Leodis McKelvin is great, Kiko Alonso sucks

jumbalaya

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Kiko was good but we surely did not stop the run. That was probably the most disappointing element of our defense's performance.

we did for many plays, they had some negative plays too, then when it was the late 3rd or 4rth quarter, they broke 2 long ones. We had 4 three and outs on O, so of course we gave up some runs, its the fault of the offense. the pats had around150 yards total with those two long runs, its not bad at all.

Leodis played a great game today. This defensive backfield could be stellar once Gilmore comes back. For all of the Leodis haters on this board, you were all wrong.

And for those that anointed Kiko the next great player, he was invisible all day today. He got chewed up by the Pats line. The run defense was horrendous.

yes lets execute kiko now, what are we thinking. Leodis has stunk forever but he was one good game and now he is the "answer". Kiko wasn't the greatest but it's his first game.

with all these moronic threads coming up how everyone sucks after one game, I'm starting to think we have the dumbest fans in the league.

This site is becoming unreadable. MODS please vet these hacks before they start a horrific chain of nonsense, lets get the smart posters to actually come back.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Mck had a great game.....NOT! He had an average game for a professional athlete. He should have got called for 2 PIs and got burnt many times. Luckily Brady missed his receiver or had drops. Mck should have been gone since his drop on Monday night years ago!

I see this young man, Kiko, having a good career in Buffalo. He made a few good hits and was strong at the point of attack.. DTs need to occupy the O linemen or any MLB will get run over.

I agree except for few plays that happen every game. The DT's were quiet. Kyle had a sack, Dareus made one nice crushing run stop.

Today The Bills gave up 10 more yards running, than their 2012 average. I don't see the killer play this line should be playing at. Maybe next week.

Kiko is the least of the D's problems. Leonard was serviceable but looked winded in the 4th. 3 and outs will do that.

I agree except for few plays that happen every game. The DT's were quiet. Kyle had a sack, Dareus made one nice crushing run stop.

Today The Bills gave up 10 more yards running, than their 2012 average. I don't see the killer play this line should be playing at. Maybe next week.

Kiko is the least of the D's problems. Leonard was serviceable but looked winded in the 4th. 3 and outs will do that.

the yards per game last year were an average of games where we gave up 100 yards and games we gave up 300. so its not a big deal to surrender a lot to the pats, when in truth, it was a winded late game D that gave up the two big runs after about 3 3 and outs in a row from our crappy O.

I thought Kiko was good but we surely did not stop the run. That was probably the most disappointing element of our defense's performance.

Actually, for the amount plays they faced overall and the amount of time they were on the field, the defense played exceptionally well...including against the run. They gave up a few longer runs; however, the majority of those were later in the game when they were obviously feeling the workload. Most of the day they made the Pats work hard for everything they got...

I don't want to burst your collective buble but I think he did just fine against a rookie WR, but granted it could have been worse. I liked Robey and Searcy today.

Agreed. That rookie receiver was horrible. That said he was all over him like white on rice.

Actually, for the amount plays they faced overall and the amount of time they were on the field, the defense played exceptionally well...including against the run. They gave up a few longer runs; however, the majority of those were later in the game when they were obviously feeling the workload. Most of the day they made the Pats work hard for everything they got...

Perhaps. Except the Pats had 82 yards rushing in the first half and 76 in the second. So I don't see it as a case of being run down. There were some huge holes and some bad tackling. Granted, because it is Brady and the Pats it's very, very easy to overcompensate to defend the pass and leave yourself open to the run, which is how they kill everyone. But there were too many holes and big chunks in the run game overall. And it's never a good sign when three separate DBs are tied for your leading tacklers with one linebacker at 9, although of course most of those were on pass plays.

kiko had an excellent debut. mckelvin was solid the entire game. I don't understand how anyone could have watched Kiko closely in his first game and not come away impressed. kiko was very good. He's one of the least problems with our defense.

In fact, between EJ and Woods and Kiko they all had very impressive debuts.

The OP needs to be taken off the board until a concussion protocol is completed.

Leodis McKelvin played superbly at corner. Punt return gaffe not withstanding, I don't expect a lot more posters wondering why we spend ~5M/yr to have him to stick around now.

Kiko is not (yet) as beefy and Herculean as a Clay Matthews, but he sure looks like he could be the answer to our prayers at MLB. The way he almost tipped away that first Brady TD pass to Edelman speaks to how aware and athletic he is in the middle. An incredible performance by a rookie MLB in my opinion. And his goal line stop was heard throughout the Ralph as well as living rooms of WNY & NE proper.

I had not seen much from #25's years as an understudy, but I have to say Da'Norris Searcy was bringing the lumber and really looked like a capable S like I had always hoped he'd be. And Manny Lawson is long, lean, and was forcing a lot of plays back to his help - he looked very solid compared to what good ol' Jerry Sullivan prepared us for with his bitchslap of an article.