Bills preseason games this year-What are you looking forward to seeing

I can not remember the last time I have been this excited to watch Bills preseason games (if ever) but with all the new changes I can't wait.

My question to you all is what are you all looking forward to observing during the preseason games?

For me obviously QB but I am eager to see our WR's and I hope we get a look at our new kicker Hopkins

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

Call me crazy, but I really enjoy pre-season games. I won't necessarily watch every nationally televised game (though I normally watch all the Cowboys pre-season games) but, to me, it is fun watching your own teams' games...it all adds to the fule for the season....you get to see, for the first time, normally, guys that you haven't seen before (can't wait to see the current rookies in action!), but guys you migt not see the rest of the season..but you can clamor for them during the season based on what you think you saw.

I suppose another reason why I enjoy the pre-season games, it is a chance to see your team (albeit watered down) wearing your team colors, and the results don't really matter. Growing up in a big family, where money was tight, going to that first home pre-season game every summer (my dad could get free tickets!) was a really big deal for me and my brother...summer was marked by a trip to Crystal Beach and a Bills pre-season game...if I was really lucky, would get to see a regular season game too, but that wasn't automatic.

What will be so great (or maybe just so interesting) about this pre-season is that, for the first time in a long time, most every major part of the team is new.. right now, they are all just names (EJ, Kiko, Da'Rick, Marquise...great names!) waiting for a personality. I am really jonsed about what I percieve to be a much improved defense. I realize though, pre-season isn't likely to tell me much as far as schematics go. I am not only curious to see Kiko play, but also to see what kind of energy a healthy Marcell Dareus, Mario Williams and Mark Anderson can bring to the table. Even if it is only pre-season, I want to see a little spark from these guys on defense. I want to see some indication that they are excited about what they migh be able to do this coming season...

Manuel and our new defensive scheme. Pettine will prove to be a huuuuuge addition. So huge, this will likely be his only season here in buffalo

This is where I am as well, though I'm also interested in seeing what Kolb can do with our Offense, good or bad.

If I had to pick one guy I'm most excited to see play for us, it'd be Kiko. I am VERY intrigued by this draft pick, maybe even moreso than Manuel, who I wanted even at 8.

Call me crazy, but I really enjoy pre-season games. I won't necessarily watch every nationally televised game (though I normally watch all the Cowboys pre-season games) but, to me, it is fun watching your own teams' games...it all adds to the fule for the season....you get to see, for the first time, normally, guys that you haven't seen before (can't wait to see the current rookies in action!), but guys you migt not see the rest of the season..but you can clamor for them during the season based on what you think you saw.

I suppose another reason why I enjoy the pre-season games, it is a chance to see your team (albeit watered down) wearing your team colors, and the results don't really matter. Growing up in a big family, where money was tight, going to that first home pre-season game every summer (my dad could get free tickets!) was a really big deal for me and my brother...summer was marked by a trip to Crystal Beach and a Bills pre-season game...if I was really lucky, would get to see a regular season game too, but that wasn't automatic.

What will be so great (or maybe just so interesting) about this pre-season is that, for the first time in a long time, most every major part of the team is new.. right now, they are all just names (EJ, Kiko, Da'Rick, Marquise...great names!) waiting for a personality. I am really jonsed about what I percieve to be a much improved defense. I realize though, pre-season isn't likely to tell me much as far as schematics go. I am not only curious to see Kiko play, but also to see what kind of energy a healthy Marcell Dareus, Mario Williams and Mark Anderson can bring to the table. Even if it is only pre-season, I want to see a little spark from these guys on defense. I want to see some indication that they are excited about what they migh be able to do this coming season...

Neat story ! You're not the only one either. I enjoy pre-season a lot. Its a rare opportunity to watch what players have got....ones you haven't seen play and every once in a while there is a nice surprise. I'll watch every one of them....or listen on the radio if blacked out. One position I'll be watching very closely is the linebacker position. And...the defense as a whole. Of course the QB position, the O-line and new WR's will be fun to watch as well. I also hope to see a lot of emotion with the coaching staff. Guys getting in the ref's face on bad calls. Coaching players on the fly..etc. Man I cant wait !!

We probably still wont really know what the team looks like. Mostly vanilla schemes during the pre-season but it'll still be worth watching IMO. GO BUFFALO !!

JB

Manuel and our new defensive scheme. Pettine will prove to be a huuuuuge addition. So huge, this will likely be his only season here in buffalo

if you expect he does that well, then we will most likely be in the playoffs.

He may do well, but this is his first season as DC without Rex Ryan looking over his shoulder. Even with a superbowl season like performance, I doubt he is yet a head coaching candidate. He cannot leave for a lateral, unless his contract is up. I am guessing he got more than one year when doing his initial contract.

With a QB duel likely to be featured in the games, along with all new philosophy's, it's likely we'll show much more than any team typically shows, even after the 'scrubs' take over. The most important aspect that can't be forgotten through, is our opening day opponent. While hope springs eternal, every trick in the book is needed to beat our perennial Division champ.

I actually hope all the real job fighting is done in camp and we use Chan's play book in pre-season games. Why? Cuz they don't count!

Bills are loaded with new talent this season. Three new WRs plus the development of T.J. Graham... The QB competition. The O-line changes now that Levetre is no longer a Bill. The new offensive game plans... There is alot also to look forward to on Defense with our new DC... who will be head and shoulders better than last years DC. Then there is Alfonso to follow. He will be a exciting defensive player for the Bills... Lots of new faces on the team. But I still say.. If E.J. Emanuel gets off to a good start, he could carry this team to the playoffs... Nix has build a team around a QB for the last three years. Now they finally have what looks to be a good one in Emanuel... Lets hope so anyway...

He may do well, but this is his first season as DC without Rex Ryan looking over his shoulder. Even with a superbowl season like performance, I doubt he is yet a head coaching candidate. He cannot leave for a lateral, unless his contract is up. I am guessing he got more than one year when doing his initial contract.

I hope you're right. I think if we end up with a top 10 D, he's gonna get an offer. Time will tell and I pray he's with us a few years, but I think our D will get him hired as a HC.

Same here but I also hope they don't show much of what they have planned this year. Play a little possum, I say.

PTR

What aren't I looking forward to seeing? Geez, everything is new. The most obvious thing is the QB, but I'm so interested in watching what Pettine does with this defense. I want to see all of the new WRs in action. I want to see Marrone's sideline demeanor and how he manages a game.

What aren't I looking forward to seeing? Geez, everything is new. The most obvious thing is the QB, but I'm so interested in watching what Pettine does with this defense. I want to see all of the new WRs in action. I want to see Marrone's sideline demeanor and how he manages a game.

i will second this. and add, when have you ever been excited to see the kicking battles of a preseason? sweet, merciful crap am i wound!

Progress, real solid progress on defense. Particularly interested in the safeties and LBs. Offensively I want to see a consistent ability to move the ball. I don't care who the QB ends up being, play the one who gives us the best chance to win. most interested in the WRs. Someone or sometwo have to step up and make a contribution from the start. Can our O-line protect the QB? Does the pace of the offense put the defense at a disadvantage? 3 & outs will kill us if they happen with any regularity.

I can not remember the last time I have been this excited to watch Bills preseason games (if ever) but with all the new changes I can't wait.

My question to you all is what are you all looking forward to observing during the preseason games?

For me obviously QB but I am eager to see our WR's and I hope we get a look at our new kicker Hopkins

CBF

Oh man this years camp in gonna be good for many reasons.

QB battle ofcourse

How are they gonna use Spiller...along with that how the plan to use Freddie as well.

LG....position wide open

LB.. really ,really want to see if Kiko can handle the pro game and to see if Manny Lawson are as good as I think .

FS.. want to see if Byrd report or holds out. This maybe the most important thing right now. And to see how A. Williams does at FS.

SS Who is gonna start between Searcy and Duke Williams

CB Who gonna start opposite Gilmore? I don't think McKelvin has it locked down, I think he has some comp there.

WR Want to see Woods bigtime

Lastly I cant wait to see what DC Petine has up his sleeve but I doubt we will see all of it but you know they gotta test it at some point.

Kinda wish the Bills were on HBO this year because its gonna be a very interesting Camp.

He would REALLY have to stand out above all the familiar names that owners are more willing to take a chance on. This coupled with his age, experience and the few openings available, make him a long shot at best. He'll have a few years here.

Bills are loaded with new talent this season. Three new WRs plus the development of T.J. Graham... The QB competition. The O-line changes now that Levetre is no longer a Bill. The new offensive game plans... There is alot also to look forward to on Defense with our new DC... who will be head and shoulders better than last years DC. Then there is Alfonso to follow. He will be a exciting defensive player for the Bills... Lots of new faces on the team. But I still say.. If E.J. Emanuel gets off to a good start, he could carry this team to the playoffs... Nix has build a team around a QB for the last three years. Now they finally have what looks to be a good one in Emanuel... Lets hope so anyway...

I agree, but who is this Emanuel you speak of?

I'm looking forward to the QB battle mostly. I'm also looking forward to what the new WRs can do. Of course also what the defense does. Should also be fun to see what this new kicker can do.

I don't really expect to see much of what we're going to do once the real games start. I expect our coaches to hold back the good stuff on O and D until the season starts.

Execution on whatever we run. You just never know about schemes because they can change from pre-season to regular season (coaches may not want to show their hand during the pre-season). I just want to see us execute well on whatever we do run during the pre-season. It could be a confidence boost for them to do well heading into the regular season.

seems to me the most ijmportant thing to see will be Manuel's development. I don't think Kolb is going to get all that much opportunity unless Manuel proves to be a bust. Where we go this year depends on this guy getting into the NFL game early and taking us places.I guess the defensive line coming into their own is another area of interest as well. No reason they shouldn't be the best line in the NFL and its time to show it.

I want to see if Marrone puts a lipper in during games. And if so, how big is the wad.

Well that and how exactly Pettine lines up the D. I'm as fascinated by what some of these formations are going to look like as I am by how the D will actually perform.

Edited by biglukes

I dont get to worked up over preseason games, jacksonville, san diego, tennessee all at 3-1 last year while New England siting at 1-3. They mean nothing and we all over react to them. Save it for the regular season I want to see an offense that opponents fear and a defense opponents fear