Russ Brandon named President/CEO

Wagon Circler

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.

Any evidence to back this up?

What fun is a Forum absent of disagreement? Would be pretty boring.

Doesn't mean it can't be civil

He's been scouting all year, why wouldn't want to keep that insight a few extra months. As long as its understood behind closed doors - and I'd assume a guy that hired his replacement to train understands this arrangement - what's to lose

^ This.

What fun is a Forum absent of disagreement? Would be pretty boring.

I'm cool with disagreement. Maybe at the front page we could have two buttons

I'm feeling:

1) unreasonable and emotional

2) like a reasonable human being

And we can just split from there

Brandon to Team President is an interesting move. Now that Ralph is out of the decision making process it will be up to Brandon to produce. The transition fo Nix to Whaley is wise and not impulsive. If Nix is there to help him with the process of hiring a new coach, prepping and executing the draft, then I am all for it. Never good to toss a guy to the wolves. Buffalo does not have the instutional structure in place to do that. This is a step forward. Either you can see the glass half full or half empty. I will take a wait and see approach.

Not sure how this dynamic will play out, but I'm glad that they kept Whaley. He would have been at least considered for one of the other vacant GM positions. I don't have a problem with him, Nix and Brandon conducting the search for a new HC. What this means is that they won't have to go back to Ralph for approval. I believe Whaley will have more say than Nix on the HC since he will have to live with him after the transition. Sounds as if Nix will get to weigh in, but won't have final say.

+1 I don't see the logic in keeping Nix. Just fire the dude and promote Whaley. This is your typical retarded move by the Bills or should I say RW?

Some folks think the transition to Whaley was the plan all along.

Have to keep Nix till the draft. He still holds alot of the cards in regard to our scouting, whether we like him or not.

On the other hand it's a bit more class to gently transition IMO

Disagreement has never been seen as a problem here. What gets the reasonable posters' goat, is the relentless cynicism, misinformed blathering and negativity to every move that the FO makes.

You have got to expect a certain level of that on an internet forum. Nature of the beast.

Brandon to Team President is an interesting move. Now that Ralph is out of the decision making process it will be up to Brandon to produce. The transition fo Nix to Whaley is wise and not impulsive. If Nix is there to help him with the process of hiring a new coach, prepping and executing the draft, then I am all for it. Never good to toss a guy to the wolves. Buffalo does not have the instutional structure in place to do that. This is a step forward. Either you can see the glass half full or half empty. I will take a wait and see approach.

Like I said earlier - both transitions have been going for years, today was the tipping point.

Disagreement has never been seen as a problem here. What gets the reasonable posters' goat, is the relentless cynicism, misinformed blathering and negativity to every move that the FO makes.

Common man, there's just as much relentless optimism and misinformed blathering and positivity to every move that the FO makes. That's what makes this place so much fun.

Press Conference soon.

Of critical importance here is learning the relationship between Brandon and Ralph in terms of $$$.

How much financial decision making will Russ have? Absolute? Can he decide to take an operational loss if necessary to improve the product? Can he hire a $10 million head coach if he thinks that's a good idea?

If Ralph retains last word power on things like that, this is not a huge development.

There are many reasons to think that this is a positive move. Wilson has ceded control of the operations only once before to Donahoe, and at the time there was no argument as to who was in charge. Yes Ralph still meddled, but it was TD who ran the show.

The biggest problem since 2006 was the leadership vacuum at OBD, when no one knew who was really in charge. If this change in control is similar to what happened in 2000, then it's definitely a positive event, no question about it.