Geno Smith's attitude

billsgpr88

It will be interesting to see how this board is going to be when the following results happen on Sunday.

Bills - W, Jets - L - Board - Glad Bills made the right choice in picking EJ ahead of Geno.

Bills - L, Jets - W - Board - I told you so....EJ sucked and will suck...They should have picked Geno. Jets will have the last laugh

Bills - L Jets - L - Board - This years QBs suck. We need to get the 1st pick next year for Bridgewater

Bills - W Jets W Board - I am glad the Bills got EJ and the Jets got Geno....Both are winners!

You covered all the bases. You can go home now. No point seeing what actually happens.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to give all players the benefit of the doubt, but man, this Geno kid really seems like a dud. What rookie QB, playing against a guy considered the best corner in the league, would say something like that?

HAve to call BS on this. Ok to rip the guy because he is awful but what good does it do to watch tape of Revis as a NYJ? Different defense, different scheme, and coming of knee surgery he will be a different player.

Hope you ripped Stevie for not knowing who played safety for the Patriots???

I don't think anyone's ever accused Stevie of working toooooo hard. You study opponents. If you can find any holes, or even strengths, in their individual skill sets that's an advantage to you. Do you really think manning, brees, or Brady don't have extensive files on pretty much everyone they will face?

I really want to give all players the benefit of the doubt, but man, this Geno kid really seems like a dud. What rookie QB, playing against a guy considered the best corner in the league, would say something like that?

He has Bust written all over him, IMO.

I really don't see what the big deal is?? Maybe I'm missing something. I fully understand that the proper thing to say is that you're looking at film on everyone...BUT, we're talking about one of the greatest CB's of ALL TIME. Do we honestly think being a rookie, with 1 MILLION things to pick up on and focus on, you're going to focus energy on studying film on REVIS? Let me make it easy for you Geno: DON'T THROW THE BALL IN HIS DIRECTION AND FOCUS ON CB#2.

I really don't see what the big deal is?? Maybe I'm missing something. I fully understand that the proper thing to say is that you're looking at film on everyone...BUT, we're talking about one of the greatest CB's of ALL TIME. Do we honestly think being a rookie, with 1 MILLION things to pick up on and focus on, you're going to focus energy on studying film on REVIS? Let me make it easy for you Geno: DON'T THROW THE BALL IN HIS DIRECTION AND FOCUS ON CB#2.

I'm sure thats the attitude Peyton Manning and Tom Brady took in their first few starts

I'm sure thats the attitude Peyton Manning and Tom Brady took in their first few starts

Revis was in High School in Manning's and Brady's first few starts...lol. All kidding aside - again, I understand what you're supposed to say..but again, we're talking about Revis. I'd be willing to bet that Rex and Co. have ZERO inention of throwing at Revis. The last thing the Jets want is Revis to return a pick 6 at Metlife Stadium; especially considering how Rex never wanted Revis to go he sure as hell doesn't want to let Revis beat them. Edited by bobobonators

Revis was in High School in Manning's and Brady's first few starts...lol. All kidding aside - again, I understand what you're supposed to say..but again, we're talking about Revis. I'd be willing to bet that Rex and Co. have ZERO inention of throwing at Revis. The last thing the Jets want is Revis to return a pick 6 at Metlife Stadium; especially considering how Rex never wanted Revis to go he sure as hell doesn't want to let Revis beat them.

No offense, but you're missing the point. It was a ridiculous thing for Geno to say, and goes towards showing how mentally immature he is.

Revis was in High School in Manning's and Brady's first few starts...lol. All kidding aside - again, I understand what you're supposed to say..but again, we're talking about Revis. I'd be willing to bet that Rex and Co. have ZERO inention of throwing at Revis. The last thing the Jets want is Revis to return a pick 6 in Metlife Stadium.

Thats a defeatist attitude IMO. If thats how Rex and co approach this game they absolutely deserve to be fired.

One thing I loved about Gailey and Fitz is that they didn't fear the best. Stevie owned Revis in large part because of that thinking

No offense, but you're missing the point. It was a ridiculous thing for Geno to say, and goes towards showing how mentally immature he is.

I'm not missing the point at all. I understand what he was supposed to say, as stated in my prior post. I'm just not going nuts over it and could care less either way. I understand both sides of the argument as opposed to only one side.

Thats a defeatist attitude IMO. If thats how Rex and co approach this game they absolutely deserve to be fired.

One thing I loved about Gailey and Fitz is that they didn't fear the best. Stevie owned Revis in large part because of that thinking

Defeatist? I dunno. It could also be smart. Nobody knows Revis better than the Jets (obviously). Rookie QB. First start ever. Missed time in preseason. And you want to start challenging Revis??? Not to mention that the Jets have absolute CRAP at WR. And you want to challenge Revis?? When Revis has serious revenge on his mind?? Forget about defeatist. Think smart. DON'T THROW TO REVIS.

I'm not missing the point at all. I understand what he was supposed to say, as stated in my prior post. I'm just not going nuts over it and could care less either way. I understand both sides of the argument as opposed to only one side.

Umm, there isn't another side. This is QB PR 101. Geno failed the first exam.

Umm, there isn't another side. This is QB PR 101. Geno failed the first exam.

Eh. I simply see right through it: "i'm not studying film on Revis because we're not going to throw at Revis". In other words, the name "Revis" says it all regardless of any film you want to look at. Let the guy throw 4int's and lose the game before we declare him a failure, a moron, or a bust.. geesh. Edited by bobobonators

Eh. I simply see right through it: "i'm not studying film on Revis because we're not going to throw at Revis". In other words, the name "Revis" says it all regardless of any film you want to look at. Let the guy throw 4int's and lose the game before we declare him a failure, a moron, or a bust.. geesh.

Sorry to belabor the point, but see through what? QB PR 101 says you don't give your opponents any reason to believe you are showing disrespect -- regardless of your game plan. And if the Jets' game plan is really to ignore an entire half of the field, well -- I feel sorry for all Jets fans.

Sorry to belabor the point, but see through what? QB PR 101 says you don't give your opponents any reason to believe you are showing disrespect -- regardless of your game plan. And if the Jets' game plan is really to ignore an entire half of the field, well -- I feel sorry for all Jets fans.

EBALL. lets think rationally: why would you feel sorry for Jets fans? What's more effective: game planning around other TB defenders or game planning around Revis? Are you, as a team, going to focus your efforts on trying to "beat" Revis? Or is it more effective to focus your efforts on Leonard freaking Johnson or Jonathan freaking Banks? I'll take the latter 10000 times every day, all day, over trying to reinvent the wheel and go after Revis with a ROOKIE QB. Not to mention that he's a Rookie QB who is starting not because of his performance during preseason but because Sanchez got injured. That's NFL coaching 101. Edited by bobobonators

EBALL. lets think rationally: why would you feel sorry for Jets fans? What's more effective: game planning around other TB defenders or game planning around Revis? Are you, as a team, going to focus your efforts on trying to "beat" Revis? Or is it more effective to focus your efforts on Leonard freaking Johnson or Jonathan freaking Banks? I'll take the latter 10000 times every day, all day, over trying to reinvent the wheel and go after Revis with a ROOKIE QB. That's NFL coaching 101.

It's all good -- we are just thinking differently about this situation. And note -- I didn't call Geno a bust...yet.

He was a great teacher, he was my track coach as well

:thumbsup:

I ran against St. Joe's track and cross-country teams that were coached by Bob Ivory. They were the best teams I ever saw--Brian Quinn, the Trammel (sp?) brothers, etc., etc. In a later era I coached against some of Jim Roland's teams. Over decades of experience against them, I came away with total, complete, and untrammeled (!) respect for St. Joe's.

It's all good -- we are just thinking differently about this situation. And note -- I didn't call Geno a bust...yet.

LOL. I hear ya. we definitely are. I see your side completely though, and if I was a Jets fan, i'd just want Geno to not say anything at all quite frankly. But I honestly think the Jets will not even attempt to throw at Revis in this game; hence why Geno saying that he's not looking at Revis' film is probably actually factual. I can't think of anything worse if I'm a Jets fan, a coach, GM, and/or owner than to lose to the Bucs this weekend and have Revis have an INT or two in your own stadium after the PR disaster the Jets had with Revis leaving.

What I don’t get is that you would think that rookie QB’s or any rookie for that matter would want to work hard and study so that when their rookie contract is up and they are good, they will get a big contract.

I could understand why some players like Jamarcus Russell might slack off after signing a contract that gives them $40 Million before they even throw their first pass but with the new rookie scale, players have to earn the big contract which makes Geno’s attitude even more alarming.

If money isn’t a motivation than what is?

CBF

I can't even picture a situation where EJ would say something like that.

I'm sure Geno's teammates are thrilled to hear those type of comments coming from their "leader"

Mr. Roland by any chance?

I thought this was interesting as well

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 20h

As I said on GameDay Season Preview: #Jets early impressions of Geno Smith at Combine meeting: Lethargic, disinterested, tired. Umimpressed

an Rapoport@RapSheet 20h

#Jets were convinced to have 2nd meeting: In Morgantown with Mornhinweg & scouts, his personality & love of game came out. They were smitten

Expand

As with most things in life, first impressions are usually the correct impression