Damond Talbot's Buffalo Bills Mock Draft 2.0

Damond Talbot

After listening to the pre draft luncheon, I came away just like the rest of you here on the message board. It is down to 2 guys in the first round (Nassib and Barkley). I really don't know which one will be the guy. I told you all before I know EJ is in their top three, and I don't believe Geno is the guy either. I am sure that our head coach has seen enough of Geno that makes him turn cheek on Geno. Here is my second Mock Draft Buffalo Bills style, what do you guys think? Please let me know

8th Pick - Buffalo will try to trade out but if they can't they don't pass on Matt Barkley.

I believe that Barkley is the pick. Buddy is pretty straight forward, he doesn't lie too much. He has said since Chan was here that he wanted a franchise quarterback. He even said before the season ended that this is the year you trade up to get your guy if you need too. With that being said I think they had their minds on one guy from the get go. That is Matt Barkley.

Doug Marrone said last year after their game with USC that he wishes Matt Barkley had went pro, and then went on to say that Barkley was the top QB along with Luck. This came from his own mouth, after Barkley lit them up for 378 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Not only that, Stevie was at the Hockey game with Barkley in Cali. They are already getting a bond with one another, because that is the future Kelly to Reed.

Both Buddy and Whaley defended the heck out of taking a QB at 8. They said they feel that there were a couple franchise guys in this draft that can get the job done. Barkley is one of those guys. They gushed about him, they defended him, they compared him to Joe Montana, and finished up their speech about him saying last year he was their number one guy. Why would that change? It doesn't, if you like what you seen a year ago that doesn't change. He would be a huge asset in the West Coast system, and it is obvious we are going to that system.

With the second round pick Buffalo takes Robert Woods, Barkley's favorite target at USC. He is by far the best wide out in this draft, and has more upside that Patterson, Hopkins and others. Woods is a guy that you can insert in the system right now and he will pick it up. The kid is smart, he scored a 23 on his wonderlic and has looked very good. He is a good kid and is a perfect fit for the Bills system.

With the third Round pick Buffalo selects Shamarko Thomas Safety from Syracuse. He is a Marrone guy and will fit the Pettine system well, he reminds me a lot of Laron Landry who is not afraid to lay the wood. Pettine always has good safeties, and this is a good back up plan in case Byrd is a long term hold out. I was going to give the Bills Pugh here but he was taken right before they picked.

In the fourth round Buffalo selects Ja'Gared Davis OLB, SMU. He is a good player who has a similar skill set to Nigel Bradham. He is a very solid player. I love his motor. Bills are moving Arthur Moats to inside again from what I am hearing, and if that is the case they need another outside guy. I see Davis coming in and lighting up the preseason to move up the depth charts.

In the fifth round Buffalo selects TE Ryan Griffin of UConn, the good pass catching tight end will come in and help Barkley and company move the chains. Griffin is a sound tight end, and could be a huge steal in this years draft.

In the sixth round Buffalo selects Zach Rogers WR from Tennessee, this kid will be the steal of the draft. Rogers is a solid player who if can stay healthy will be a huge asset to the Bills organization. He will come in and take over the role like David Nelson. He has similar styles but will need to stay healthy first.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Bills would entertain trading back but not as far back as some folks suggest. They won't risk losing Nassib who I believe they will take with their 1st round pick. If I'm wrong on Nassib it's only the player not the position, I believe they take a QB with their first pick. They need every pick they have so I don't think they will pick say a LB with their first pick to either have to trade picks to get back up or roll the dice that the QB of choice is there in the second.

I can't remember who posted yesterday something to the effect "They can't continue worrying about being wrong on a QB. It's time to pick one and let's run with it"

I agree triple threat, when you have a chance to get your franchise qb, you take him. Don't worry about it. Ryan Tannehill looked ok, so screw it go with your gut. You have two guys on the bench that can start right now and have started. Go for it

DT - Good post and I agree with your analysis on Barkley. Would Marrone take a QB who kicked is butt or one he could figure out and beat?? Since OL and Austin are doubtful as the Bills didn't even meet with them, and Buddy tipped his hand on several occasions that he is taking a QB, I also think Barkley is the guy with Manuel on deck.

Woods fits as well.

I agree triple threat, when you have a chance to get your franchise qb, you take him. Don't worry about it. Ryan Tannehill looked ok, so screw it go with your gut. You have two guys on the bench that can start right now and have started. Go for it

We are agreeing. Even if there was an RG3 and a Luck in this years draft at pick #8 with that many teams ahead of us that need a QB or would most assuredly take one to get a guy like them, we wouldn't have a shot. Unless we were willing to mortgage any opportunity to build other positions through the draft for several years. So we would be in a position to choose from the real good QB's anyway.

A well thought out OP. I like a lot of what you say, but I wonder if the fact we didn't bring Woods in for a visit is an indication we're higher on Ryan Swope and Justin Hunter.

I hope that you're misinformed about Moats playing ILB. We need to just let the guy do what does best, rushing the QB off the edge. ILB is something we should be looking to draft at some point. Just my opinion

I think the Bills would entertain trading back but not as far back as some folks suggest. They won't risk losing Nassib who I believe they will take with their 1st round pick. If I'm wrong on Nassib it's only the player not the position, I believe they take a QB with their first pick. They need every pick they have so I don't think they will pick say a LB with their first pick to either have to trade picks to get back up or roll the dice that the QB of choice is there in the second.

I can't remember who posted yesterday something to the effect "They can't continue worrying about being wrong on a QB. It's time to pick one and let's run with it"

I know its the most recent report so everyone will react to it now, but I think trading back to 23 with Minnesota (allowing them to jump up and get Austin) would make sense. Here is my reasoning:

1. Buddy said there are 2-3 franchise type quarterbacks, and don't limit him to the 2-3, there could be more in this draft.
  2. Buddy usually stays pretty true to his board and I doubt he has Nassib or Barkley as a top 10 talent on his board. Think back to CJ Spiller, RB was not our biggest need, but he loved the talent.
  3. Buddy said he wants more picks.
  4. The value for this next group of QBs (Barkley, Nassib, Manuel) is around late first round, at 23 we would be ahead of all of the 2nd round picks for teams that need QBs, making it hard for them to move ahead of us.

I know a lot of people want us to trade back so I'm sure I'm not alone in this, and maybe I am being optimisitic, but the value chart says we could get Minnesota's 2nd and 3rd to move back to 23. Even if it was only a 2nd and a 4th I would probably do it.

A well thought out OP. I like a lot of what you say, but I wonder if the fact we didn't bring Woods in for a visit is an indication we're higher on Ryan Swope and Justin Hunter.

I hope that you're misinformed about Moats playing ILB. We need to just let the guy do what does best, rushing the QB off the edge. ILB is something we should be looking to draft at some point. Just my opinion

I thought I read somewhere on this site that woods has met with the bills 3-4 times. Is this correct info?

Kudos to the OP, very sensible scenario(s). I wasn't too amped for a QB at #8 but Barkley does seem mature and quite seasoned so I'm not against this pick at all. I want a QB as much as anyone and I don't care when or where we get one so I'll leave this in the hands of people who know a heck of a lot more than me. One last thing, if we do take a QB at the #8 slot then I hope that we stick with the theme and make this primarily an offensive draft so we can give this team and future franchise QB a true chance to succeed.

I thought I read somewhere on this site that woods has met with the bills 3-4 times. Is this correct info?

I think you're right about that. I was referring to the 30 players we brought to Orchard Park for official visits. If memory serves, our last three 1st round picks and our last two 2nd round picks were brought in for visits before their drafts. It wouldn't be shocking if we took Woods but I wonder if it's an indication they're leaning a different way. Here are the WRs we had in this year.

Russell Shepard- LSU

Ryan Swope- Texas A&M

Justin Hunter- Tennessee

Zach Rogers- Tennessee

Da'Rick Rogers- Tennessee Tech

Cordarrelle Patterson- Tennessee

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/04/for-the-record-buffalo-bills-conclude-their-30-pre-draft-visits.html

Edited by Big Bad Boone

After listening to the pre draft luncheon, I came away just like the rest of you here on the message board. It is down to 2 guys in the first round (Nassib and Barkley). I really don't know which one will be the guy. I told you all before I know EJ is in their top three, and I don't believe Geno is the guy either. I am sure that our head coach has seen enough of Geno that makes him turn cheek on Geno. Here is my second Mock Draft Buffalo Bills style, what do you guys think? Please let me know

8th Pick - Buffalo will try to trade out but if they can't they don't pass on Matt Barkley.

I believe that Barkley is the pick. Buddy is pretty straight forward, he doesn't lie too much. He has said since Chan was here that he wanted a franchise quarterback. He even said before the season ended that this is the year you trade up to get your guy if you need too. With that being said I think they had their minds on one guy from the get go. That is Matt Barkley.

Doug Marrone said last year after their game with USC that he wishes Matt Barkley had went pro, and then went on to say that Barkley was the top QB along with Luck. This came from his own mouth, after Barkley lit them up for 378 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Not only that, Stevie was at the Hockey game with Barkley in Cali. They are already getting a bond with one another, because that is the future Kelly to Reed.

Both Buddy and Whaley defended the heck out of taking a QB at 8. They said they feel that there were a couple franchise guys in this draft that can get the job done. Barkley is one of those guys. They gushed about him, they defended him, they compared him to Joe Montana, and finished up their speech about him saying last year he was their number one guy. Why would that change? It doesn't, if you like what you seen a year ago that doesn't change. He would be a huge asset in the West Coast system, and it is obvious we are going to that system.

With the second round pick Buffalo takes Robert Woods, Barkley's favorite target at USC. He is by far the best wide out in this draft, and has more upside that Patterson, Hopkins and others. Woods is a guy that you can insert in the system right now and he will pick it up. The kid is smart, he scored a 23 on his wonderlic and has looked very good. He is a good kid and is a perfect fit for the Bills system.

With the third Round pick Buffalo selects Shamarko Thomas Safety from Syracuse. He is a Marrone guy and will fit the Pettine system well, he reminds me a lot of Laron Landry who is not afraid to lay the wood. Pettine always has good safeties, and this is a good back up plan in case Byrd is a long term hold out. I was going to give the Bills Pugh here but he was taken right before they picked.

In the fourth round Buffalo selects Ja'Gared Davis OLB, SMU. He is a good player who has a similar skill set to Nigel Bradham. He is a very solid player. I love his motor. Bills are moving Arthur Moats to inside again from what I am hearing, and if that is the case they need another outside guy. I see Davis coming in and lighting up the preseason to move up the depth charts.

In the fifth round Buffalo selects TE Ryan Griffin of UConn, the good pass catching tight end will come in and help Barkley and company move the chains. Griffin is a sound tight end, and could be a huge steal in this years draft.

In the sixth round Buffalo selects Zach Rogers WR from Tennessee, this kid will be the steal of the draft. Rogers is a solid player who if can stay healthy will be a huge asset to the Bills organization. He will come in and take over the role like David Nelson. He has similar styles but will need to stay healthy first.

If we draft Barkley we are screwed!

Here's my problem with Barkley and Nassib, I don't see either one of them as any better then Jackson or Kolb. Both TJ and KK are average QBs -- they have their own unique strengths and weaknesses, but neither is head-and-shoulders above the other.

And Barkley and Nassib are just like them, both will be average NFL QBs, they have their good things, balanced out by their limitations. Neither one has the skills and/or athletic ability of last year's QB crop (Luck, RG3, Wilson). Nor do I think either one has much upside, what see is what you get. And in my opinion, what you see is very underwhelming. Both have some good attributes, but neither screams greatness, or potential greatness???

So I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I see only one QB in this draft with real star potential. There is one QB with a gun for an arm, with athleticism and foot speed, and with that "it" leadership factor: EJ Manuel.

Buddy, do what you can to get him! As for the others, if you can't get EJ, then take what's available in the 2nd if you think you need (although I would wait to the 3rd or later; that is, if you really feel you need a developmental QB that badly), but neither of these two is a noticeable upgrade in what you already have (or had in Ftiz), so why waste a high pic on them?

Edited by CSBill

With the second round pick Buffalo takes Robert Woods, Barkley's favorite target at USC.

With the third Round pick Buffalo selects Shamarko Thomas Safety from Syracuse.

In the fourth round Buffalo selects Ja'Gared Davis OLB, SMU.

In the fifth round Buffalo selects TE Ryan Griffin of UConn.

In the sixth round Buffalo selects Zach Rogers WR from Tennessee.

I can't sy that I don't like it...however, I think there are better picks to be had.

Though Woods would make a lot of sense, I don't see him as being "the best WR in this draft..." Not saying I don't think he'll be a good NFL WR, I just think that he's interchangeable with Hunter. Hunter will have to get over his case of the droppsies from last year, but his combo of size, speed and athleticism is hard to come by, and hard to pass up...if he makes it out of Rd. 1.

Thomas @ SS = missile attack...love the kid, love the pick! (maybe a round early, though)

I believe we need an ILB > OLB; however, the top 4 are gone by this round, so we may have to play a little with the order. Minter (LSU) won't make it out of round 1...Teo, on the other hand will, but I think he's got a BIG ? on whether or not he'll be anything more than another Pozluzny (sp). Jon Bostic, FL. is my guy...like Thomas, he's a missile in the middle that fires into holes and lays some wood! Much more of a "heady" player than given credit for and has an old school demeanor...personally, I think he becomes a top ILB in the NFL sooner than later. I put him in Rd. 3, if he lasts and Thomas in 4...we miss on Thomas and there's always Sanders Commings, GA. He's listed as a CB, but he fits SS in the NFL...huge DB with a ton of range (MLB draft, AZ Diamond Backs, as an outfielder).

I think you can bump Griffin to the 6th, though I like his skill set and size. But, in the 5th, I'd like to take a shot at Josh Boyd, DT, Miss St. Animal...strong like bull (russian accent). Not just a space eater, he attacks, has a high motor, and make plays outside the tackles. Again, he may not last this long as one of the DL guru's won't be able to get past his higher than average effort and convince a GM to scoop him up early day 3.
Edited by Armchair GM

I thought about the "no predraft visit" thing. One factor might be, if they're set on Barkley and think they can get him, he's there predraft visit on Woods, in effect. Or they might like all of them.

I am concerned about Buddy talking so much about a "deep draft at WR" that they intend to wait until the 4th or 5th for WR. I like SJ, but I think we need a difference maker at the position, an AJ Green who can somehow magnetically attract any ball that comes within 3 feet of his hands.

I agree that Moats is not an ILB and we need to bring in a quality LB

I know its the most recent report so everyone will react to it now, but I think trading back to 23 with Minnesota (allowing them to jump up and get Austin) would make sense. Here is my reasoning:

1. Buddy said there are 2-3 franchise type quarterbacks, and don't limit him to the 2-3, there could be more in this draft.

2. Buddy usually stays pretty true to his board and I doubt he has Nassib or Barkley as a top 10 talent on his board. Think back to CJ Spiller, RB was not our biggest need, but he loved the talent.

3. Buddy said he wants more picks.

4. The value for this next group of QBs (Barkley, Nassib, Manuel) is around late first round, at 23 we would be ahead of all of the 2nd round picks for teams that need QBs, making it hard for them to move ahead of us.

I know a lot of people want us to trade back so I'm sure I'm not alone in this, and maybe I am being optimisitic, but the value chart says we could get Minnesota's 2nd and 3rd to move back to 23. Even if it was only a 2nd and a 4th I would probably do it.

I agree with this post too. C'mon guys. Give me something to argue with, would ya....

So, let me get this straight. We're drafting Joe Montana, the best WR in the draft, a nasty safety, an OK LB, and two "steals of the draft." Now, I'm as optimistic as anyone, but man, those are some lofty expectations.

If we draft Barkley we are screwed!

Weren't you the guy who strenuously recommended that the Bills trade Mario Williams for Skelton?

Weren't you the guy who for almost a year strenuously recommended that the Bills draft Landry Jones with their first pick?

Based on your upside/down judgment I'm very comfortable with a Barkley selection.

Can anyone explain to me what people see in Ryan Nassib? I had no opinion before watching scads of footage where I see a guy with awful motion, mediocre arm, and shaky accuracy...basically Fitz, but at the college level. Not saying I'm a scout...just that I don't remotely get what experts are seeing, and any enlightenment would be great. Barkley, I get...not inspired, but can see where he could be a good add, if not a #8 pick, but Nassib has me shaking my head.

Sorry guys, but I don't buy that there are 3+ franchise QB's in a draft when top NFL scouts are stating they wouldn't touch one before the 20th pick.

The list of mess ups by Buddy Nix in his 3 year reign is almost endless as a GM, and yet so many fans here are still enamored with what "buddy says". On a team desperately seeking talent at so many positions simply look at the list of players that Nix hasn't found in 3 years of drafting, QB, pass rusher, top WR's, top LBers.

I can only hope to the good lord that Doug Marrone has some say in this years draft, and he evaluates what players the team needs and then selects them. That Said, I think Barkley / Nassib would be their right guy with the #2 pick. I'm still holding out hope that Marrone selects one of the top 3-4 OT's or top 3 OG's in the first round. This is the year for O linemen, not QB's!!! Even a WR with Tevon Auston, Cordarrelle Patterson in the first wouldn't be so bad.

DT, Your post was
exceptional
. Well thought out and clearly stated.The positions you listed correspond well with team needs.

I would really like to see a trade down because I don't see Barkley being coveted very highly, at least from the middle and upwards in the first round. Buddy Nix realizes that he missed opportunities in prior drafts to acquire a qb because he waited too long. So if the is going to error it is to pull the trigger sooner rather than later.

Wood would be a marvelous pickup. He is a versatile and polished receiver who can contribute right away. I don't think he will be there when our turn comes up in the second round. If not, there are still high qualilty receiving prospects to draw from.

Any QB selection is bound to be controversial this year.

This is a better and more sensible draft than many others I have seen, including those produced by the so called expert talking heads.

Good job.

PS I love Thomas too and would like for the Bills to draft him, but I also agree that he is a later third rounder than where we will be picking. I don't think he will be there in the fourth when our number is up.

If the Bearcat TE is there I think he may be our third round pick.

Can anyone explain to me what people see in Ryan Nassib? I had no opinion before watching scads of footage where I see a guy with awful motion, mediocre arm, and shaky accuracy...basically Fitz, but at the college level. Not saying I'm a scout...just that I don't remotely get what experts are seeing, and any enlightenment would be great. Barkley, I get...not inspired, but can see where he could be a good add, if not a #8 pick, but Nassib has me shaking my head.

Ryan Nassib has excellent throwing mechanics, a strong arm and a he thinks/reacts very well under pressure. Nassib goes through his progressions quickly and efficiently, has a good field of vision and reads defenses well. Ryan Nassib has shown good leadership abilities on and off the field and has a strong work ethic.Nassib is a gym rat and loves to practice/perfect his art.

Cuse WR's has more drops then any other football team at 20% yet Nassibs top two WR's still combined for over 2,000 yards and 15 TD's

You asked someone to explain to you what they see in Ryan Nassib,

I see a fella that looks alot like Tom Brady...

Edited by dog14787

i think they may have talked about Barkley so they'd have less to talk about other guys. sure, they like him ok... i never got the feeling of being THAT enamored. they gave him some love, but not necessarily the guy for us. and watch his film, most games are not impressive, short throws only completed.. INT's.. most games it's hard to find a completion over 9 yards. they are not going to doubt his arm strength publicly, no reason to. maybe i'm in denial, cuz the guy doesn't impress me at all, but i don't buy they love him that much. i hope not. t here are at least 4 guys i'd rather have over him. maybe 5.

Woods is a worse pick. if you believe Buddy on anything, it should be what type of player they are looking for and Woods doesn't fit the large catch radius, open when he's not open, profile. he has short arms, not a good jumper... he is NOT what they said they were looking for, and they've never lied about that, so i have no idea why he'd be their pick. kinda like you threw what they say out the window totally, but buy into it for Barkley.

Shamarko Thomas is ok, kinda of a lazy pick with the Marrone connection. i think a CB is much more likely, they need one more with the AW conversion to safety.

After that, not much point in assessing or critiquing... they will take BPA, could be anyone, and may not even make the team. Buddy's 5th-7th round picks have mostly been cut, or otherwise i complete waste.

Edited by Brainiac21

Interesting take... I appreciate the justification for your picks.

Too many other people are simply insisting they KNOW that a QB will be the first pick, and that the QB will be Nassib, with no other reasoning except "they know".

I'd LOVE Woods with our second pick...But I agree that he is possibly the best WR in this draft, which is why I would be extremely shocked if he lasted until our 2nd round pick. I think many teams could be interested him such as STL, HOU, PIT, IND, SF.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

DT, like I said on BBMB, as long as the Bills take Barkley they will be in good shape. I am not trying to come across as a troll or anything BUT everytime I see Barkley being mentioned I get excited at the possibility of Matt.

When your GM says in regards that you would have had to be one of the worst teams in the league to have a shot at Matt last year...

With Buffalo now having their shot. I can't see them passing.

I am also a die hard Islanders fan. I remember leading up to the draft when Tavares was being torn apart and listening to how Duchene would be the better overall player. With Tavares you were getting a Spezza type and with Duchene you were getting Sakic. John's game was being torn apart left and right because of all the tape on the kid and how high the bar was set.

Barkley in similar fashion has been highly regarded since being a freshmen in high school. Followed that up with some serious success at USC and despite this year being a "down year" the numbers were still pretty darn impressive.

I don't think they compared him to Joe Montana at all, they were talking about guys with weak arms. I don't think they gave a ringing endorsement of him at all when asked about his arm strength, they pussyfooted around it and then gave a VERY lukewarm answer, "We think he has a chance to be successful with his skill set" That to me said "He can't throw". I don't think Buddy meant that he was the Bills #1 guy last year, he was talking about pundits.

Q: What do you see out of Matt Barkley from USC as a top prospect?

Buddy Nix: I will briefly (talk about him) and then I will let Doug talk about him. We went to see all of those guys and had them in here. I have seen them a lot more than I have seen my wife in the last three months (jokingly). He is a brilliant guy; very smart. He picks it up in a hurry. He has played in a good league.

Doug Whaley: To add to the fact that he has been on the big stage for a while, he has produced. And I think the best thing about him is he knows how to get the ball to his playmakers. That is, I think, one of the best qualities he has and a good trait to have in a quarterback.

Q: Does Barkley have the arm to whip it through a Buffalo wind?

Doug Whaley: In our opinion, a guy that does not have an outright cannon can still get away with it with having timing, being able to anticipate throws, being able to have knowledge of defenses, when to throw to a spot and when to adjust his throwing motion to get the most out of what he has. A perfect example of that is Joe Montana. Joe Montana did not have the strongest of arms. He is still arguably one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history.

Q: You are saying Matt has all of that?

Doug Whaley: We believe he has a chance to be successful with his skill set.

Buddy Nix: You know a lot of people say that, I do not know who they are. A lot of it…that old boy a year ago was the number one guy. Then he got hurt and I do not know how much that affected him. Neither do a lot of people. They probably do not either.

Barkley makes several throws in this game that--IMO--demonstrate he has more than ample arm strength, and that he has the accuracy to put the ball where it needs to be down field.:

1:49

2:40

5:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B4SfjfEyBgc

You are absolutely nuts. The first and third throws are glaring exhibitions of lack of arm strength. They are VERY weak. Perfectly placed, and great throws overall. But not showing arm strength whatsoever. The middle one was a great pass and traveled 50 yards in the air. But also wasn't a strong arm throw, just a great pass. Every QB in the league can throw it 50 yards in the air.

Barkley makes several throws in this game that--IMO--demonstrate he has more than ample arm strength, and that he has the accuracy to put the ball where it needs to be down field.:

1:49

2:40

5:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B4SfjfEyBgc

You can pull up multiple videos of where Matt displays the arm to make all the throws. We had Losman whom I supporter big time and the kid had an absolute laser for an arm. However, the touch and accuracy were an issue. Matt can put the ball anywhere on the field.

I would rather have a guy who can read whats happening in front of him, digest the information quickly and put the ball where only the WR can get it.. Then a kid who just tries to over match people with his arm and forces throw after throw.

You are absolutely nuts. The first and third throws are glaring exhibitions of lack of arm strength. They are VERY weak. Perfectly placed, and great throws overall. But not showing arm strength whatsoever. The middle one was a great pass and traveled 50 yards in the air. But also wasn't a strong arm throw, just a great pass. Every QB in the league can throw it 50 yards in the air.

If he can put the ball where ONLY his guy can get it 20+ yards past the line of scrimmage, that, IMO, makes for more than ample arm strength. Doesn't have to be zinging BB's out there...

You can pull up multiple videos of where Matt displays the arm to make all the throws. We had Losman whom I supporter big time and the kid had an absolute laser for an arm. However, the touch and accuracy were an issue. Matt can put the ball anywhere on the field.

I would rather have a guy who can read whats happening in front of him, digest the information quickly and put the ball where only the WR can get it.. Then a kid who just tries to over match people with his arm and forces throw after throw.

Basically this, too. :thumbsup:

Mallet came into a game last year (his professional statline still makes me lol) and threw an 80 mph dart to a receiver running a seven yard cross pattern. Inevitably, it bounced off the receivers chest, flew 20 feet in the air, and was picked off. Sometimes arm "strength" aint what it's cracked out to be.

Edited by taC giB ehT

Nassib a arm is on a different level than fitz's arm.

If he can put the ball where ONLY his guy can get it 20+ yards past the line of scrimmage, that, IMO, makes for more than ample arm strength. Doesn't have to be zinging BB's out there...

Ummmm... that is what is commonly referred to as accuracy and/or ball placement. Nothing to do with arm strength. Pretty much everyone agrees he's very accurate on those throws. His problem is his velocity on those throws, and the clips you referred to showed a noticeable lack of velocity. They will work in college but not in the pros.

If Barkley had the arm of any of the other top ten QB prospects he'd be the consensus #1 overall and he is not even close to that. He may not even go in the first round, although I predict he will.

Edited by Kelly the Dog