Who are this board's Polite & Rude guys ?

While reading recent threads, I started thinking about the different personalities on this board. There are a few good guys who discuss patiently, put their thoughts down succinctly . Then there are others who are prone to call someone an idiot at the first opportunity and in general try to ram their opinion down others' throats. They are not wrong or dumb, but have a umm... different way of expressing themselves.

Of the top of my head ....

The polite:

Cowgirl Fan

NoSaint

San Jose Bills Fan (except when provoked by WEO)

Rude (disclaimer: I don't hate you or think you are bad people):

DC Tom

Chef Jim (when cut off by a bicyclist)

John Cocktosten

So, what are your opinions ?

While reading recent threads, I started thinking about the different personalities on this board. There are a few good guys who discuss patiently, put their thoughts down succinctly . Then there are others who are prone to call someone an idiot at the first opportunity and in general try to ram their opinion down others' throats. They are not wrong or dumb, but have a umm... different way of expressing themselves.

The polite:

Cowgirl Fan

NoSaint

DC Tom

John Cocktosten

I'm not rude. I'm cynical and sarcastic. You !@#$wit.

How'd you forget Millbank in the polite category?

Millbank was very impolite to me once.

(It was a misunderstanding.)

What kinda Sweet Dreams did she wish you then ?

I don't remember the exact quote, (I've been trying to block it out), but it went something like, "I hope you toss and turn all night, get no quality sleep, then wake up with bleeding hemorrhoids."

EDIT: Adding that it was all because she was in a bad mood after Millbank called her a lap dancer.

Edited by Gugny

I don't remember the exact quote, (I've been trying to block it out), but it went something like, "I hope you toss and turn all night, get no quality sleep, then wake up with bleeding hemorrhoids."

EDIT: Adding that it was all because she was in a bad mood after Millbank called her a lap dancer.

LoL... You sure it wasn't a LapLANDER. Big difference. :-)

The polite:

Cowgirl Fan

NoSaint

DC Tom

John Cocktosten

Thant's a clown question bro........

-OC has ruffled a few feathers. Some of his early exchanges with Juror#8 were classic in my mind. Both have game....both funny...both can be very snarky. I'd group them as a result.

-3rdnlng has ripped a few backsides....

-Chef Jim gets fired up occasionally.

-Tom has to take the cake though. Unmitigated curmudgeon....but funny/smart as hell.

Wait....is this a list of rude guys or a list of people that make me laugh?

-OC has ruffled a few feathers. Some of his early exchanges with Juror#8 were classic in my mind. Both have game....both funny...both can be very snarky. I'd group them as a result.

-3rdnlng has ripped a few backsides....

-Chef Jim gets fired up occasionally.

-Tom has to take the cake though. Unmitigated curmudgeon....but funny/smart as hell.

Wait....is this a list of rude guys or a list of people that make me laugh?

I am too mitigated.

Not a lot, I'll admit...

Telling people they're idiots is actually providing a valuable service to the board. So DC Tom is actually being polite to the rest of us.

That's what I say. I'm not insulting people, I'm trying to help them overcome their own personal limitations. Look at meazza...he went from asking breathtakingly stupid questions like "Does sound travel faster than light in space?" to...well, to not asking breathtakingly stupid question, partly because of my constructive feedback.

(Yes, constructive. Just because it's brutal and bludgeoning doesn't mean it's not constructive.)

It's a target rich environment.

And the moderators tie my hands, and don't let me provide the valuable feedback that people need. It's excruciating. It's like being a guard at Abu Ghraib and being told I can't abuse the prisoners...

...wait, what was my point?

[grabs chair and popcorn and waits to see this thread explode when people get pissed off being called rude]

Pissed off? Nah, as soon as I saw the thread title I knew that I'd be on the rude list. I'm just surprised the list was so short.

BTW it's not rude. It's just that being superior has it's challenges.

It's just that being superior has it's challenges.

Only if you give a ****.

StuckInCincy would be up there... Whatever happened to him? Anybody know if he is okay?

Of course he's not okay. He's stuck in Cincy.