Russ Brandon named President/CEO

Wagon Circler

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagreement has never been seen as a problem here. What gets the reasonable posters' goat, is the relentless cynicism, misinformed blathering and negativity to every move that the FO makes.

Nothing like 13 straight years of losing to bring out the sunshine in a person.

Press Conference soon.

Of critical importance here is learning the relationship between Brandon and Ralph in terms of $$$.

How much financial decision making will Russ have? Absolute? Can he decide to take an operational loss if necessary to improve the product? Can he hire a $10 million head coach if he thinks that's a good idea?

If Ralph retains last word power on things like that, this is not a huge development.

this. and even if they say it's so, will it be? what binds wilson to the arrangement?

Ignoring or not responding is always an option. No?

Indeed. But the noise created by these posters drowns out reasonable discussion and hijacks perfectly logical threads.

Make no mistake, when Nix et al took over, I was cautiously optimistic. I did not say it was a bad or great move because there was no way to know how they would handle the organization. We should afford the new management/coaching structure (whatever shape it takes) the same courtesy. If every move is seen as 'same old' or 'bottom of the barrel' or incestuous, then there really is no point in being a supportive fan of this team.

YES....As long as two things take place:

Brandon properly delegates to the "football men" to make the decisions THEY want. Not that he has to rubber stamp everything. But allows them to "do their jobs", if you will

and

Mr. Wilson keeps to his promise not to meddle or override them.

I have LITTLE confidence either one of these two conditions will be met.

Actually, Mr Wilson tried this once before, with Tom Donahue. Didn't work that time, as Mr Wilson booted him out after a few years (rightfully so, by the way) If Ralph lives so long (I wish him the best) and Brandon fails, he will also get the boot. So, the concern mentioned above is real, and actually good, since we need Mr Wilson to boot Brandon if he doesn't do the job.

It is called respect. And it really doesn't matter how it appears to YOU, as long as they have it worked out internally.

It's a shame you can't wrap your mind around letting a life-long football man have 4 more months in the business before he steps aside.

But Chan doesn't get the same respect and soft bounce out the door? I'm sorry to disagree with you, Buddy should have been relieved of his duties along with Chan. It just muddles up the picture in this draft. If this draft sucks who do you blame? Or if it's a great who do you give credit too? And if it's a great draft and you credit Buddy, then why get rid of him? It's just messy. You either trust the guy and keep him or you don't and let him go.

Innarestin' litany of changes detailed by WGR

WGR has confirmed the Bills have been contacted by former Bears Head Coach Lovie Smith who has expressed an interest in the job. WGR has also confirmed the Bills will interview Syracuse Head Coach Doug Marrone.

A source also tells WGR the Bills will “take a hard run at Chip Kelly” and that there are no restrictions or limitations when it comes to the search for a coach. With Wilson removing himself from the day to day operations, Brandon, Nix and Whaley have complete authority to hire the coach and will not need approval from Wilson, which has been standard operating procedure for the franchise. The Bills would prefer a coach with NFL experience and one that has already been a head coach, pro or college. They would like a coach who has experience managing a team.

WGR has learned more than 2 dozen coaches have already contracted the Bills to express interest in the position.

Common man, there's just as much relentless optimism and misinformed blathering and positivity to every move that the FO makes. That's what makes this place so much fun.

Point taken. But all humans should have an optimistic view of life, no ? Else we can grow old being curmudgeons.

Nothing like 13 straight years of losing to bring out the sunshine in a person.

The truth is Bills fans have been painfully negative for decades, even when we were going to Super Bowls. You might not be old enough to remember.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

brandon "i will not be drafting people. i will not be making the final decision on a FA. I will empower buddy nix, but i will have final say."

OK, I'm sold. :wub:

He's saying the right things with conviction.

I have some beach front property in Arizona...interested?

(I am not being a glass half empty guy, I am just a Buffalo Bills fan.)

Edited by jboyst62

Russ's speech makes me feel like the US has been attacked and we are ready for war. I know you guys feel it too. Times are changing for the Buffalo Bills

"you find me a satisfied man, I'll shown you a failure"