Russ Brandon named President/CEO

Wagon Circler

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Nix is being transitioned out with an undetermined timetable, what's the sense in hanging on to him? If Whaley is the heir apparent then go with it and don't look back.

Rip the bandaid off all at once.

I think he's essentially out now. Just letting him save face because he is so well loved within the organization.

I was really disgusted with this at first, but the reaction of the local media guys, who are normally so negative about it, changed my mood to more optimistic. Removes the Ralph/Littman influence, age goes way down with Brandon/Whaley, I like that they don't need Ralph's approval for the new coach....big deall

The kids have the car but the old man still owns it and can take away their keys in a second.

You clearly aren't very bright -- which great for the Bills' ticket office and merchandise sales :)

Gilmore wasn't very good this year, despite what you say. And make all the rookie excuses you want, there were at least 7-10 rookie CB's that played better than him this season. Dareus has underachieved relative to his draft status. Solid starter, hardly dominant. And most of this front office's picks have been dubious.

In every exchange, eventually someone has to resort to slinging insults...well done...hope the New Year treats you well.

Gilmore played well, the guy allowed 4 TD passes after his disasterous week 1.

Go back and watch his man-on-man performance against Fitzgerald in week 6.

Dareus had a rough year, and he needs to be better, but there's no doubt the ability is there.

Well, somebody is responsible for assembling one of the worst defenses in NFL history, on a team with no QB, right?

Yes, absolutely. The deficiency at LB absolutely killed this team, and Nix bears responsibility for that.

If Nix is being transitioned out with an undetermined timetable, what's the sense in hanging on to him? If Whaley is the heir apparent then go with it and don't look back.

I think he's essentially out now. Just letting him save face because he is so well loved within the organization.

My guess is that b/c they're paying Buddy anyway, they may as well take advantage of whatever input he can provide.

One would think that Whaley has everything he needs to move out on his own - what else would he have been doing the past 3 years? However, it is quite conceivable they asked Nix what HE wanted to do and he just said, "Let me lend a hand through this last draft and I'll call it a day..."

Could this imply Littman and Overdorf are going to be out of the picture from a decision making standpoint? It's been long rumored that those two have been part of the problem. If that is the case, this move might be better for the franchise then it appears on the surface.

Edit; ha, timely post right above mine. :)

Edited by yall

Yes, absolutely. The deficiency at LB absolutely killed this team, and Nix bears responsibility for that.

By changing scheme twice, yup. I can't say we needed a LB more than cb or LT in the draft though, or that a better LB than either of those was passed on. Short of redirecting Anderson's money towards lofton I can't say there was even a quick fix in FA. Sometimes, it just takes time when you make big scheme shifts repeatedly.

As already mentioned, this is terrible news. You don't want business men running your football side of things. Their goal is to make the team more PROFITABLE, not win games. You can be a bad team and still turn a nice profit by cutting costs and with some innovative marketing (ie, more games in Toronto or god forbid Europe). This is bad news IMO. As fans we just want a good team

Who decides what the budget is for the entire coaching staff? When you realize that it is not Brandon, you will come to the conclusion that this is just more of the same.

Who says it's not Brandon?

I was going to ask that as well.

By changing scheme twice, yup. I can't say we needed a LB more than cb or LT in the draft though, or that a better LB than either of those was passed on. Short of redirecting Anderson's money towards lofton I can't say there was even a quick fix in FA. Sometimes, it just takes time when you make big scheme shifts repeatedly.

Completely agree.

As already mentioned, this is terrible news. You don't want business men running your football side of things. Their goal is to make the team more PROFITABLE, not win games. You can be a bad team and still turn a nice profit by cutting costs and with some innovative marketing (ie, more games in Toronto or god forbid Europe). This is bad news IMO. As fans we just want a good team

He's not running the football side, he is the de facto head honcho, and will defer to Nix/Whaley for football matters. From that perspective, he's pretty much the acting owner, and at that post, I DO want a business man.

I am. No way Ralph/Littman will turn over the checkbook to Brandon, and tell him to spend whatever he wants.

Why?

I am. No way Ralph/Littman will turn over the checkbook to Brandon, and tell him to spend whatever he wants.

If Brandon is top of the food chain, and littman reports to him......

Has anyone seen any indication we are refusing to spend these days? Old paranoia dies slow I think.

I think it's a great development. Russ is a WNY guy who has worked hard to cement the team here by moving TC to Rochester and establishing the Toronto series. I think he'll be working behind the scenes to broker a deal with new ownership as well.

Also, I think Nix is essentially done now - neutered by the firing of a coach that he said he was going to retain despite his putrid record. Whaley will have a HUGE hand in selecting the new coach and the new QB in the draft.

Great day to be a Bills fan! 2013 is looking up.

It all depends on who the next HC is, if Nix stays or not, who controls the draft and FA process.

If the Bills hire a brain who can turn the team around then it will be a great day. I was hoping for someone who knows talent to be the next president, like Bill Polian or Atlanta GM Thomas Dimitroff.