Da'Rick Rogers - WR - UDFA

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We now have 2 WR's with world class speed and a QB who can actually hit them in stride on a go route. That, my friends, is a beautiful thing :thumbsup:

Defenses will no longer be able to stack the box against this offense. Glad I kept CJ Spiller in my keeper league because he's going to have one hell of a season.

Said the same thing in the other thread. Get someone to take him under their wing and help him mature and he could be this years Burfict

Stevie seems like hed be a great one to take a problem kid and show him the path. I am frankly ok the bills have departed from a boys scouts only club. Part of the coaches job is to turn these boys into their kind of men.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

People were mad about losing Donald Jones? I think,at worst, we were worried about depth. I still think they may have been hasty with Nelson, but now depth doesn't seem to be a problem. For once.

If Nelson had been picked up by team other than the Browns, who are desperate for wide receivers, I might agree with you that it was a mistake by the Bills. But I doubt it was hasty, since they had a chance to evaluate before letting him go. And I think he just wasn't the kind of guy that the new coaches wanted, while the injury also probably worried them.

Edited by Doc

How does the process for signing UDFAs work? Was there any indication that teams were fighting over signing Rogers? The Bills can't be the only team to recognize his talent and be willing to deal with his off-field issues. I'm just curious about the mechanics of how he ended up with us. Thanks.

How does the process for signing UDFAs work? Was there any indication that teams were fighting over signing Rogers? The Bills can't be the only team to recognize his talent and be willing to deal with his off-field issues. I'm just curious about the mechanics of how he ended up with us. Thanks.

Brandon was quoted as saying that the UDFA process is like "Wall Street trading" yesterday. So I am sure there is a lot of negotiations and recruiting going on behind the scenes.

Brandon was quoted as saying that the UDFA process is like "Wall Street trading" yesterday. So I am sure there is a lot of negotiations and recruiting going on behind the scenes.

The madness starts before the draft ends with calls to the agents. The Bills were smart to get Rogers in to OBD for a pre-draft visit.

I have no issues at all with the pickup and seems like the guy has a ton of talent, but are we getting a little ahead of ourselves saying this guy is the next big thing and a day-one starter? People with character issues get drafted all the time, but this guy had 32 teams pass on him x 7 rounds (including the Bills passing on him 8 times). So if he's such an amazing talent, why wasn't he taken?

It can't *just* be character because thugs, idiots and potheads get drafted all the time in this league...

Assuming Da'Rick (I like writing that) turns out to be something, I can't see both TJ and Goodwin making this team. Maybe keep TJ and place Goodwin on the PS. And the Easley experiment is probably over too.

Thrid rounder and PS... lol He'd be snatched right up.

Must've been a wreck in interviews and such....

Still as a 7th/UDFA I'd be ok with a shot. Don't think we carry 3 rookie WRs but he's had success against top sec corners that are now top nfl corners

Da-Wreck in the interview was his twin brother.

Wow- this regime seems different. With Rogers we're going to have at least 3-4 studs out there. I loved 2nd round pick, and Rogers might even be the third over our speedsters. Can you imagine if this tight end pick ends up being the athletic star like the studs at NE.

I finally feel really good after a draft.

Also, I like that when the Bills make a move that TBD likes it was Whaley and when it's something they don't like, it was Nix.

I have noticed that as well. Make no mistake, Buddy is in charge.