FREE AGENCY THREAD

If the Bills had Brady and made the playoffs each year, I would give them a pass too. The Pats have proven every year they don't need FAs to win. But, I guess the Bills lose either way.

that year they won their first superbowl, they had like 25 free agents that joined the roster. They pretty much built that team from free agency.

If by some magic they get a QB this year that turns out to be a franchise QB, we can be one of those teams that contends every year and all of this is moot. If we don't get the franchise QB, us being good is slim to almost possible depending on how well we grab other players. We need a QB, and only then can we afford to make the mistakes that not only we make, but most teams make. QB is what we need. And I am sure there is at least one in this draft that turns out to be a franchise player.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn it.... why did you have to remind me. I was much happier thinking that even though we didn't fill any holes yet, we at the very least didn't create more holes.

QB and OG are 2 nice new holes to fill. It's OK, they only traded away 1 pick (edited) for the chance to have Tarvaris stand on the sidelines. B-)

Don't confuse patience with ineptness.

Nobody, but NOBODY is harder on Magoo than me. But he has had prob his best day as a GM today. Cut remaining dead wood. Don't overreact in free agency. Maybe you guys are right and Whaley really IS in charge. It certainly feels different this off season.

That being said, they will probably suck this year, but at least they are not further setting themselves back with questionable cap investments.

QB and OG are 2 nice new holes to fill. It's OK, they only traded away 1 pick to move up and select TJ Graham. B-)

Hey, but at least that trade filled what we needed at receiver! oh, wait... we need receiver too, right? Well, at least we are set at Runningback until they trade fred for a 7th rounder and need to use our 2nd rounder to replace him!

Fair enough.

I see a lot of holes. Lets see how this FA period and draft unfolds.

Until then, I will label this entire franchise inept.

I hope they buck this trend......it's getting rather old.

One thing they actually do well is dig in the dumpster and find hidden gems (chandler, pears, ubrik). So this is actually their strong suit... the part they screw up bad is the part that comes up in april. The jury is still out on a lot of the players they drafted, but so far the ones they draft aren't pay off for the most part.

Nobody, but NOBODY is harder on Magoo than me. But he has had prob his best day as a GM today. Cut remaining dead wood. Don't overreact in free agency. Maybe you guys are right and Whaley really IS in charge. It certainly feels different this off season.

That being said, they will probably suck this year, but at least they are not further setting themselves back with questionable cap investments.

Thats a galdarned good opinion and probably fair assesment

Fair enough.

I see a lot of holes. Lets see how this FA period and draft unfolds.

Until then, I will label this entire franchise inept.

I hope they buck this trend......it's getting rather old.

I agree there's lots of holes (probably too many to fill in one year.....again) but I am relieved they aren't throwing 10mil/year at turds like Mike Wallace.

I know for a fact that the Bills aren't going to make any big noises in the FA market this year so I'm not set up for disappointment.

I agree there's lots of holes (probably too many to fill in one year.....again) but I am relieved they aren't throwing 10mil/year at turds like Mike Wallace.

I know for a fact that the Bills aren't going to make any big noises in the FA market this year so I'm not set up for disappointment.

Do you think they would take a run at Pitta?

Do you think they would take a run at Pitta?

I don't think they're doing anything until things settle down some.

But they know TE is an issue and want to address it. But I don't know if they have any interest in him in particular.

I get the sense they like Tyler Eifert and I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade down from #8 and consider him with a later first round pick

I don't think they're doing anything until things settle down some.

But they know TE is an issue and want to address it. But I don't know if they have any interest in him in particular.

I get the sense they like Tyler Eifert and I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade down from #8 and consider him with a later first round pick

That would be an interesting move. It isn't something I would push for, but if they did do that, it would have to be something like in the mid 20s they would trade down to I would think.... so They would probably get a lot in return for it.

I do agree with this, JPS. :thumbsup:

My earlier comment stems from the frustration of what's nearing a decade and a half of playoff-less football.

Come to think of it, I probably would have made the same comment had we busted out like Miami.

I've become quite cynical with any decisions this franchise makes these days. I now assume any decision is a bad one. :bag:

You're probably right. I hope their plan is sound.

GO BILLS!