Will the Bills hire a competent HC or another bottom feeder?

Jerry Jabber

Will the Bills hire a competent HC or another bottom feeder?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills hire a competent HC or another bottom feeder?

• Yes, they finally get it right and hire a competent HC
    • No, they hire another bottom feeder who will be fired in another 3-4 years

its not who the bills want, its who can the bills get to come here. not alot interest in coaching here for what ever reason. maybe the lease agreement will help with questions of the team moving and will help with stability, but future owner changes always scare coaches away also

I said "yes" because I don't know how you could possibly be a fan right now if you aren't optimistic with change on the horizon.

I've been optimistic before and saw Mike Mularkey who I felt was going to be a "Yes Sir, Mr. Donahoe" type. Then we saw Marv Levy hire Dick Jauron, who I felt was a failure at Chicago and Detroit. Last, but not least, we saw Chan Gailey, a coach who was fired from Georgia Tech, and also fired 10 days before the start of the regular season as the Chiefs Offensive Coordinator. Sorry, been burnt way too many times before. I'd love to be wrong, but like Buddy Nix stated "Show me the baby!!"

We'll see what Ralph's big announcement is, but until there is stable ownership/leadership and leadership that sets a winning tone, the Bills will only get a re-tread or an NFL rookie head coach. Gotta love Ralph but his declining health and advancing age have become a problem IMO. Ralph needs to hand over the keys to and enjoy his remaining time as best he can.

coaching is both overrated and underrated

its underrated in that a good coach take take hisn and beat yourn etc etc

its overrated in that any mediocre belidick can become an instant genious

you could hire vince lombardi today and he might crap out. even hank bullough ok maybe not him but almost anybody else could brady themselves into a superbowl

i just hope whomever we get it finally works the funk out

I said "yes" because I don't know how you could possibly be a fan right now if you aren't optimistic with change on the horizon.

Because the first report of who they were looking to interview for the head coaching position is Russ Grimm of all people. I've yet to hear any denials about the report so the Bills' PR department is either too slow to respond or the report is true. Either way it's not looking very promising. I'd much rather have Chan Gailey than Russ Grimm.

No, no, no! -This is no longer your Daddy's Buffalo Bills... From now on we go a different way... It's gonna be a loooooooong off-season. I'm not crazy about Lovie Smith, IMO, he's just another excuse-maker a-la Chan Gailey... but if he's willing to learn from his mistakes, and offer a WIN NOW approach, I'll give him a fair shot.

Norv Turner as OC is a MUST! There is no better option to develop whichever young QB we acquire.

Also, our linebackers SUCK, the SEC has got a few we should pursue. We also need to upgrade FS and SS!!!

Jairus Byrd needs competition... As does George Wilson. No more Grand-fathering... No more entitlements.. We need competition at EVERY POSITION, and the best man wins. -Period.

GO BILLS IN 2013!!!!!!

Well if we are considering (based on early rumors) Grimm, Horton, and Whisenhunt - three Arizona cast off losers, Jay Gruden who is running the 22 best offense in the league in Cincinnati, things look pretty Grimm (no pun intended).

I don't really like any of these, but if I had to take the lesser of the evils it would probably be the Whizz.

gailey said that

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/31/gailey-wants-to-show-bills-fans-the-baby/

"

“Talk

is cheap, we all know that. It’s like I’ve always said, don’t tell me

about the labor pains,

just show me the baby. That’s what we’ve got to do. We’ve got to show

you the baby, and the

baby is winning,” Nix said Wednesday, according to the

Buffalo News

I bet the Bills end up being the last team to hire a new coach. There's no reason to think that there won't be more of the same.

Also, I don't see one press conference making a huge difference when you have a G.M. like Buddy still running the show, dubious draft picks, and no QB.