FREE AGENCY THREAD

Sometimes getting cut humbles people. Also based on last year, it'd be nice to have some attitude on defense. I love Dansby for the Cards. He just got insane money from the Fins.

I think I'm with you on Dansby.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is he an a hole? He was just signed to big money 2 years ago and probably thought he would be there longer. I'd be pissed too. I love that attitude and I would totally love to see him here if the price was right.

And this goes to show why players should get every penny they can get because teams have 0 loyalty.

Yep

ask Wes Welker about loyalty. NFL is a cold cold business.

he's 32 years old, and with a new Coach and a new system he would probably be out of the league in 3 years. He has no chance of sticking and growing with the team

Its the NFL you can't plan too far ahead in the NFL. I wouldn't mind bringing in Dansby for a 1-2 year stop gap. We need to help forge an identity on the defensive side a veteran or two would go a long way to help growing the team.

And I'm supposed to get excited over a bunch of [slightly] inferior FA signings because the Bills have such a solid roster all they need is depth??

Well if you know how the salary cap works, you know we can't have a superstar at every position, especially if they are being added at a premium in FA. And compared to who we currently have starting at lb, WR and db, the Manny Lawsons and DHBs don't sound so bad. Ideally, you leave the acquisition of top caliber players to the draft (assuming you have a GM with a clue)...

I would rather have a complete roster of average to slightly above average players than 1-2 superstars and UDFA rejects everywhere else.

Edited by ProbablyWrong

They're trying to win now to help renovate an aging stadium.

In WNY you sign Mario, trust in Buddy, hope to win, inevitably lose, and still wait for the check despite the results.

Yes, and the overspending model, bringing in a gazillion new faces and molding them into a championship contender, regularly works.

That said, Miami fans are typically fickle, so they'll see all the dollar bills flying around and come out to watch the party.

Last season, Kolb saw pressure on an impossibly high 42.4 percent of drop backs, and was sacked on 29.1 percent all drop backs. This is the reason why he survived only 217 of them, per Pro Football Focus. To compare, Fitzpatrick saw pressure at a lower rate than Kolb was sacked, not quite 27 percent of drop backs.

This means absolutely nothing unless you compare, on an apples-to-apples basis, the passing plays for each team.

If Kolb's offense favored more intermediate-to-deep passing routes, he was at greater risk of taking a sack than Fitz, the dump off king...

:worthy::lol::doh:

I think the humor was lost on a few people.

A little over the top considering he was just put under.

:worthy::lol::doh:

I think the humor was lost on a few people.

A little over the top considering he was just put under.

How many team haven't signed anyone or have only signed one player? I bet it's more than people think

and how many of those teams have missed the playoffs for 13 straight years? Don't compare the Bills to other teams who haven't signed anyone. Having said that, I think there will be some signings soon. Could be they are negotiating with players now, No one saw the Lawson signing coming.

Thanks Tac; nice chart. The sky isn't falling, we're being prudent. Let the teams with huge cap space blow their wads on shiny new toys that rarely live up to their hype and pay; we'll come in shortly and pick up the slightly burnt Sears active wear at a discount.

Thanks Tac; nice chart. The sky isn't falling, we're being prudent. Let the teams with huge cap space blow their wads on shiny new toys that rarely live up to their hype and pay; we'll come in shortly and pick up the slightly burnt Sears active wear at a discount.

Except the slightly burnt Sears active wear never gets the chicks, unless they're also in slightly burnt Sears active wear, in which case we don't want them.

It's a no brainer IMO. We need quality Lbs. he's a quality LB. Pettine would find a way to use him.

I agree. If the price is right get him and James Harrison. Bring some nasty to the LB corp. Draft some younger guys as well. Win now and in the future.

Edited by RyanC883

PFT reporting the dolphins were able to spend so much because they structured essentially all first year pay as signing bonus. the grand total for this year against the cap 12m, the second year cap figure on those 5 or so guys - 43m.

thats not great long term cap management and im not sure they are in a position to go "all in" this year.

Not for one :censored: second!

If they drop flynn they'll be spending peanuts on qb play compared to the rest of the contenders. Gives them room to upgrade several positions from good to great. It's an extra 20m to play with. Spending an extra 2m on 10 positions adds up - or turn 4 average starters into 4 elite guys

If they drop flynn they'll be spending peanuts on qb play compared to the rest of the contenders. Gives them room to upgrade several positions from good to great. It's an extra 20m to play with. Spending an extra 2m on 10 positions adds up - or turn 4 average starters into 4 elite guys

That's a damn good point you're raising. I'll bet they're motivated to do just that.

Seahawks aren't playing around are they?

They seem to be making a lot of moves. But as good as their defense is I think that Russell Wilson will have a sophomore slump. The league will adjust to him and he will regress a bit. Outside of Luck I think all the rookie QB's (Kapernick included) will have sophomore slumps.

They seem to be making a lot of moves. But as good as their defense is I think that Russell Wilson will have a sophomore slump. The league will adjust to him and he will regress a bit. Outside of Luck I think all the rookie QB's (Kapernick included) will have sophomore slumps.

Based on what logic?

Based on what logic?

I would guess that the teams will defend them much better. Trending and reacting is cyclical.

More than one guru has suggested the read option will be accounted for soon enough.

I am no guru though. :thumbdown:

Edited by 3rdand12

I would guess that the teams will defend them much better. Trending and reacting is cyclical.

More than one guru has suggested the read option will be accounted for soon enough.

I am no guru though. :thumbdown:

If Kaepernick and Wilson never did read option, they both be superior QBs. Especially Wilson with his smarts, arm, ball skills, mobility, footwork, and accuracy. The guy has everything you'd want in a QB except height. I foresee no slump for him.

Kaepernick is not as good at reading defenses, his footwork needs improvement, and ball handling is below Wilson's, but absent the read option, he'd be very good because of his exceptional arm strength and very good accuracy. He'll improve on these other aspects with greater experience.

Gonna have to disagree with your premise.

If Kaepernick and Wilson never did read option, they both be superior QBs. Especially Wilson with his smarts, arm, ball skills, mobility, footwork, and accuracy. The guy has everything you'd want in a QB except height. I foresee no slump for him.

Kaepernick is not as good at reading defenses, his footwork needs improvement, and ball handling is below Wilson's, but absent the read option, he'd be very good because of his exceptional arm strength and very good accuracy. He'll improve on these other aspects with greater experience.

Gonna have to disagree with your premise.

fair enough.

it was a soft toss at best

Edited by 3rdand12