Russ Brandon named President/CEO

Wagon Circler

Buddy will address the switch to Whaley when he talks after Brandon.

Understand. Buddy right now Brandon has said Buddy is running the football side as GM. Period. If there is a transition it maybe talked about by Buddy but GM said the reporting was wrong. He again just stated, BUDDY IS THE GM.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Chan thinks he can win with Fitz, why would Buddy look for a starting qb? I really don't get why people don't understand this.

Because it isn't what they want to hear. In 3 seasons, they started with Trent and Fitz, went to Fitz and Thigpen, and this offseason went to Fitz and Thig while bringing in VY and TJ. They didn't go try to get someone in the draft, but if you go back to this time the last few seasons, you would be amazed to find how many people here had argued the bills were fine with Fitz and needed to use picks elsewhere and not on a QB. It isn't until another team succeeds with a QB and Fitz looks bad that the fans throw tantrums about how Nix failed and never brought in a QB.....

Understand. Buddy right now Brandon has said Buddy is running the football side as GM. Period. If there is a transition it maybe talked about by Buddy but GM said the reporting was wrong. He again just stated, BUDDY IS THE GM.

You are right. I am just waiting to see what Buddy actually says. We will know nothing definitively until that point. It would just be odd for ESPN to report the switch and have them be wrong, albeit not their first time being wrong.

what was preventing him from doing all this before? What has really changed today. It is all BS designed for the weak minded.

I should think it's intuitively obvious that Ralph had to give approval before certain decisions were made with his money. That's not the case now.

How can some of you be so confused right now? I feel like it's very clear.

"I get to evaluate everything that goes on in this organization right now, and if I don't like it, I'm going to change it"

- Russ

Anyone else find it odd RB keeps mentioning Reuben, Thurman, Tasker... but not Jimbo? Not reading into anything, just find it interesting

Jimbo's not there...those guys are.

But Chan doesn't get the same respect and soft bounce out the door? I'm sorry to disagree with you, Buddy should have been relieved of his duties along with Chan. It just muddles up the picture in this draft. If this draft sucks who do you blame? Or if it's a great who do you give credit too? And if it's a great draft and you credit Buddy, then why get rid of him? It's just messy. You either trust the guy and keep him or you don't and let him go.

All those are only an issue to you as a fan potentially. It's likely very clear behind closed doors.

What we know about the scouting department is about 140 characters and a quick sound bite, what the powers that be know is faaaaar more.

six QB in this years playoffs are 1st or 2nd year players, and we could have drafted 4 of these. Dalton, Kaepernick, Ponder, and Wilson and the fact that we didn't draft any QB the last two years is what is frustrating. Even if we had missed, we would have at least addressed the obvious need, and that's the scariest part. Failing to address the need.

So why does nobody scream about how we could have had Ponder also, yet they include him in the list of rookies making the playoffs? Ponder was being called the worst starting QB in the league a few weeks ago, he is the starter on a team being carried by AP.

What has kaepernick really proved out there? He won games with the same team that Alex Smith won games with, yet people keep talking about how Smith is such a horrible QB. Kaepernick sure did look elite when they played a good team in Seattle 2 weeks ago.........

Because it isn't what they want to hear. In 3 seasons, they started with Trent and Fitz, went to Fitz and Thigpen, and this offseason went to Fitz and Thig while bringing in VY and TJ. They didn't go try to get someone in the draft, but if you go back to this time the last few seasons, you would be amazed to find how many people here had argued the bills were fine with Fitz and needed to use picks elsewhere and not on a QB. It isn't until another team succeeds with a QB and Fitz looks bad that the fans throw tantrums about how Nix failed and never brought in a QB.....

Not true. Many here and elsewhere criticized buddy at the time for not taking Wilson or Cousins last year. But it doesn't really matter. Buddy is paid to make these decisions and he was disastrously wrong about the most important position in pro sports.

Buddy has been pretty straight forward with the entire situation, they wanted to build the line and the overall talent and then put a young qb into that team to give him the best chance. I still think they need more players prior to a rookie qb being able to come in and play well.