Russ Brandon named President/CEO

Wagon Circler

Given the extension to Fitz, the resigning of Stevie, the acquisition of Mario and Anderson, the pleas to Cowher and Shanahan, taking care of Freddie, etc - can someone point me to something that says money has been even the slightest factor during the Nix/Gailey regime?

Don't forget, they payed 10 bucks an hour to shovel snow.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, perhaps because Nix is stepping down and Ralph no longer has input.

If you don't consider that change, I have a large plot of wetland in Florida you might be interested in.

Do you think Ralph will really no longer call regularly? RB will still be employed by RW. And nix is still in. This seems to give RB more leeway to do what he wants, but I think he was already the top guy in shaping Ralph's opinion- as indicated by Ralph choosing him.

Heck, just a few years ago russ was GM and in charge of all things football too.

I think it's a positive move but not near the radical change you are expecting.

Edited by NoSaint

This isn't really true. You can offer the ability to run your show TODAY. I don't see how much has really changed - by all accounts Russ was already mostly in charge. He can say it's his team, but it's not - it's Ralph's team. We'll unfortunately be reminded of this somewhere in the not so distant future given his age and apparent health issues in the last year. Then what? A new owner will once again be holding the keys. If there was some sort of succession plan announced as part of this transition, would be a lot more promising for a potential next coach.

But now Russ has all the incentive in the world - more than he even had as CEO - to ensure that he keeps his elevated position under new ownership. In practice, that means he has to try to become PART of the new ownership. He needs to ally himself with an ownership group that will retain him as the managing partner, even while he doesn't bring any serious money to the table. That sounds daunting, but Russ has two key pieces of leverage - his current role as owner-in-all-but-title, and his close relationship with Ralph. If anyone is going to convince Ralph to give a hometown discount to a prospective ownership group, it's his boy Russ.

Do you think Ralph will really no longer call regularly? RB will still be employed by RW. And nix is still in. This seems to give RB more leeway to do what he wants, but I think he was already the top guy in shaping Ralph's opinion- as indicated by Ralph choosing him.

I think it's a positive move but not near the radical change you are expecting.

I didn't say it would be a "radical" change, but it will definitely be a change.

Last time that happened AJ Smith blew the draft on purpose.

So you think Whaley is going to purposely tank the draft to get out of his future job as GM of the Bills? I disagree.

Brandon and Whaley hire the next coach, I'm guessing.

That's what La Canfora said.

So the big changes will be a new website and so fancy email campaigns! Meanwhile, they will hire another chump like Wisehunt and not draft any top QB because Chan told Buddy day dee boy ain't no good!