FREE AGENCY THREAD

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Eagles getting busy. RT @caplannfl: NT Isaac Sopoaga agreed to terms with the Eagles. Source confirmed

Wheeler was a guy I really would have liked. Dolphins got a lot better today. Although Wheeler for Dansby may not really be an upgrade.

Different kinds of players though.

Would have loved Ellerbe or Wheeler. This hurts

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Dolphins get a stud WR and two starting LBs in one day...isn't that exactly what we need!!!????

The Dolphins already had a good D. They also have NO cbs. I'm happy that Nix has been patient.

Wheeler was a guy I really would have liked. Dolphins got a lot better today. Although Wheeler for Dansby may not really be an upgrade.

Different kinds of players though.

wheeler is replacing the aging burnett and Ellerbe is replacing the aging dansby. It's an upgrade

Damn... I gotta say... the money this class of FA is getting is ridiculous. Can't blame the bills for not being a player... especially after the Mario and Anderson debacle of one year ago. We can only hope that if they really do have in excess of $20 m in cap space, they figure out who their core is and lock em up before FA next year.

Don't confuse patience with ineptness.

I don't know. A lot of these deals so far don't really look worth it, with the exception being ellerbe. And that one is still a bit of a risk because it is based on such a small sample size.

The bills really needed QB, WR, and LB, and there really aren't that many of those positions out there this free agency. The best we can do is get some depth at defensive back, grave a WR or 2 that would be an upgrade over Jones/nelson, and bring in some QB competition. Even wallace wouldn't be a game changer if we brought him here. He is basically a slightly better lee evans and the only thing he is really good at is the deep ball. I would rather draft a couple decent WR prospects that can run better routes and can do more than just run fast. Wallace doesn't even really have good hands.

I don't know. A lot of these deals so far don't really look worth it, with the exception being ellerbe. And that one is still a bit of a risk because it is based on such a small sample size.

The bills really needed QB, WR, and LB, and there really aren't that many of those positions out there this free agency. The best we can do is get some depth at defensive back, grave a WR or 2 that would be an upgrade over Jones/nelson, and bring in some QB competition. Even wallace wouldn't be a game changer if we brought him here. He is basically a slightly better lee evans and the only thing he is really good at is the deep ball. I would rather draft a couple decent WR prospects that can run better routes and can do more than just run fast. Wallace doesn't even really have good hands.

Now they need a OG as well.

For what it's worth, the Pata haven't made any signings either and they stand to lose a very good tackle, a go-to receiver, and more. I think the Bills' start to the FA period has sucked but for the necessary release of Fitz, but there is time. And there will be good team-friendly deals in the game of musical chairs, to acquire players who aren't premier but are close to as good as the guys making big $.

For what it's worth, the Pata haven't made any signings either and they stand to lose a very good tackle, a go-to receiver, and more.

If the Bills had Brady and made the playoffs each year, I would give them a pass too. The Pats have proven every year they don't need FAs to win. But, I guess the Bills lose either way.

I'm surprised Rinehart didn't sign before F.A.; that's not to say he's necessarily a starter, but that was a deal that should have been done by now

It was suggested that F.O was waiting to see what the market would bare/bear for him.

Not sure if thats a good idea right now.