Russ Brandon named President/CEO

Wagon Circler

but you aren't sitting back - you are actively arguing with people who see this as a positive move. You have declared what it is before what it is has even been announced.

Fine. I'll shut the F-U-C-K up Mr. Moderator.

Edited by LabattBlue

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am aware. So if he can't look for the next HC, what good is it to hang on to him. There only needs to be one cook in the kitchen.

Most businesses and military units I've been with aren't a clean top-down organizational structure. But reducing the leadership and management structure helps to optimize efficiency. I don't see a need for hanging on to the outgoing guy if he's a lame duck.

Drafting and scouting isn't a clean and efficient operation- you re talking about a brain trust if you will that must analyze the "player intel" and act accordingly. What this is doing is removing Nix's final approval and giving him an advisory role. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and the military does it all the time...

Edited by BmoreBills

s

First off my apologies for that comment.

Second, I like Gillmore but the point is that these drafts by this front office -- which includes Whaley -- have been abysmal aside from the few solid players you mention. 7-10 rookies better than Gilmore was a clear exaggeration on my part - that said, he gets beat an awful lot for a guy who drew comparisons to Darrelle Revis before the season began. Pergaps that is due to coaching and scheme.

Nevertheless, I thnk the failure of this organization to bring a fresh outside perspective at this juncture is indicative of the ineptitude that continues to pervade it. I hope I am wrong

So we've scaled back from 7-10 better rookies to not better than revis?

Cool.

s

First off my apologies for that comment.

Second, I like Gillmore but the point is that these drafts by this front office -- which includes Whaley -- have been abysmal aside from the few solid players you mention. 7-10 rookies better than Gilmore was a clear exaggeration on my part - that said, he gets beat an awful lot for a guy who drew comparisons to Darrelle Revis before the season began. Pergaps that is due to coaching and scheme.

Nevertheless, I thnk the failure of this organization to bring a fresh outside perspective at this juncture is indicative of the ineptitude that continues to pervade it. I hope I am wrong

No big deal, we all get emotional about the team...seriously though, hope the new year treats you well.

As to Gilmore, I read on PFF that he allowed a total of 4 TD passes against all year, and they had him rated as the 2nd best rookie CB (behind GB's Casey Heyward)...I cannot link to the info, as it's under their "Premium Stats" which you have to pay for.

but you aren't sitting back - you are actively arguing with people who see this as a positive move. You have declared what it is before what it is has even been announced.

You noticed that too huh?

The official rumor is Brandon gets RWs title of president and operational control over all football decisions. This is an unmitigated fin disaster if it's true. Brandon is a joke. He should be tarred and feathered for the damage he has done to this franchise not promoted into a position where he can pour more gasoline onto the fire.

Edited by AKA Bigdog

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000120832/article/report-ken-whisenhunt-on-buffalo-bills-radar?

Citing a league source, Tim Graham of The Buffalo News reported Tuesday that Ken Whisenhunt is on the radar of Bills CEO Russ Brandon, who is fond of the former Arizona Cardinals coach and would like to make him Chan Gailey's successor.

I would hate it if Whisenhunt is named as Chan's successor.

The official rumor is Brandon gets RWs title of president and operational control over all football decisions. This is an unmitigated fin disaster if it's true. Brandon is a joke. He should be tarred and feathered for the damage he has done to this franchise not promoted into a position where he can more gasoline onto the fire.

Tarred and feathered? You do realize its a choice to be a Bills fan right? This is supposed to be a hobby, not life and death.

The official rumor is Brandon gets RWs title of president and operational control over all football decisions. This is an unmitigated fin disaster if it's true. Brandon is a joke. He should be tarred and feathered for the damage he has done to this franchise not promoted into a position where he can more gasoline onto the fire.

I'm not a big Brandon fan myself. We will see what he does though. Cautious optimism.

So we've scaled back from 7-10 better rookies to not better than revis?

Cool.

Scaled back from 7-10 rookies better to rather underwhelming given his draft status. Do you think be played like a stud cornerback?

More importantly, do you buy the spin surrounding this "change"?

Meh...Disappointing...I was hoping Brandon could get the housecleaning that Don Banks said he wanted, and that it would open the door for David Caldwell to come to Buffalo...Once again, to me at least, this is not good enough... B-)

Pure speculation, but it sounds like Detroit compromised with Brandon knowing that the latter would demand sweeping changes. Agree that it's not good enough given that Nix remains temporarily. If anything, GM's are more responsible for failure than the HC's they choose. It just so happens that HC's get the blame first.

Tarred and feathered? You do realize its a choice to be a Bills fan right? This is supposed to be a hobby, not life and death.

Settle down Russ it's just talk on a football forum. I think your a joke as a football guy but I'm not really heating up any tar.

Scaled back from 7-10 rookies better to rather underwhelming given his draft status. Do you think be played like a stud cornerback?

More importantly, do you buy the spin surrounding this "change"?

My takes on change are outlined pretty well the last few pages.

As for Gilmore - I think if you watch more CBs around the league, and additionally their developments too.... He's not in bad shape. The rules are making their jobs harder, and he's a rookie. He's physical, fast, smart... Generally what you need for success. I was worried he shot up boards to fast given his college play, but ill say he's been good if you apply reasonable expectations.

Fine. I'll shut the F-U-C-K up Mr. Moderator.

Why spare us these delightful New Year's insights drenched in unrelenting cynicism? You have it all figured out, I see no reason why you should hold back telling us exactly what the future holds.

I wish I made as much money as Brandon

You and me both. I don't fault this fraud for getting rich off of hard working bills fans, but I personally feel he's rich enough. Time to dump the entire front office and fill it with winners.

IMO this is only a step foward if you happen to be looking in a mirror.

Brandon's primary role all along has been money - make the team more profitable so when Ralph dies and the team has to be sold, it's a more viable product to be sold. Giving him more power just accentuates that role. I doubt they'll have much luck getting a big name coach to come here (assuming they're even willing to spend that $$) unless there's already some sort of backroom deal in place with new ownership who will assure that big name coach of a job through the owership transistion.

Nix is "keeping his chair" through the draft because presumably that's been his focus for the last few months. Probably once the NFL trade deadline passes, pretty much every NFL GM turns his focus to the draft. Personnel decisions become relatively minor at that point, because all you have to decide is things like whether or not to cut/replace people like Kirk Morrison.