Leodis McKelvin is great, Kiko Alonso sucks

jumbalaya

Leodis played a great game today. This defensive backfield could be stellar once Gilmore comes back. For all of the Leodis haters on this board, you were all wrong.

And for those that anointed Kiko the next great player, he was invisible all day today. He got chewed up by the Pats line. The run defense was horrendous.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Kiko was terrific. Don't know what game you were looking at. McKelvin took his head out of the game in the 2nd quarter but rebounded nicely for a strong overall game.

Amazingly the secondary was generally the least of the problems today. Allowing just 23 points against the Pats, especially with a gimme starting from the 11 yard line, says to me that the offensive penalties were what really cost them.

Leodis played a great game today. This defensive backfield could be stellar once Gilmore comes back. For all of the Leodis haters on this board, you were all wrong.

And for those that anointed Kiko the next great player, he was invisible all day today. He got chewed up by the Pats line. The run defense was horrendous.

You don't know what you're looking at and you have no idea what you're talking about. You should have your posting rights revoked.

Yes, a 2nd round pick in his first game sucks. Wow.

I'm setting the O/U on this thread being deleted at 24 hours.

Something like:

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use your frickin' brain. The topic starter can think twice before hitting "post" so as to start a conversation that isn't a waste of everyone's time.

Thank you.

Kiko played super well. I don't know what game you were watching.

Yeah I thought he played well too. Great goal line stop and then recovered the fumble on the goal line.

So proud of our defense. We gave the Patriots the ball twice on turnovers inside the 20 and we were still in the game til the end.

And Hey Marcel way to punch Brady in the chops and get away with it. You rule buddy.

McKelvin was good but I wish he would have intercepted that ball Brady threw behind Thompkins that hit Leodis in the left bicep. Also, Kilo was making some thumping hits in there. I hope he doesn't have concussion syndrome when he's done playing....

If Kiko is #50, I am mystified by your comments. #50 was a defensive force for our side.

I thought this thread was stupid before the OP changed the title. Good grief...

Wasn't it Kiko who made the big 3d down stick on the Vereen at the goal line, and then recovered Brady's fumble the next play? I saw the kid all over the field.

Edited by KD in CT

McKelvin was very solid today indeed ... Could have had an int but solid. Kiko made some real nice plays that most people saw BUT also severely over-ran the ball carrier on 2 of the longer Pats running plays. And up and down day for him but pretty darn good for a rook in his 1st game.

The entire defense played well today...our offense had several penalties and turned the ball over and they still held New England to 23 points. If our young team can clean up there game we would have been the better team today.

I take that back.. Marcell would be invisible if he weren't so fat

kiko had an excellent debut. mckelvin was solid the entire game. I don't understand how anyone could have watched Kiko closely in his first game and not come away impressed. kiko was very good. He's one of the least problems with our defense.

In fact, between EJ and Woods and Kiko they all had very impressive debuts.

wow we stopped the run all day. we had some lapses when a tired D who got no rest due to constant 3 and outs let a few long runs go, but the D was great. maybe you forgot last year where every run was a huge gain... Kiko I saw in on a lot of plays. your post is completely wrong aside from mckelvin being good , he was. maybe watch the game again.

Edited by enlightener

wow we stopped the run all day. we had some lapses when a tired D who got no rest due to constant 3 and outs let a few long runs go, but the D was great. maybe you forgot last year where every run was a huge gain... Kiko I saw in on a lot of plays. your post is completely wrong. maybe watch the game again.

I thought Kiko was good but we surely did not stop the run. That was probably the most disappointing element of our defense's performance.