Russ Brandon named President/CEO

Wagon Circler

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think it's great that he acknowledged that the Bills have been irrelevant for 15 years as well as he's made it clear that he's the final word on EVERYTHING. For better or for worse, at least this guy is laying it all out there.

Innarestin' litany of changes detailed by WGR

WGR has confirmed the Bills have been contacted by former Bears Head Coach Lovie Smith who has expressed an interest in the job. WGR has also confirmed the Bills will interview Syracuse Head Coach Doug Marrone.

A source also tells WGR the Bills will “take a hard run at Chip Kelly” and that there are no restrictions or limitations when it comes to the search for a coach. With Wilson removing himself from the day to day operations, Brandon, Nix and Whaley have complete authority to hire the coach and will not need approval from Wilson, which has been standard operating procedure for the franchise. The Bills would prefer a coach with NFL experience and one that has already been a head coach, pro or college. They would like a coach who has experience managing a team.

WGR has learned more than 2 dozen coaches have already contracted the Bills to express interest in the position.

OH MY GOD IT'S WORSE THAN WE COULD HAVE IMAGINED!!! :w00t:

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Innarestin' litany of changes detailed by WGR

WGR has confirmed the Bills have been contacted by former Bears Head Coach Lovie Smith who has expressed an interest in the job. WGR has also confirmed the Bills will interview Syracuse Head Coach Doug Marrone.

A source also tells WGR the Bills will “take a hard run at Chip Kelly” and that there are no restrictions or limitations when it comes to the search for a coach. With Wilson removing himself from the day to day operations, Brandon, Nix and Whaley have complete authority to hire the coach and will not need approval from Wilson, which has been standard operating procedure for the franchise. The Bills would prefer a coach with NFL experience and one that has already been a head coach, pro or college. They would like a coach who has experience managing a team.

WGR has learned more than 2 dozen coaches have already contracted the Bills to express interest in the position.

Well, rule out Bobby April! :mellow:

I have some beach front property in Arizona...interested?

(I am not being a glass half empty guy, I am just a Buffalo Bills fan.)

I wail and gnash teeth with the best of 'em. But...I also do get behind what the team. I don't (or I try not to) blindly follow, but I do give 'em a chance.

"it starts and stops with me"

- Russ Brandon

Any questions?

yes, lots. if wilson is violently opposed to a move can he veto it? if so, is there a document detailing those conditions? in short, what prevents wilson from meddling? Edited by birdog1960

The truth is Bills fans have been painfully negative for decades, even when we were going to Super Bowls. You might be old enough to remember.

Speak for yourself I was positively giddy during the SB era. I alway thought they could win no matter the situation. Now I expect complete failure. I'll remain unconvinced until they start to prove me wrong.

ehh, I'm gonna call B.S.

Nix still in charge: so what. We've seen this movie before.

Ralph moving aside is most likely a very good P.R. move, but Nix stil making picks, and still have no QB.

I just think it's great that he acknowledged that the Bills have been irrelevant for 15 years as well as he's made it clear that he's the final word on EVERYTHING. For better or for worse, at least this guy is laying it all out there.

Yep he's pointing the gun at his own head, and saying if we continue losing, pull the trigger. Gets the pressure off of others around him.

Nothing has changed today. Brandon has been running the team for awhile already. Nix is still the GM and will one day transition to Whaley, which we already strongly suspected. Disappointing day with nothing to get excited about.

You're wrong. There is a HUGE change...Ralph is out of the loop.

PTR

Sharing this from the shoutbox responding to DrD...

I do not want Brandon announcing Nix's plans. It is not his place, it is not professional. Nix, if that is the plan, should step up and say along the lines "right now I am focused on keeping key pieces here in Buffalo and making sure we have the best pieces in place for 2013. We have the draft coming up and we can fix some positions and get better at them. i am not thinking about after the draft, but I told you before, I want to get a QB for the future."

Can someone link this speech ? Maybe I am dense but I can't seem to find it on buffalobills.com or wgr

Download wgr 550 application and listen now. I'm sure it will be in their audio vault shortly

You're wrong. There is a HUGE change...Ralph is out of the loop.

PTR

I'll say it again, since you don't understand PTR. The Bills are only interested in selling tickets. They measure success in tickets/merchandise sold and not wins. Get with it! :rolleyes:

Russ says Buddy is the best talent evaluator he knows.....how is that QB talent evaluation coming along? What a bunch of garbage talk....first they think Edwards is the guy and then they become unbelievably stubborn with their decision on Fitz (not to mention WRONG).

Is nobody going to ask this????