Russ Brandon named President/CEO

Wagon Circler

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name me one company or organization where the guy at the top is an expert in everything. You could argue why would any company be stupid enough to put a technical guy like Bill Gates over seeing the marketing department. The company I work for has a CEO who's an engineer by trade, but our ultimate business is selling a product. It's no difference than RB new position, yes he's in charge of football operations, but seriously doubt he'll be running the draft board.

This is all great news for the Bills. Nix is staying but with Whaley taking over, thats even better news. Nix started all this here and Russ keeping him FOR NOW is a great idea, with Whaley in the wings. Bills are getting younger in the front office and everyone should love this news. Am sure Russ will do whatever it takes, now they he isnt chained up by Ralph.

Is a time else wondering if this is Thurman's "MOFO" comments?

Ill say likely not. There's a better than 50-50 shot he just wanted attention and had no solid info in my opinion. Can't believe the attention that is still getting.

While this announcement will be a positive, I don't know how significant the change will be. I guess we will see how hard Brandon was pushing/much Ralph was listening. I got the impression that RB has had defacto control for a bit, and Ralph was closer to his mouthpiece than his boss. Could be wrong.

Edited by NoSaint

So what instrument did you play?

I give up, what the hell is a mofo??

http://www.urbandict...e.php?term=mofo

this takes LITTMAN out of the picture....

Brandon is now free to spend raplh's money to hire a big time coach.....

I was also thinking that this might reduce Littman's sphere of influence.

You forgot, your boy at QB stays the same in your own little world.

Hey it's the New Year.

Let's move forward.

This franchise is nothing more than an utter joke. This news is an insult to fans, who should know better, but will probably "buy the hope" as usual.

Pathetic. New ownership is the only cure for this moribund, irrelevant franchise.

Folks: doesn't this at least mean that marketing now controls football ops, instead of accounting? Marginally better, at least.

This is a big step forward. RW's accountants are now as far removed from day to day as can be.

This may make what was a very odd, amorphous situation at 1 Bills Drive much more concrete and known to franchise outsiders.

In other words, this could help bring in a better coach, b/c the overall situation of "how things work" with the Bills is now clarified.

And Brandon did just have dinner with Gruden, didn't he?

The one thing we CAN offer a top shelf coaching candidate is "total control and ability to run your own show".

With this move, maybe that is precisely what they have planned.

This isn't really true. You can offer the ability to run your show TODAY. I don't see how much has really changed - by all accounts Russ was already mostly in charge. He can say it's his team, but it's not - it's Ralph's team. We'll unfortunately be reminded of this somewhere in the not so distant future given his age and apparent health issues in the last year. Then what? A new owner will once again be holding the keys. If there was some sort of succession plan announced as part of this transition, would be a lot more promising for a potential next coach.

I cannot understand some of you folks. All some of you talk about is how nothing will change until Ralph is no longer in the picutre...that's what you're getting with this change, and yet, here you are, bitching up a storm about it.

Unbelievable.

See a trend here ?

This franchise is nothing more than an utter joke. This news is an insult to fans, who should know better, but will probably "buy the hope" as usual.

Pathetic. New ownership is the only cure for this moribund, irrelevant franchise.

You would be one of those that I do not understand:

I cannot understand some of you folks. All some of you talk about is how nothing will change until Ralph is no longer in the picutre...that's what you're getting with this change, and yet, here you are, bitching up a storm about it.

Unbelievable.

Unbelievable.

What has changed? Where is the fresh perspective in the front office? Why has the same personnel department -- replete with botched drafts, ill-advised roster decisions and poor signings -- been retained? If this qualifies as change for you, I have some snake oil to sell you. :)

Do we really know that to be the case?? Even when TD had a similar position Littman and what's the other guys name Overdolf were still in the same role as today.

i think Littman was one of Ralph's most trusted advisors, had significant access being from detroit and carried too much weight towards him earning the "ralph is cheap" moniker.

my point being that Russ has final say now.....and that Jeff Littman can no longer bend ralph's ear like he has in the past.

What has changed? Where is the fresh perspective in the front office? Why has the same personnel department -- replete with botched drafts, ill-advised roster decisions and poor signings -- been retained? If this qualifies as change for you, I have some snake oil to sell you. :)

Let's see, perhaps because Nix is stepping down and Ralph no longer has input.

If you don't consider that change, I have a large plot of wetland in Florida you might be interested in.

Let's see, perhaps because Nix is stepping down and Ralph no longer has input.

If you don't consider that change, I have a large plot of wetland in Florida you might be interested in.

Nix is NOT stepping down. It's the same idiotic personnel department in charge.

Enjoy our season tickets. :)

This is a big step forward. RW's accountants are now as far removed from day to day as can be.

Given the extension to Fitz, the resigning of Stevie, the acquisition of Mario and Anderson, the pleas to Cowher and Shanahan, taking care of Freddie, etc - can someone point me to something that says money has been even the slightest factor during the Nix/Gailey regime?

Nix is NOT stepping down. It's the same idiotic personnel department in charge.

Enjoy our season tickets. :)

ill enjoy my season tix. But from what's being reported is that the GM position is being transitioned to Whaley so I'd say that he will be more involved in the coaching hire than Nix. Just saying.

Given the extension to Fitz, the resigning of Stevie, the acquisition of Mario and Anderson, the pleas to Cowher and Shanahan, taking care of Freddie, etc - can someone point me to something that says money has been even the slightest factor during the Nix/Gailey regime?

It's been poor D coaching, no QB and limited WRs.