The Worst Time of the Year to be a Bills Fan is Upon Us

Storm Front

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year was one of the worst years I can remember. Our expectations were too high I think. This year I'm trying not to be so optimistic so I won't be as disappointed when they lose but that damn EJ Manuel has me excited. There's going to be a lot of bad Monday mornings

I completely disagree. I feel like we have a lot of young talented guys that are easy to root for, and while there may be some growing pains, that's a helluva lot easier to embrace than complete and utter failure.

I'm not expecting Super Bowl, but I look forward to some exciting football this year from the Bills.

Here we go again. Another dismal rebuilding season. All the optimism of the offseason is over. Prepare to have your heart broken and many sad Monday mornings Bills fans.

Man o man...do you kick your dog every morning too?

Can't wait till season starts...Bills only play 19 more times this year, I will enjoy every one of these games!

Here we go again. Another dismal rebuilding season. All the optimism of the offseason is over. Prepare to have your heart broken and many sad Monday mornings Bills fans.

I guess I'm more of a glass half full kind of guy. As you say a dismal rebuilding season, I see it a season where it appears that they're putting the pieces back in place (finally) to return this team back to a respectable level. As another poster stated, we will have our growing pains, and some painful Monday mornings, I also expect to have some great Monday mornings. While putting up W's is the ultimate goal, I feel that there are other things to look at this year, such as the progression of the offense & defense. We haven't even played one game yet and already being slated as dismal. Try to look for the positives that will come each and every week, even if there isn't a mark in the W column. This new Buffalo Bills team is chock full of exciting young players. They feel like they can compete with anyone in the league, they appear to have a swagger about them now that hasn't been there for several years. I am proud to be a Bills fan through the ups and downs, good and bad. This is the season where it finally starts to turn around. I, myself am stoked to watch the season unfold. So to that I say, GO BILLS, you have my full support and let's go kick some ass.

Edited by FLbills

My wife has been telling me this every time I mention how many days left till the season opener. I'm willing to undergo all of those terrible Mondays though for that one magical season that will eventually descend upon us.... May it start this week...

Can't wait till season starts...Bills only play 19 more times this year, I will enjoy every one of these games!

+2

This is the least excited I've been about opening day in my life. 13 years of self-induced failure will do that to a guy. I believe that this is year 1 of a three and out that will see Marrone tossed onto the Willams-Mularkey-Jauron-Gailey trash heap.

All I want as a fan is to watch a meaningful game in mid-November. Is that too much to ask for?

We have some good pieces, but overall I think we are once again destined for the basement of the AFCE.

Prepared for the worst but hoping for the best. Go Bills!!!

THIS will be our finest season in over a decade.

Deal with it.

I wish I could share that level of optimism with you. Unfortunately, I've grown a bit numb to the Bills and their losing ways, last year I think being the first time ever that I just wasn't bothered a single bit by the outcome of the games. Even as far back as 2002, I can remember after a Bills loss I didn't want to talk to anybody the rest of the day, I wouldn't go online, or watch highlights, or anything. I even remember the year the Titans beat the Bills back in 99, on the bs kickoff return, my roommate in college was laughing during the kickoff screaming "oh my God!". He wasn't even a football fan. I didn't speak to him for two weeks.

I do believe this season will be an exciting one. I think we will see some awesome plays, and I think we will see our fair share of growing pains as well. I don't see playoffs on the horizon for this years Bills team, but you never know. As Chris Berman always says....

"THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME!"

Go Buffalo in 2013! In EJ we trust!!!!

The worst time of year usually occurs around mid-season, not opening day. By mid-season we all realize that the Bills suck and people start looking forward to the draft.

This year will be a little different though. As long as EJ progresses and looks good it will give the fans hope that this thing is finally turning around.

Last year was the hardest year in a LONG time, that's saying a lot since it's been 13 years since playoffs --- expectations were so high --- what a let down -- It's crazy that we let the Bills FO reset every 3 years and buy themselves another couple years of patience, but we have no choice but to be patient with these coaches and especially EJ -- my goal this year is for EJ to demonstrate during the course of the year that he is capable of being that franchise QB that we've been searching for since Jim Kelly retired --- #2, I want to see that we've found the right scheme on defense that strikes some fear into opposing offenses -- on the surface, Pettine's scheme is the one most fans would want to see (attack, attack, attack) -- #3 I want to see the emergence of a deeper WR core --- Looking ahead, and assuming QB, WR and Front 7 of defense play well --- we will more than likely still have holes at CB and OG heading into next off-season --- let's hope FO, does what they should and frees as much cap space NEXT YEAR by restructuring contracts and putting more money into this year (with $24M to spend) and has a good 2014 draft ---

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

Nothing will change until Wilson dies and Brandon/overdorf and the rest of the Mickey Mouse front office is gone.

Oh, for the love of Christ! Will you put a sock in it and take your bull **** negativity someplace else?

The way you and the others that constantly run down the organization by brandishing your stupidity is beyond arrogant.

Oh, for the love of Christ! Will you put a sock in it and take your bull **** negativity someplace else?

The way you and the others that constantly run down the organization by brandishing your stupidity is beyond arrogant.

The Bills' front office owns the patent for stupidity brandishing.

This season is about watching our young franchise QB develop with his young new WRs. As long as E.J. stays healthy, it should be a fun season, regardless of the outcome. That, and new (and hopefully exciting and effective) schemes on both sides of the ball make it worth watching.

We're still missing several key pieces of the puzzle, but it's hard not to get excited about the future. I don't expect that excitement to manifest itself in the record. But that's not what this season is about.

This season is about watching our young franchise QB develop with his young new WRs. As long as E.J. stays healthy, it should be a fun season, regardless of the outcome. That, and new (and hopefully exciting and effective) schemes on both sides of the ball make it worth watching.

We're still missing several key pieces of the puzzle, but it's hard not to get excited about the future. I don't expect that excitement to manifest itself in the record. But that's not what this season is about.

There's that word again... hope. I hope this, I hope that. I hope you are right. My brain says they will get a few more IR injuries and totally poop the bed this year, but I hope I am wrong. go bills.