Cordy Glenn turning into a stud LT...

Big Turk

the real problem with a young team is contrary to what these posts indicate, EJ will be fine in time, and is cheap. We paid a ton for Mario, and you can only have so many really high paying guys. Our problem is not locking guys up early as it is cheaper. We blew it in Levitre as I believe we could have locked him down at 3.75-4 mil after year two. We're staring down CJ, not sure what happens with Byrd, then CG, and so on.

mario will have to restructure in the end or gone. we'll see how good whaley is as a gm. He came from the Steelers and although they don't look solid now, have been the gem of the league forever.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, so how long until we trade him?? Or retards on this board call for him to be traded??

LT's can play for 8-10 yrs. This organization drafted three RB's in the first round - one with a shattered knee - compared to only two offensive lineman. That is how you miss the playoffs for 13 years.

Move him to LG. Hairston at LT. Pears stays at RT

Glenn was a bruising run blocker in college. This might be a quick fix for our Colin Brown problem.

Harriston can't do much at LT from the IR. Good news is that it is easier to find a guard than an LT, so it can't be that hard to find one better than what we have

Under the new CBA, rookies can't sign new contracts until after their 3rd season. Its precisely the reason Colin Kapernick didn't receive a new contract last offseason. The 49ers must wait until this upcoming offseason for their 1st chance to give him a new deal.

^^^^^^^^

THIS!!!

I think he is probably the reason why we didn't lock up Levitre. He is playing well and is only going to get better.

foolish mistake as he cant play guard and tackle, like they thought.

Still think he could be the best in the league at LG...if they moved him there.

especially after we draft Taylor Lewan

I think he is probably the reason why we didn't lock up Levitre. He is playing well and is only going to get better.

"Locking him up" won't make a difference. If, at any point in the near future, he feels he wants to play for a different team or wants to be paid more, a long-term contract wouldn't matter. See: Peters.

I'm very comfortable with Glenn's pass protection. I'd like to hear people's thoughts and observations about his run blocking.

Cue up the KC game from last season or any game before he got injured for that matter. That will tell you all you need to know about his run blocking.

Different schemes this year and more bunched formations, but he's more than holding his own and regularly moves his man. His man seldom gets the first hit.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

It might be an idea if Hairston was not on the PUP list. Maybe next year.

The only scenario I can see for Glenn going to G is if they drafted a blue chip LT that's already better than Glenn. I thought there was a possibility of them doing that this year if one of the top two dropped to them in the draft.

GO BILLS!!!

It's actually kind-of hard to say, because runs left almost always get blown up by whoever Colin Brown fails to block, rendering Glenn's effort completely irrelevant.

Overall, though...looks pretty strong at the point of attack, as far as I can tell.

Thanks.

Cue up the KC game from last season or any game before he got injured for that matter. That will tell you all you need to know about his run blocking.

Different schemes this year and more bunched formations, but he's more than holding his own and regularly moves his man. His man seldom gets the first hit.

GO BILLS!!!

I appreciate this post as well.