Russ Brandon named President/CEO

Wagon Circler

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The usual suspects are always at the epicenter of the Bills personnel woes. If they chose another bogus GM/HC combination I am going to take a recess from contributing even one red cent to the NFL in any way shape or form for a while. It seems that when I wear these autographed Roddy Piper shades and look at Russ Brandon I see a money sucking leach.

Hey Joe. How're you liking that new lease?

Buddy's reaction to Chan's firing?

Where did you see that?

My bad! It was a quote from Buddy Nix mid Season ... Nix expressed his distaste for the Bills’ revolving door at the head-coach’s office at midseason.

“The age-old thing – and they’ve done it around here for years – is to start over about every three years,” Nix said. “What that does is make damn sure you don’t make it. ... You change every three years and you never quite get there. That’s my take.”

My bad! It was a quote from Buddy Nix mid Season ... Nix expressed his distaste for the Bills’ revolving door at the head-coach’s office at midseason.

“The age-old thing – and they’ve done it around here for years – is to start over about every three years,” Nix said. “What that does is make damn sure you don’t make it. ... You change every three years and you never quite get there. That’s my take.”

Well you sure as hell don't "quite get there" by starting 16-32...That's for sure... B-)

This is how ridiculous we've become. Why don't we fire the secretaries and janitors too. They are part of the "losing culture" too. Anything to satisfy our blood lust. Heads must roll. Any will do.

PTR

Are you suggesting that Russ Brandon has as much impact on winning and losing as the janitor? Come on man.

He's the CEO of the damn team. While he doesn't have the same degree of impact as a coach or GM, he certainly needs to be held accountable when the team loses. I think Smithers wants the best for the team but is he the best man for the job? With no playoffs since 1999 everything should be on the table.

Oh good. I thought I missed a public statement by Nix today.

So as far as we know he hasn't met with the media yet.

I believe that anyone who thinks that Russ Brandon ever had any say on football matters prior to the last few weeks is sorely mistaken. What,do you think, Marv Levy turned to Nix on draft day and asked his opinion on who to draft?

Do you think Buddy Nix asked him how he felt about Chan Gailey? These guys ran the football side and he ran the business.

Now with Ralph at 94, Russ has had enough of the losing and is asserting himself which is absolutely nescessary as Ralph has run the football end into the ground. We'll see how much control Ralph has given him if Nix is fired.

I believe that anyone who thinks that Russ Brandon ever had any say on football matters prior to the last few weeks is sorely mistaken. What,do you think, Marv Levy turned to Nix on draft day and asked his opinion on who to draft?

Do you think Buddy Nix asked him how he felt about Chan Gailey? These guys ran the football side and he ran the business.

Now with Ralph at 94, Russ has had enough of the losing and is asserting himself which is absolutely nescessary as Ralph has run the football end into the ground. We'll see how much control Ralph has given him if Nix is fired.

Really, what scares me, and has even before Brandon with Ralph too is "quick, make a decision to sell tickets THIS YEAR" and not "let's build a champion" but that could be said about any team.

If the decision today was based in "boy did you see those empty seats" instead of dissecting his play calls - then ill be disappointed even if I may agree with the end result.

We know what happened last time Russ Brandon tried to get in the football decision business. It was just as bad (or worse) that what we have now. Remember when he went "scouting"? Yeah, that was awesome, wasn't it?

I'm concerned again that we have a marketing guy making football decisions again, and we're going to spin our wheels again.