papazoid

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is having a really good year

http://espn.go.com/n.../11289/ray-rice

Because the bills have been able to run with eiher Fred or CJ, and pass protected well, a better case can be made at least one of their olinemen should have made it: wood, levitre or both.

http://espn.go.com/n...3203/cj-spiller

Just as good imo, if not better. I agree with you about the line though.

In the end, it is just a popularity contest. How else does a player who misses 4 (*edit* and suits up and doesnt see the field in another) games make it?

Edited by sodbuster

Takes notes 100 million dollar man. A defensive end in your own division who also got paid last off season only that you got double the size of his contract and is 3 years older than you but with 3 years less of NFL experience than you made it to the pro bowl. That's right you guessed it, Cameron Wake...

http://espn.go.com/n...3203/cj-spiller

Just as good imo, if not better. I agree with you about the line though.

In the end, it is just a popularity contest. How else does a player who misses 4 (*edit* and suits up and doesnt see the field in another) games make it?

Spiller has 47 more yards on 71 fewer carries, while Rice has 91 more receiving yards on 34 more targets/20 more receptions. Rice also has 3 more TD's, but again, has had the ball given/thrown to him 104 more times than Spiller. I agree that he should have made it over Rice, but again, it's a popularity contest and serves to inflate players' opinions of themselves (not to mention their salaries in the form of bonuses and contract expectations).

Takes notes 100 million dollar man. A defensive end in your own division who also got paid last off season only that you got double the size of his contract and is 3 years older than you but with 3 years less of NFL experience than you made it to the pro bowl. That's right you guessed it, Cameron Wake...

Too bad he wouldn't sign with the bills. Mario would have never been needed. His performance against Myyami was pitiful and made Kelsay's past play look HOF worthy. Mario may play up to his talent but he needs a GOOD team, and motiviation. The Bills as currently constructed can provide either.

He should be benched just based on last Sundays game. He quit.

no he didn't, but byrd did.

I'd love to know how a guy that averages 6.5 ypc and ranks in the top 10 in the league in rushing yards, despite having--on average--80 fewer carries than the other top 10 rushers in the league doesn't deserve it.

I mean, Ray Rice has fewer rushing yards than Spiller despite an additional 71 carries, but that was good enough to get him voted into the Pro Bowl.

Spiller got jobbed, way worse than either Byrd or Levitre.

Too bad he wouldn't sign with the bills. Mario would have never been needed. His performance against Myyami was pitiful and made Kelsay's past play look HOF worthy. Mario may play up to his talent but he needs a GOOD team, and motiviation. The Bills as currently constructed can provide either.

He should be benched just based on last Sundays game. He quit.

I agree we have no leaders/motivators on this team, while williams is getting owned by some scrub RG on the dolphins that just started playing this season, wake is pressuring the QB while dragging our RG 10 yards with him and being held...

Actually Wake has drawn the most offensive holding for the last 2 years , he's a freaking beast. I honestly thought that Mario would have a year like aldon smith this year...

The snuffs aren't new. Really win games and the popularity contest called the pro bowl is a joke award and meaningless. Reuben Brown went to a couple extra than he needed to. It's a silly award, I'd rather win games, than complain about Bills who can't get in. Except when negotiating a new contract,no player actually wants to play in the game.

The 2 year and running pro bowl snub is directly related to nix/gailley/wanny. Thank them. Three good reasons right there for no to the continuity talk from Brandon.

Edited by Best Player Available

I'd love to know how a guy that averages 6.5 ypc and ranks in the top 10 in the league in rushing yards, despite having--on average--80 fewer carries than the other top 10 rushers in the league doesn't deserve it.

I mean, Ray Rice has fewer rushing yards than Spiller despite an additional 71 carries, but that was good enough to get him voted into the Pro Bowl.

I edited my post I though he meant SJ lol

Spiller was snubbed because the HC is a jerk and wouldn't use him enough. Better to have the 17th ranked QB throw to the 27th ranked passing offense then the #4 rushhing offense run the ball.

One more reason why this moron of a HC should have been canned during the season. Both him and his choice for DC in dave WannSTOOGE

Reputation. Jeff Saturday is a backup on his own team and got the NFC center. NOT A STARTER ON HIS OWN TEAM- but a starter for the conference

and the two guys drafted right after marcel dareus both made it....a.j. green and patrick peterson

8 teams were shut out....

buf, oak, sd, stl, car, phi, jax & ten

Buf, Jax,Stl, Ten, Car are some of the most unpopular teams in terms of population & Facebook likes. Which begs the question - is the pro bowl a popularity contest?

Anyone surprised?

Byrd and Levitre both got screwed...

Yeah, they both really did...

Spiller as well, as he was much more dynamic than any of the 3 backs selected...

McKelvin has a pretty big gripe being left off as a special teams player as well...

Reputation. Jeff Saturday is a backup on his own team and got the NFC center. NOT A STARTER ON HIS OWN TEAM- but a starter for the conference

If this isn't confirmation of just what a joke the entire Pro Bowl process has become then I don't know what is. Pro Bowl snubs are the LAST thing anyone around here should worry about. It's hard for me to feel bad that our guys weren't part of the joke.

GO BILLS!!!

The Buffalo players all suffer from being in a small market, and not getting national exposure. don't see them on ESPN to oftern, compared to a lot of those other guys on winning teams. Lynch and whitner make it with out teams, neither one had anything near a pro bowl year in Buffalo, both player had best years of average here. Coaching mostly, I think. Of course, Jason Peters attitude went south after he made the pro bowl, and refused to honor the last two years of his contract.

Edited by bigK14094

The Buffalo players all suffer from being in a small market, and not getting national exposure. don't see them on ESPN to oftern, compared to a lot of those other guys on winning teams. Lynch and whitner make it with out teams, neither one had anything near a pro bowl year in Buffalo, both player had best years of average here. Coaching mostly, I think. Of course, Jason Peters attitude went south after he made the pro bowl, and refused to honor the last two years of his contract.

Lynch by his own admission grew up and started taking his job seriously after being traded to Seattle. And Whitner benefits from a great front 4 in SF, but had his best season his last year in Buffalo.

How is Spiller not a Pro Bowler over the vastly overrated Arian Foster? Charles should start with Spiller second.

Agreed. Foster's yds per carry (4.0) would make a good GPA, but it is laughable when compared to Spiller's 6.5. Charles, on the other hand, is virtually untouchable.