Geno Smith's attitude

billsgpr88

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to be presumptuous, but I think this guy's gonna be in for a rude awakening

On watching tape of Darrelle Revis: "I mean, I don't think it's necessary," Smith said. "Maybe I will, maybe I won't. You pretty much get the idea of what kind of player he is based on his reputation."

lol. in other words - he has 0 intention to throw the ball in his direction

How helpful is it to watch tape of Revis playing in a different scheme? Do QBs often watch tape of individual CBs?

How do you think they figure out where to place the ball, when to target a guy, etc... If you learn a guy has bad footwork on this route or doesn't get his hands up, bites on double moves etc.... That's how you pick him apart.

Winning cures all. If this guy plays well and they win, he'll be a poster boy for a great QB. If he fails, the bad attitude stuff will be the storyline.

Attitude and work ethic are not byproducts of winning, they are the basis of winning

Here's Revis' response when he was told Geno said he didn't find it necessary to study him;

"I don't understand why [laughing] he didn't study me?" Revis said. "[Laughing more] Because I will be on the opposite side. But I don't know what their gameplan or their preparation is. And personally I don't know what Geno's preparation is but I would hope if you're playing against another opponent you should [laughing once more] study everybody on the opposing team.

"I'm studying him. [still laughing] Just to let him know, I'm studying him."

You know it!! Loved that guy...favorite teacher ever...demanded a lot of you but made learning fun...

Had him for biology and AP Bio where over half the class got a "5" on the test(including me), which is a huge accomplishment for a college level class...

He was a great teacher, he was my track coach as well

St. Joe's boys all around.

:thumbsup:

Unfortunately the Canisius Game looks like it is going to be ugly. The Crusaders have one hell of team this year.

Edited by BRAWNDO

Winning cures all. If this guy plays well and they win, he'll be a poster boy for a great QB. If he fails, the bad attitude stuff will be the storyline.

Not so.

Even if they win, and even if they meet with success? His teammates know that he could have done more. Sure they won, but...the "but" is still there. It's about respect. If you are going to ask the rest of the team to put in the effort to play their best, but, refuse to give yours?

Just wait until they lose a few games in a row. Then that "but" comes out...big time.

Conversely? We are almost sure to lose a few games in a row. Does anybody think that the team will turn on EJ, because he isn't working hard enough?

Curious as to what a QB can learn from watching tape of a cornerback.

Plenty.

How physical is he at the LOS? Does he efectively take receivers out of their routes by jamming them or can he be beaten at the line because he gets over aggressive or just isn't effective at jamming receivers?

How does he react to pump fakes/double moves, back shoulder fades, etc? Does he bite or does he not take the bait?

How good of a tackler is he in open spaces-ie, on a 3rd and 4 play if he is in the flat, how confident do you that feel dumping off a pass to the RB will be able to pick up the first down if he is the player trying to make the stop?

Tendencies such as how he positions himself on a receivers. Does he play them straight up, shade them inside or outside, play off, play up, bump, etc...

How aggressive is he when the ball is in the air? Is he going to try and undercut the throw and go for the pick or is he going to sit back let the receiver catch the ball and come up and try and make the tackle?

How is he in jump ball situations? Can a tall WR win jump balls or do those end up being picked or knocked down most times?

What routes are most effective against him?

Does he struggle covering guys in motion?

Does he tip off what he is going to do in coverage before the snap?

How effective of a blitzer is he coming off the corner?

Tons of other things you can learn, its ridiculous for a pro athlete, especially a rookie in his first game who needs as much info as possible, that you wouldn't want to know this stuff or think its important...

A lot of folks here clamored for the Bills to draft Geno though. Maybe he will surprise us and actually look good lol.

It will be interesting to see how this board is going to be when the following results happen on Sunday.

Bills - W, Jets - L - Board - Glad Bills made the right choice in picking EJ ahead of Geno.

Bills - L, Jets - W - Board - I told you so....EJ sucked and will suck...They should have picked Geno. Jets will have the last laugh

Bills - L Jets - L - Board - This years QBs suck. We need to get the 1st pick next year for Bridgewater

Bills - W Jets W Board - I am glad the Bills got EJ and the Jets got Geno....Both are winners!

It will be interesting to see how this board is going to be when the following results happen on Sunday.

Bills - W, Jets - L - Board - Glad Bills made the right choice in picking EJ ahead of Geno.

Bills - L, Jets - W - Board - I told you so....EJ sucked and will suck...They should have picked Geno. Jets will have the last laugh

Bills - L Jets - L - Board - This years QBs suck. We need to get the 1st pick next year for Bridgewater

Bills - W Jets W Board - I am glad the Bills got EJ and the Jets got Geno....Both are winners!

Lol. That about sums it up.

Whatever happens, week one, I stick geno being an L

Anyone hear what Revis said about Geno? Wondering why Geno isn't studying him.

Revis' response: "I don't understand why [laughing] he didn't study me?" Revis said. "[Laughing more] Because I will be on the opposite side. But I don't know what their gameplan or their preparation is. And personally I don't know what Geno's preparation is but I would hope if you're playing against another opponent you should [laughing once more] study everybody on the opposing team.

"I'm studying him. [still laughing] Just to let him know, I'm studying him."

HAve to call BS on this. Ok to rip the guy because he is awful but what good does it do to watch tape of Revis as a NYJ? Different defense, different scheme, and coming of knee surgery he will be a different player.

Hope you ripped Stevie for not knowing who played safety for the Patriots???