You have to wonder about Sirius NFL radio

They get so much stuff about the Bills wrong, are they even close to being right about any other team?

Listening to Howard David and Amani Toomer this morning they were both laying into the Bills for starting Jeff Tuel. Apparently neither were aware that EJ Manuel was already practicing. Toomer says that Tuel got almost no reps in camp. We all know that Tuel got more reps than any Buffalo QB. In fact he's the only Bills QB to go through OTA's, mini-camps, training camp and pre-season healthy.

Now get this. Toomer goes on to say the Bills would be better off to sign Tim Tebow and have him start against the Pats!! Are they crazy, stupid, or just hate the Bills so much they want to see a clown show like that?

What player, a WR no less, would even think that grabbing someone off the street is better than an UDFA who learned the offense the entire off-season? Seriously. Didn't the Matt Leinert era teach us anything?

PTR

They get so much stuff about the Bills wrong, are they even close to being right about any other team?

Listening to Howard David and Amani Toomer this morning they were both laying into the Bills for starting Jeff Tuel. Apparently neither were aware that EJ Manuel was already practicing. Toomer says that Tuel got almost no reps in camp. We all know that Tuel got more reps than any Buffalo QB. In fact he's the only Bills QB to go through OTA's, mini-camps, training camp and pre-season healthy.

Now get this. Toomer goes on to say the Bills would be better off to sign Tim Tebow and have him start against the Pats!! Are they crazy, stupid, or just hate the Bills so much they want to see a clown show like that?

What player, a WR no less, would even think that grabbing someone off the street is better than an UDFA who learned the offense the entire off-season? Seriously. Didn't the Matt Leinert era teach us anything?

PTR

I miss those days.

PTR

Wow ! That right there is pretty bad. Uhh...Really bad.

Edited by jaybee

Toomer is dreadful on the Bills.

Ross Tucker does a great job with most every team, but does very well with the Bills. As a former player here he can talk about his experiences first hand. Gil Brandt is also very quick to praise when Buffalo given the chance. Pat Kirwan does a great job, very under appreciated on the national scene. Vic Carruci is good, too. Rich Gannon and Jim Miller can give some great insight.

PTR

You're judging the station based off of the 8AM Eastern Saturday Morning show? Really?

We are making history starting an UDFA rookie! Don't they know this.. Someone better tell Marrone. Bring in Tebow, LMAO what a waste.

EJ, EJ, EJ! Bammmmm week 1!

You're judging the station based off of the 8AM Eastern Saturday Morning show? Really?

Well they do suck, so i would say yes! 8am doesn't make spewing garbage OK!

Toomer is dreadful on the Bills.

Ross Tucker does a great job with most every team, but does very well with the Bills. As a former player here he can talk about his experiences first hand. Gil Brandt is also very quick to praise when Buffalo given the chance. Pat Kirwan does a great job, very under appreciated on the national scene. Vic Carruci is good, too. Rich Gannon and Jim Miller can give some great insight.

Agreed. Ross Tucker, Tim Ryan, Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller are all excellent and know what's going on with all the teams. Gannon I can't listen to anymore. Him and Adam Shein absolutely destroyed the Bills for trading away Lee Evans a few years ago. I can do without all the others too. Toomer is a tool.

Toomer is a homer for whatever the flavor of the month is. He has no real depth and knowledge into the league. I know he's just getting started but, come on man!! I have listened to Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan on Moving the Chains for years. Tim is leaving for Fox but, pat will stay. You just have to try and get through the BS of some peoples opinions. lets face it. The Bills are not high on many people lists for the Super Bowl. Just us Bills Faithful around here. Lets Go Buffalo!!

it's all about CONTENT...

all these TV and radio shows need CONTENT and they are in competition with each other for viewers & listeners.

it just doesn't matter who is arguing what, as long as fills air time.

kind of like a Fan Forum, some folks like to crazy talk , just to get a rise out of others.

Agreed. Ross Tucker, Tim Ryan, Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller are all excellent and know what's going on with all the teams. Gannon I can't listen to anymore. Him and Adam Shein absolutely destroyed the Bills for trading away Lee Evans a few years ago. I can do without all the others too. Toomer is a tool.

Gannon is not listenable when he is commentating. However, when he is talking X's and O's he is worth listening to. But, I love to hear him talk about QB's. He does very good at talking QB when he is not adding color.

thats everyone- national media opinions about the Bills- ......in reality "I dont know anything I've havent watched a Bills game in 15 years and have no idea who's on the team" but on the radio/TV "I'll pretend that I know what's going on".......Rome does it, ESPN does it, NFL Network does it, ESPN radio which is embarrassing does it as well....profootballtalk.com - has a better idea

thats everyone- national media opinions about the Bills- ......in reality "I dont know anything I've havent watched a Bills game in 15 years and have no idea who's on the team" but on the radio/TV "I'll pretend that I know what's going on".......Rome does it, ESPN does it, NFL Network does it, ESPN radio which is embarrassing does it as well....profootballtalk.com - has a better idea

Kirwan, Tucker and Brandt know what is going on in Buffalo. I have no doubt about it. Brandt knows the players in this league better then any other broadcaster IMO. Sure, he's not on Twitter with Schefter talking about this or that - but he knows the players.

These national guys have to spend time on all of the teams and it never allows them to get deeper than the surface. We have a much more intimate knowledge of the Bills and that's why we are here to discuss. I don't need someone to tell me that we should be concerned because Tuel didn't get a lot of reps in preseason. That just isn't true. I think about it like this: we know as much about other teams as these guys do but know the Bills 1,000,000,000 times better. I don't take anything they say too seriously; I choose to give ignorance a pass. This is the best place to get thoughts on the Bills.

I would have thought you would have listened to the rest of the station before passing judgment.

I do, but hearing that nonsense made me post. All I'm saying is if they don't know the Bills do they really know the NFL,or is half of what they say pulled out their colons?

PTR

Winning solves everything. Win and people begin to pay attention and study up on your team. Suck for 13 years and no one can be blamed for forgetting you have a franchise.

PTR

You make Tuel sound like a viable option. He isn't. It's pathetic that we are in a position like this. Dropping TJ was a phenomenal mistake.

Late hits with Polian is pretty good too, I am looking forward to a first on Sirius NFL, a show about one team, no huddle with Kelly, Reed and Tasker starting this week.

I guess the show is Wednesday but didn't see a time. Are we really the only team to have its own show on Sirius? Pretty damn cool if that's the case.

Edited by NobesBLO13

I guess the show is Wednesday but didn't see a time. Are we really the only team to have its own show on Sirius? Pretty damn cool if that's the case.

7pm and we are unless you consider the endless patriots talk.

ummm..

Maybe we arnt meant to take them so siriusly ??

it kyna sux when FB hasn't gotten started yet.

but Promo always ROX.

Tinfoil-covered cardboard means nothing. PAY NO ATTENTION to the QB behind the curtain!

ok, i'm scared too. but i have a secret vision:

the bills will face tons of adversity, early on... earn a decent draft pick, win their last few games, and rumble on into history!

a fellas gotta dream, right ??

~AS

PTR

I thought the Bills were not practicing until Sunday. Is there a link where OBD said he is running and throwing. Or are we talking about him throwing during warmups before the Lions game? Is that what is now considered practicing? Just thinking out loud here.

ummm..

Maybe we arnt meant to take them so siriusly ??

it kyna sux when FB hasn't gotten started yet.

but Promo always ROX.

Tinfoil-covered cardboard means nothing. PAY NO ATTENTION to the QB behind the curtain!

ok, i'm scared too. but i have a secret vision:

the bills will face tons of adversity, early on... earn a decent draft pick, win their last few games, and rumble on into history!

a fellas gotta dream, right ??

~AS

I like yur attitude brother.

But i still want to win every battle in front of me. I want the Bills to thinks the same way adversity be damned

and heck yes. a fellas gotta dream

news folks need to do what they need to do.

we know what the Bils are about

Edited by 3rdand12

You make Tuel sound like a viable option. He isn't. It's pathetic that we are in a position like this. Dropping TJ was a phenomenal mistake.

Maybe you missed the clusterfrag Thursday showing what happens when you grab a QB, exprienced or not, and expect him to learn the playbook in 4 days. I would take a Jeff Tuel who has practiced with the Bills since OTA's than almost any QB you can drag in now.

PTR

Well, it's Kelly, Reed and Tasker who will obviously talk a lot about the Bills, but it's not *really* a show about just the Bills. Still, not really anything else like it on the channel. It's Wednesday nights 7-8pm; be sure to check it out then because it doesn't get carried on On Demand and we have no scheduled replays.

Here's a link to the schedule page:

http://www.siriusxm.com/siriusxmnflradio/weeklyschedule

I would encourage the OP to listen to a few more shows on the channel. As others have pointed out, there's a slew of hosts with deep knowledge of the team.

I do, but hearing that nonsense made me post. All I'm saying is if they don't know the Bills do they really know the NFL,or is half of what they say pulled out their colons?

PTR

Then you should know most of the hosts know the bills well, and this topic was a complete overreaction.