FREE AGENCY THREAD

From ESPN insider concerning Kevin Kolb:

Chris Sprow

Where the Bills turn at QB

"If and when he's released by the Cardinals, Kolb would be worth a close look for this combo-platter role. You don't expect to find stardom where the Cardinals didn't, but consider this: Last season, Kolb saw pressure on an impossibly high 42.4 percent of drop backs, and was sacked on 29.1 percent all drop backs. This is the reason why he survived only 217 of them, per Pro Football Focus. To compare, Fitzpatrick saw pressure at a lower rate than Kolb was sacked, not quite 27 percent of drop backs. The fact is nobody had a chance to succeed at QB for Arizona early in 2012 as they they tried to extinguish the tire fire up front. Kolb is a good option for the competition

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He might be the kind of A-hole who sits on the market a while.....

http://espn.go.com/b...olphins-release

man....that's a lot of 1s.

Why is he an a hole? He was just signed to big money 2 years ago and probably thought he would be there longer. I'd be pissed too. I love that attitude and I would totally love to see him here if the price was right.

And this goes to show why players should get every penny they can get because teams have 0 loyalty.

Why is anyone too expensive? Most of the people on this board worry about the dollars like they are coming out of your own pocket. If we want a player, we need to get him. Does it make you feel better when we get someone on the cheap? Starting CB's are not cheap anymore. NFL starters period, are not cheap. Lets hope we sign Smith or anyone else who is good for that matter.

Because it kills a team when you over pay too many players. It isnt like the bills can spend as much as they want. If they overspend on too many players, that leaves less money for other positions. There is a thing called a cap limit, ya know.

Why is he an a hole? He was just signed to big money 2 years ago and probably thought he would be there longer. I'd be pissed too. I love that attitude and I would totally love to see him here if the price was right.

And this goes to show why players should get every penny they can get because teams have 0 loyalty.

I hear you. And Dansby certainly would be better than the gaping void we have there now. I'm just suggesting based on a couple of readings that he sounds a bit challenging in the locker room.

i assume that he meant the publicly criticizing the new coach before the first game of the season. and speaking out during the season after being asked to hush up.

doesnt mean i wouldnt like a good player though, just my interpretation of his comment

Edited by NoSaint

I hear you. And Dansby certainly would be better than the gaping void we have there now. I'm just suggesting based on a couple of readings that he sounds a bit challenging in the locker room.

Sometimes getting cut humbles people. Also based on last year, it'd be nice to have some attitude on defense. I love Dansby for the Cards. He just got insane money from the Fins.

That's more what I was getting at...

Is there strategy to get razor close to the cap now, cut for casualties later?

I just can't wrap my head around their plan being "long term."

Your alter ego is in full effect with the name, avatar, etc. :thumbsup:

Ellerbe didn't start the whole season.

Those stats, taken in a vacuum, would suggest that the exchange was practically tit for tat.

With the number of needs on this defense I would take both Burnett and Dansby for two to three years. That being said I would rather have Ellerbe and Wheeler

I think the bills make a killing in a few weeks, landing a bunch of slightly inferior (but still solid) players that were leftover after everyone's caps are eaten up by their big signings.

And I'm supposed to get excited over a bunch of [slightly] inferior FA signings because the Bills have such a solid roster all they need is depth??

I think the bills make a killing in a few weeks, landing a bunch of slightly inferior (but still solid) players that were leftover after everyone's caps are eaten up by their big signings.

+1

I hope the Bills aren't attempting to build a team to win to coincide with a new stadium! It will be at least another 10 years before any chance at a new stadium!

They're trying to win now to help renovate an aging stadium.

In WNY you sign Mario, trust in Buddy, hope to win, inevitably lose, and still wait for the check despite the results.

I love the idea of getting younger players who can learn and grow with the team, however what happens if they don't, we continue losing and search all over again for his replacement. Dansby would not be a stop gap, he would be a solid, possibly affordable addition. We've invested a great deal into this team getting Mario, he won't play forever, now is the time...its our time down here.

Get good additions, I'd agree with that notion if we were drafting someone in that position in this year's first round.

3-4 with Anderson-Nigel-Dansby-Lawson at linebacker, looks good on paper...tall and fast.

How many team haven't signed anyone or have only signed one player? I bet it's more than people think

I believe there are still teams who have signed zero players.

EDIT, there are SEVERAL teams who haven't signed outside players...chart coming

Edited by taC giB ehT

How many team haven't signed anyone or have only signed one player? I bet it's more than people think

I saw the list this morning it was more than you'd think but most of them were playoff teams or teams that have been to the playoffs in the past 13 years