Geno Smith's attitude

billsgpr88

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the over-under on how long his career will last?

i think it's all on if he can mature. Maybe he lights it up, maybe he plays poor and doesn't care, maybe he gets his but whooped, and he eats some humble pie. I don't think being a Jet does him any favors though. They will let issues fester until the become larger issues.

how many times did poor decisions by fitz, put us down early? im not trying to turn this into a "what if" Fitz had a defense conversation. My only point is that Sanchez is a good QB still. Not great. And with weapons around him, he can make plays to win big games. Like I said before, 6 TDs to 0 Int in his last playoff appearance. Regardless of who the Jets start, unless they fix the coaching and managing issues, is probably going to fail.

Sanchez is not a good QB...he isn't even average, he is bad...plain and simple. He is a turnover machine and makes poor decisions. He is a horrible leader that pouts when things go bad and is overly sensitive. His teammates have ZERO faith in him regardless of what they may say publicly...privately they just laugh at how bad it is...

If you watch Sanchez and think that is good QB play,you must think Fitz was the next Joe Montana, lol

i think it's all on if he can mature. Maybe he lights it up, maybe he plays poor and doesn't care, maybe he gets his but whooped, and he eats some humble pie. I don't think being a Jet does him any favors though. They will let issues fester until the become larger issues.

It's very hard to make a lazy person into a workaholic...its kinda ingrained in their persona

Edited by matter2003

Sanchez is not a good QB...he isn't even average, he is bad...plain and simple. He is a turnover machine and makes poor decisions. He is a horrible leader that pouts when things go bad and is overly sensitive. His teammates have ZERO faith in him regardless of what they may say publicly...privately they just laugh at how bad it is...

If you watch Sanchez and think that is good QB play,you must think Fitz was the next Joe Montana, lol

It's very hard to make a lazy person into a workaholic...its kinda ingrained in their persona

I've already said my piece on Sanchez, and I don't care to reiterate. Like I said before, we can disagree....plain and simple.

Now Geno is, what...22 or 23? Far to young for anyone to be making declarations on his ability to mature. I agree that the media has done its best to make him look like a Turd, but that's it at this point.

how many times did poor decisions by fitz, put us down early? im not trying to turn this into a "what if" Fitz had a defense conversation. My only point is that Sanchez is a good QB still. Not great. And with weapons around him, he can make plays to win big games. Like I said before, 6 TDs to 0 Int in his last playoff appearance. Regardless of who the Jets start, unless they fix the coaching and managing issues, is probably going to fail.

Sanchize's career stats:

Completion % YPA TD Int. Rating

55.1 % 6.5 68 69 71.7

Those aren't really the numbers associated with a good QB. I would tend to say that Sanchez is very limited and you can only rely on him to manage the offense on a team where the defense and running game predominate. He cannot carry a team on his back like a Peyton Manning or a Brees for instance.

Sanchize's career stats:

Completion % YPA TD Int. Rating

55.1 % 6.5 68 69 71.7

Those aren't really the numbers associated with a good QB. I would tend to say that Sanchez is very limited and you can only rely on him to manage the offense on a team where the defense and running game predominate. He cannot carry a team on his back like a Peyton Manning or a Brees for instance.

He also gets demerits for that stupid headband he wears and awful beard.

He cannot carry a team on his back like a Peyton Manning or a Brees for instance.

That's actally what I stated from the very beginning. The point I was making; with a talented roster, he can win. When he played with a good jets team, he took them to the AFC title game, twice. When he played for a bad jets team, he was the focal point of a failing organization.

I've already said my piece on Sanchez, and I don't care to reiterate. Like I said before, we can disagree....plain and simple.

Now Geno is, what...22 or 23? Far to young for anyone to be making declarations on his ability to mature. I agree that the media has done its best to make him look like a Turd, but that's it at this point.

Geno Smith does not the media to make him look bad. He does that all by himself. No media conspiracy necessary.

Geno Smith does not the media to make him look bad. He does that all by himself. No media conspiracy necessary.

didn't imply a conspiracy at all. And yes, he has done some to make him self look bad, but the media does like to report that "sources" say this, and that. You know regular Jets stuff. I never said he wasn't a Turd, just everyone wants to put a lot of emphasis on it. Back to my point, nothing says he can't mature.

Lol, the media doesn't have to work very hard, just ask him any question regarding effort or work ethic and he pretty much hands it to them on a gold platter...

Funny how no media member says anything but great things about EJ's work ethic or preparation...

Perhaps they simply are telling it like it is? It could never be that simple, tho right?

Lol, the media doesn't have to work very hard, just ask him any question regarding effort or work ethic and he pretty much hands it to them on a gold platter...

Funny how no media member says anything but great things about EJ's work ethic or preparation...

Perhaps they simply are telling it like it is? It could never be that simple, tho right?

It's certainly part of the narrative on geno - no doubt. I don't think johns trying to deny that. I think he's pointing out that once the door cracks open it becomes the easy, soft ball, generic story for them to tell instead of drilling down and then it snowballs as they start citing each other. You've watched it with plenty of athletes with good or bad reviews. Critical thinking, research, and independent analysis is often lacking among the media and guys get shoe horned into simple packages. That's not to say they are absolutely inaccurate either. Lazy reporting can still be accurate and right now geno is making it easy for them to tell a story about him without much effort on their end. If he doesn't watch out the ny media will bury him fast.

I liked geno coming out, but I just don't think he has a shot in NY between the circus team, the market, the instability at coach, players that backstab.... He'd have to be manning or luck and he's not. He's a high talent high upside kid that has some learning to do and I don't know how he's going to get that done where he is. It's tough stuff even in a good situation.

Edited by NoSaint

It's certainly part of the narrative on geno - no doubt. I don't think johns trying to deny that. I think he's pointing out that once the door cracks open it becomes the easy, soft ball, generic story for them to tell instead of drilling down and then it snowballs as they start citing each other. You've watched it with plenty of athletes with good or bad reviews. Critical thinking, research, and independent analysis is often lacking among the media and guys get show horned into simple packages. That's not to say they are absolutely inaccurate either. Lazy reporting can still be accurate and right now geno is making it easy for them to tell a story about him without much effort on their end. If he doesn't watch out the ny media will bury him fast.

I liked geno coming out, but I just don't think he has a shot in NY between the circus team, the market, the instability at coach, players that backstab.... He'd have to be manning or luck and he's not. He's a high talent high upside kid that has some learning to do and I don't know how he's going to get that done where he is. It's tough stuff even in a good situation.

+1

Its pretty obvious Geno Smith isn't going to make it in the NFL, he doesn't have the raw natural talent and skillset of Mike Vick when he was in Atlanta and he didn't study too much tape and in the NFL you have to put that extra prep in if you want to make it. Too much money on the line for 90% of the players to not study tape. The defenders are going to try to know you better than you know yourself.

I wouldn't. The Jets' top 5 defenses those years were what carried that ship. 2009: Jets D #1 overall; 2010: jets D 3rd overall; 2011 Jets D 5th overall. A lot easier to be a QB when you can play it safe and don't have to put up 40pts a game to guarantee a win.

I think Sanchez had wonderful post-seasons. He made plays in those post-season games. It was not always the defense. As other posters have suggested, the Jets blew themselves by not re-signing those talented running backs and gave his no WR targets. Sanchez is a system QB and can excel when the support cast is good.

I think Sanchez had wonderful post-seasons. He made plays in those post-season games. It was not always the defense. As other posters have suggested, the Jets blew themselves by not re-signing those talented running backs and gave his no WR targets. Sanchez is a system QB and can excel when the support cast is good.

Not to mention the Bills D made him look like the reincarnation of Joe Montana 2x a year

Don't want to be presumptuous, but I think this guy's gonna be in for a rude awakening

On watching tape of Darrelle Revis: "I mean, I don't think it's necessary," Smith said. "Maybe I will, maybe I won't. You pretty much get the idea of what kind of player he is based on his reputation."

What an idiot, glad we didn't draft him.

Geno looked like a hot mess for much of the game yesterday...running around after a second or two when his first read wasn't open, not sensing pressure, etc...

Made a few nice throws but I mean he looked like an unprepared rookie for much of the game...

Indecisive, not able to feel the rush, etc. you can maybe chalk up as rookie mistakes... But those picks he threw were really terrible throws. Can't blame being a rookie on throwing a ball 5-10 yards behind a receiver.

Geno just has this clueless look about him. More-and-more I'm glad we drafted EJ.

Guys, don't throw stones from a glass house.

We also have a rookie QB, and I fully expect EJ to have some clunker, 3 pick games, like Geno had last night. That's part of being a rookie QB.

EJ doesn't look clueless...he might have some bad games but he is not gonna look like THAT

the guy choked last night. if we put a nice whooping on them next week at their house, the fans are going to start booing him and chanting for Sanchez. oh what a turn of events that would be!

In New York, if the fans aren't with you its a miserable and depressing place to be. I wonder if Geno has it in him to handle it when the fans turn against him.

Indecisive, not able to feel the rush, etc. you can maybe chalk up as rookie mistakes... But those picks he threw were really terrible throws. Can't blame being a rookie on throwing a ball 5-10 yards behind a receiver.

Geno just has this clueless look about him. More-and-more I'm glad we drafted EJ.

Me too. The polar opposite of EJ's demeanor and leadership thus far.

Geno thinks he can get by just as he has all along thus far - just by winging it. He looks and acts like a petulant child ... not the type of guy who seems willing to put the hard detail work in ... and I doubt it will ultimately win over a locker room of grown men.

I could be wrong, but this 'crybaby' sort of stigma seems so appropriate for him. And I am really only going by his act during the window of time from the draft until now.

He was out there last night wearing a sour puss on the field during the damn game.

I know, I know ... Carolina first, and they are no slouch.

But man, I hope we crush these G-E-T-S come week 3 in the Meadowlands!