The Worst Time of the Year to be a Bills Fan is Upon Us

Storm Front

No matter what the outcome Sunday, I'll be excited about this team. I feel for the first time the Bills are heading in the right direction. I totally expect there to be growing pains, and ups and downs. I am curious how this team will look from week 10 on. That will give me a glimpse of what this team has the ability to do next year. This is an actual rebuild.. not just stucco and a fresh paint job.

Please re-read the second post. See you in about 6 weeks when we are all discussing how putrid this team is yet again.

I think you're missing my point, which was more on target with what the 2nd poster typed;

I'm not expecting a Super Bowl. The difference between this year and year's past is a fresh start with promising young talent. I expect bumps in the road, they're young and raw. BUT I do like the direction the organization is going and am excited about our guys this year.

I don't care about 6 weeks from now. If they suck, my life still will not have changed. I have other things going on, you know, like a family, work, social life, etc.

I think you're missing my point, which was more on target with what the 2nd poster typed;

I'm not expecting a Super Bowl. The difference between this year and year's past is a fresh start with promising young talent. I expect bumps in the road, they're young and raw. BUT I do like the direction the organization is going and am excited about our guys this year.

I don't care about 6 weeks from now. If they suck, my life still will not have changed. I have other things going on, you know, like a family, work, social life, etc.

My bad. Re-read your post.

Some of us do

I mis-typed. I meant a realistic chance. There is being optimistic and then there is being down right crazy. I put actually expecting this team to contend for a championship in the second category.

I'm jaded. Happens when one is a Bills, Sabres, Indians, and Pacers fan.

Edited by Chimp

We should have won 9 games last year. Chan blew 3 games with horrible playcalling.

We are better than last year.

Therefore, I am optimistic. I take it one game at a time. I don't believe that New England will sweep us again. I don't see the defense giving up 49 points in one half. I think we will win on Sunday.

That's as far as I go. 1-0.

Here we go again. Another dismal rebuilding season. All the optimism of the offseason is over. Prepare to have your heart broken and many sad Monday mornings Bills fans.

I totally disagree. The franchise QB we've been waiting for is here and he's the reason to feel good about everything Buffalo Bills.

Last year was worse than the 3-13 season in 2001 or 4-12 in 2010. I can't remember being more excited about a season opener and then being more let down. Worst feeling I've had after a football game in years.

I've learned my lesson, though -- I'm only expecting to beat the Pats* by 17.

That opening game last year was the worst. I thought the defense was going to be good. I tried to convince myself that a smart QB with limited tools could work. Chan could coach. That one game showed me how wrong I was.

This is different, this off season was very un-Bills like. What ever the final record is, this year will be interesting and I believe it will be more fun. Isn't that the point?

Here we go again. Another dismal rebuilding season. All the optimism of the offseason is over. Prepare to have your heart broken and many sad Monday mornings Bills fans.

You are quite the ray of sunshine. I prefer to bask in the glory of everlasting early season hope, thanks very much.

cheer up...

2014 NFL mock draft: QBs lead way too early projection

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/9/6/4701168/2014-nfl-mock-draft-jadeveon-clowney-teddy-bridgewater

I love all the sunshine shitters. They think because some people dont get all tingly with anticipation for the 14th straight season of playoff free football they're somehow horrible people who sit in the dark being depressed.

I'm perfectly optimistic about my marraige my job, my finances, my family and friends etc etc. That doesnt mean I have to sit around and pump hot air on a message board about how THIS IS THE YEAR it all gets better when ALL indications are its going be one ****ty spectacle after another until we are mathmatically eliminated on week 7.

But homers do make me LOL so god bless em.

I love all the sunshine shitters. They think because some people dont get all tingly with anticipation for the 14th straight season of playoff free football they're somehow horrible people who sit in the dark being depressed.

I'm perfectly optimistic about my marraige my job, my finances, my family and friends etc etc. That doesnt mean I have to sit around and pump hot air on a message board about how THIS IS THE YEAR it all gets better when ALL indications are its going be one ****ty spectacle after another until we are mathmatically eliminated on week 7.

I haven't run the numbers, but I strongly suspect that even if a team lost the first 7 games they would not be mathamatically eliminated. 9-7, or even worse, has slipped into a wilcard spot in the past I believe.

I'll be okay with the season if we can just stop the opponents running game. I hate making run-of-the-mill running backs look like Jim Brown every week. Let's lose 10-13 and hold them to under 100 yards rushing. Then look forward to next year when EJ has a year under his belt.

As a fellow Bills fan, I understand for your pain. But I am sure you know that you just shouldn't take it so seriously.

This board should be a place where Bills fans can celebrate winning as well as let off some steam after 13 consecutive years of lousy football and a half century of mostly mis-management.

But that's not going to happen until they actually do the winning part, so for now just ignore the trolls like Nanker that have only one purpose here........to lie in wait and attack fellow Bills fans.

If you think the losing bothers you, that is just a fraction of how it breaks their fragile little hearts. The slightest criticism of the team shreds their tissue paper skin. They are our weakest links but the chain is only as strong as them. :lol:

As for this season......it is just another opportunity to get it right. Probably 90% of the results of this season have already been determined by the steps leading up to it, and the most important step was addressing the QB position.....which they did......so IMO it could go either way. I am not tamping down my expectations. They didn't appear to do enough to improve the team, but the league is constantly evolving and maybe they are somehow ahead of the curve in one way or another. That's how it happens sometimes. But it always starts with the QB. If Manuel plays well and stays healthy it will be a good season.

Oh I thought it was the worst part of year because you are posting more. Continue posting distortions distortions.

As for this season......it is just another opportunity to get it right. Probably 90% of the results of this season have already been determined by the steps leading up to it, and the most important step was addressing the QB position.....which they did......so IMO it could go either way. I am not tamping down my expectations. They didn't appear to do enough to improve the team, but the league is constantly evolving and maybe they are somehow ahead of the curve in one way or another. That's how it happens sometimes. But it always starts with the QB. If Manuel plays well and stays healthy it will be a good season.

I want to be optimistic, but I just don't understand why they let Levitre walk. I think that he could have really helped EJ develop, as well as the running game. Their big weapons at this point will be EJ (a rookie)and Stevie (a small rb), and they let go of the player who did the best job protecting them. This move can easily cost them a game or 2, or so I see it. But I generally agree that the offensive personnel appears to be better just based on EJ.

On defense, the wild card is Dareus. They placed a lot of eggs in his basket, and he needs to play at first round level, let alone a #3. If he plays at or even near his potential, life will be a lot easier for the secondary, even before Gilmore returns.

Actually, my biggest fear wrt the Bills is 2014. It looks to me as if they are stocking up on dead cap space. Do you think that they are doing this on purpose to avoid spending actually dollars in 2014?

I hope that your answer is no.

I want to be optimistic, but I just don't understand why they let Levitre walk. I think that he could have really helped EJ develop, as well as the running game. Their big weapons at this point will be EJ (a rookie)and Stevie (a small rb), and they let go of the player who did the best job protecting them. This move can easily cost them a game or 2, or so I see it. But I generally agree that the offensive personnel appears to be better just based on EJ.

On defense, the wild card is Dareus. They placed a lot of eggs in his basket, and he needs to play at first round level, let alone a #3. If he plays at or even near his potential, life will be a lot easier for the secondary, even before Gilmore returns.

Actually, my biggest fear wrt the Bills is 2014. It looks to me as if they are stocking up on dead cap space. Do you think that they are doing this on purpose to avoid spending actually dollars in 2014?

I hope that your answer is no.

I think their business plan is still cash to the cap, and even without the new restrictions it has been hard for them to play it that cheap and field a consistently competitive team. Not because you have to be a free spending franchise to win, but the Bills make so many poor decisions even when cap space is not a significant factor that they really need that cap room to help cover them up. Not re-signing both Levitre and Byrd was not an option in my opinion and it is possible that Byrd will also be gone in 2014. Replacing them is probably going to mean high draft picks plus a lot of luck. Those picks should instead be getting used to improve the team, not to get the level of safety and OG play back to where it was. That's where not using the cap space hurts the Bills in the long run. And then when they draft players early at positions which they do not value......like FS and OG......they set themselves up for a repeat scenario in 4-5 years. If you aren't willing to pay them despite a wealth of cap space.......don't draft players at those positions early. But that is the Bills gameplan......everything is about plugging holes for the next year or two and traditionally not about team building.

But that's not going to happen until they actually do the winning part, so for now just ignore the trolls like Nanker that have only one purpose here........to lie in wait and attack fellow Bills fans.

If you think the losing bothers you, that is just a fraction of how it breaks their fragile little hearts. The slightest criticism of the team shreds their tissue paper skin. They are our weakest links but the chain is only as strong as them. :lol:

'Sup, Pot?

Yeah but April will be here before you know it and that's our super bowl. The draft is by far the most exciting time for Bills fans. We always have early picks. That's one of the benefits of being a garbage team. I love college ball and there are some really good players coming out this year. Clowney and Bridgewater are just two. Both of those guys are going to be drafted in the top 5. Sammy Watkins of Clemson is another great one. He's a fantastic wide out. :thumbsup: "Dump for Clowney" A 2 and 14 season will probably get him.

The simple fact of the matter is that nobody can be this miserable about something that's suppose to be fun and be a generally happy person.

But doom and gloomers do make me feel better about my attitude so God bless 'em

As a fellow Bills fan, I understand for your pain. But I am sure you know that you just shouldn't take it so seriously.

This board should be a place where Bills fans can celebrate winning as well as let off some steam after 13 consecutive years of lousy football and a half century of mostly mis-management.

:lol::worthy:

That's why my favorite part of the year starts tomorrow. Hopefully the Bills do good, but if they don't, the nitwits will end up eating a lot of sh#%. :thumbsup: