TJ Graham. Oh Dear God.

Webster Guy

Hey I understand every NFL receiver drops balls now and then. Some of them slump and drop multiple balls in the same game. TJ Graham took that to a new level today though, and embarassed Nix for burning a 3rd rounder (and a 7th to move up those few spots to get this chump).

Maybe TJ runs a great 40, but his game speed is average and his hands are stone. He struggled in camp to pick up the playbook, cost us the NE game with that blown route, and on top of the fact that he dropped seemingly everything today, he ran probably the worst Go Route I've ever seen down the left sideline in man coverage.

Fitz threw it as far as he could and the pass would have been right on the money if TJ knew how to run this route like a professional. He slowed down halfway into the route and started this amateur hand control battle with the corner and the pass dropped about 10 feet in front of him exactly where he should have been.

For the 69th overall pick in last year's draft, I don't know boys. He's NOT a field stretcher or a great route runner or sure handed.. I'd rather see Easley in there, he can't be worse.

He was horrible. We traded up to draft a WR in the 3rd round and our hole at WR is now deeper.

I watch other games and drool over guys like AJ Green, Brandon Lloyd, and Sidney Rice.

Sidney Rice and Brandon Lloyd were picked up by their teams in the off season.

Why can't we get someone like that?

He was horrible. We traded up to draft a WR in the 3rd round and our hole at WR is now deeper.

I watch other games and drool over guys like AJ Green, Brandon Lloyd, and Sidney Rice.

whats comical to me is that the FO and coaching staff has either said we are OK at WR or that our WRs are not big and physical enough. Yet the one WR they took last year, that they traded up to get is none of those things. Horrible hands, small, shifty. Nothing even close to a big physical WR that can over power CBs and go up for the ball.

whats comical to me is that the FO and coaching staff has either said we are OK at WR or that our WRs are not big and physical enough. Yet the one WR they took last year, that they traded up to get is none of those things. Horrible hands, small, shifty. Nothing even close to a big physical WR that can over power CBs and go up for the ball.

What's comical to me is that Coach Gaily insists on running a pass happy offense with a mediocre QB and these spares at WR. Meanwhile we have quality RBs that are under utilized.

Too soon to give up on him...WR and DT are the hardest positions to do well early in their careers...That said we need a true number 1 becasue Stevie is a great #2 maybe the best in the league, but they need a Calvin Johnson, a Andre Johnson, a guy who is open and can make a play when he is not open like Nix has been fond of saying.

He didn't have a great game today...but I think he has shown some signs that he has some game...and all those "drops" were not of the "great pass, no hands"variety... it happens... just another miserable performance all the way around from this team.

What's comical to me is that Coach Gaily insists on running a pass happy offense with a mediocre QB and these spares at WR. Meanwhile we have quality RBs that are under utilized.

This x 1billion!

I honestly think, with a competent coach, this team, with the same talent, could be 8-6 or 9-5 right now. Fitz is not an upper echelon QB... but despite all evidence to the contrary, Gailey keeps calling games as though Fitz is the second coming of Joe Montana. A good offensive coach knows how to hide his weaknesses....Chan just exposes them, making it all that much easier to beat this team. I am ashamed to say, I really thought, after 2010, the Bills might have fallen into some dumb luck with the hiring of Gailey....but now I realize, there was no luck involved, just dumbness. For some reason, I don't loathe Gailey as much as I did Dick Jauron after three seasons....but he is pretty close... it's not the man, just his performances on Sunday afternoons.

Hey I understand every NFL receiver drops balls now and then. Some of them slump and drop multiple balls in the same game. TJ Graham took that to a new level today though, and embarassed Nix for burning a 3rd rounder (and a 7th to move up those few spots to get this chump).

Maybe TJ runs a great 40, but his game speed is average and his hands are stone. He struggled in camp to pick up the playbook, cost us the NE game with that blown route, and on top of the fact that he dropped seemingly everything today, he ran probably the worst Go Route I've ever seen down the left sideline in man coverage.

Fitz threw it as far as he could and the pass would have been right on the money if TJ knew how to run this route like a professional. He slowed down halfway into the route and started this amateur hand control battle with the corner and the pass dropped about 10 feet in front of him exactly where he should have been.

For the 69th overall pick in last year's draft, I don't know boys. He's NOT a field stretcher or a great route runner or sure handed.. I'd rather see Easley in there, he can't be worse.

I definitely did not want him and he was brutal today and has done little this season but he is only a rookie and we can only hope he gets better ... Foles or Wilson would be looking good in a Bills Jersey right now ... :doh: ok time to wake up.

that would be too easy

Yeah, there were no pass catching TEs in the draft either so we HAD TO trade up and get a track star :wallbash:

Too soon to give up on him...WR and DT are the hardest positions to do well early in their careers...That said we need a true number 1 becasue Stevie is a great #2 maybe the best in the league, but they need a Calvin Johnson, a Andre Johnson, a guy who is open and can make a play when he is not open like Nix has been fond of saying.

Dwayne Bowe and C Patterson would be a great 1-2.

I said earlier in the year that TJ was stinking up the place because he dropped some passes then and also couldn't get open....of course people on here said that it was Fitz' fault for not getting him the ball more effectively. Well, now I'm saying again....the guy stinks. What a horrible reach pick. He has terrible hands and cost the team yesterday. Chan was really down on him on his WGR show this morning.

Correct answer. Before yesterday, his hands have been fine. Let's see what year 2 brings before we hate him.

When the Bills drafted Graham I joked, you mean TY Hilton not TJ Graham.

Graham was lower on my radar than Tommy Streeter. It was a weird pick at the time.

The pick led directly to a L in the Pats game so it has to go down and was one of the worst picks in Bills history so far, and that is saying something.

Seriously, did they think they were drafting TY Hilton? It could have been one collosal screw up that may come out years latter.

I didn't make the same mistake in my dynasty league. I snatched Hilton up in the 3rd round of the expansion draft. Luck loves him some Hilton and hopefully will continue for years to come.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Correct answer. Before yesterday, his hands have been fine. Let's see what year 2 brings before we hate him.

I think it completely fair to hate him and let his play prove otherwise.

I've hated him since draft day. Still do.

He didn't have a great game today...but I think he has shown some signs that he has some game...and all those "drops" were not of the "great pass, no hands"variety... it happens... just another miserable performance all the way around from this team.

This x 1billion!

I honestly think, with a competent coach, this team, with the same talent, could be 8-6 or 9-5 right now. Fitz is not an upper echelon QB... but despite all evidence to the contrary, Gailey keeps calling games as though Fitz is the second coming of Joe Montana. A good offensive coach knows how to hide his weaknesses....Chan just exposes them, making it all that much easier to beat this team. I am ashamed to say, I really thought, after 2010, the Bills might have fallen into some dumb luck with the hiring of Gailey....but now I realize, there was no luck involved, just dumbness. For some reason, I don't loathe Gailey as much as I did Dick Jauron after three seasons....but he is pretty close... it's not the man, just his performances on Sunday afternoons.

Agree 100% with proper game management this team would be atleast 8-6 and sitting in the wild card spot.

The talent is there now. With Jauron there was no talent.

I agree though I don't loathe Gailey, I did loathe Jauron. I don't wknow hy. I think because with Nix and Gailey you don't feel lied to. They're as straight forward and honest as any GM/coach have ever been in the NFL.

The only hope is that we get a higher potential retread or cast off next time around at HC. With the talent on the roster a higher caliber coach may be interested.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Agree 100% with proper game management this team would be atleast 8-6 and sitting in the wild card spot.

The talent is there now. With Jauron there was no talent.

I agree though I don't loathe Gailey, I did loathe Jauron. I don't wknow hy. I think because with Nix and Gailey you don't feel lied to. They're as straight forward and honest as any GM/coach have ever been in the NFL.

The only hope is that we get a higher potential retread or cast off next time around at HC. With the talent on the roster a higher caliber coach may be interested.

The bolded part is just not true, no matter how many times you repeat it. Much of the "talent" is the same as it was--same guys. The rest was traded away for guys who aren't much better. The draft picks haven't changed the outcome and Graham is a prime example of a completely wasted opportunity and an egrgious error in judgement by an out of touch Nix.

Oh, and Gailey lied to you about that QB sneak on first down. And Nix lied to you when he said he picked Gailey after getting 15 calls a day regarding the HC job.

So, what happened then?!?!? I'd say he's looking a lot like James Hardy right about now.

Strengths: Graham is explosive, can stretch the field and make big plays. He finds holes in zone coverage and makes himself a target. Against off coverage he is quick off the snap, gets to top speed and eludes defenders. He rarely drops passes or fumbles. His athletic ability and versatility make him a threat as a return man.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/draft/2012/round/3/pick/6

When the Bills drafted Graham I joked, you mean TY Hilton not TJ Graham.

Graham was lower on my radar than Tommy Streeter. It was a weird pick at the time.

You wonder if Buddy was just following the Al Davis model for drafting: pick the fastest guy and watch him run.

I didn't like the pick at the time that it was made but wanted to give Nix/Gailey the benefit of the doubt.

So far the pick looks pretty bad. To summarize all the points made in this thread:

1) The Bills could have picked TJ Graham's quarterback, Russell Wilson.

2) The Bills could have picked a better wide receiver in TY Hilton.

3) The Bills burned a 7th rounder to move up two spots to draft Graham.

4) When I watched video of Graham after he was drafted I was very underwhelmed by his game speed. Regardless of his stop watch time I (contrary to some others) didn't think he looked very fast.

5) As far as laughable, Nix in a GR interview last week mentioned Dalton and AJ Green who are ironically two guys the Bills could have drafted. In that same interview he mentioned that the team needed a fast, field-stretching receiver.

I think Russell Wilson would be a better WR than Graham.

You do realize TJ Graham was a WR at NC State when Russell Wilson was there? And when it was our turn to pick, we took the wr who ran a good 40 over the qb that was great in college. Or I guess maybe TJ made the Qb. ahaha-- good call Buddy.

How does he have a job still.

Good point - we obviously scouted a lot of Wilson - and the Bills are simply too incompetant to see how good of a player he was.

I said it to my brother and all my friends all damn season (last years college season that is) - if Russel Wilson was 6'3'' he was a top 5 LOCK - undisputed, probly 3rd overall pick, maybe even 2nd overall over RG3. Yet bc he is short he last until the third.

How can an idiot like me see that from watching just a few games on cable TV and a million dollar man in Nix with all the fancy game tapes cant see it? WTF!!!!

Im getting so !@#$ing pissed at this team im going crazy

Edited by peterpan

4) When I watched video of Graham after he was drafted I was very underwhelmed by his game speed. Regardless of his stop watch time I (contrary to some others) didn't think he looked very fast.

This was my reaction too. "You guys just traded to move up to pick up a guy who looked very pedestrian playing for NC State? Couldn't they at least find one draft-worthy highlight?"

This was my reaction too. "You guys just traded to move up to pick up a guy who looked very pedestrian playing for NC State? Couldn't they at least find one draft-worthy highlight?"

And I've said this many times but some of these personnel guys need to lay off the stopwatch.

Some of these players run much slower when they've got a helmet, shoulder pads, football pants and cleats on with a ball tucked under their arm.

Easley was suppose to be that guy i thought but they will leave him on the bench & never find out what he can do at game speed which some play faster & bigger in games than others .

Then b/c he can't get game time we will trade him with the excuse he just wasn't coming along after investing 4 years in the guy & he will go to another team & become one of the better WR in the league b/c our staff hasn't got fore site or the B**** to give the guy a shot ...

And we wonder why we can't get into the play offs for 13 years !! Bring back Pollian PLEASE !!!!!!!!

You do realize TJ Graham was a WR at NC State when Russell Wilson was there? And when it was our turn to pick, we took the wr who ran a good 40 over the qb that was great in college. Or I guess maybe TJ made the Qb. ahaha-- good call Buddy.

How does he have a job still.

Wilson was my pick this year , a QB in the later rounds with a spectacular college career & i thought the next Flutie or better.

But as you pointed out we take the guy that could only do as good as the QB that fed him & had a mediocre career in college at best.

I think our draft guys should be the next to go, this has been happening for years now & the draft team besides the few that have changed remains the same.

This year though they will pull the trigger on Barkley or Jones & we will be screwed for the next 5 years b/c we'll blow a high pick on a apparent less than elite QB ...

This in spades. Let's review the Seattle game. 43 pass attempts and averaged 5.0 yards per. Only 21 run attempts and averaged 5.6 yards per. Yet Gailey is too stubborn to change his game plan. This has been the same sorry story all year. TJ Graham is garbage. Waste of a pick.

You guys are comical

When TJ graham was drafted he was a "project that was rough around the edges"

and now just because he has a bad game you guys are jumping all over him?

- Our coaching sucks

- Our QB sucks

Lets pile on the rookie......who hardly even gets used.....and blame him because he has a bad game. riiiiight

You guys are comical

When TJ graham was drafted he was a "project that was rough around the edges"

and now just because he has a bad game you guys are jumping all over him?

- Our coaching sucks

- Our QB sucks

Lets pile on the rookie......who hardly even gets used.....and blame him because he has a bad game. riiiiight

You forget to add

-Our Drafting sucks.

Which leads us to the problem of trading up to draft TJ Graham.

This in spades. Let's review the Seattle game. 43 pass attempts and averaged 5.0 yards per. Only 21 run attempts and averaged 5.6 yards per. Yet Gailey is too stubborn to change his game plan. This has been the same sorry story all year. TJ Graham is garbage. Waste of a pick.

if you go back and look at the drive summaries, after the bills drove to score their first TD where CJ had that really nice run for the TD, what does Gailey call the next time we get the ball?? 3 pass plays. 1 was dropped by Graham, and another was thrown to CJ's feet by Fitz. 3 !@#$ing pass plays, and we punt. :wallbash:

Chan has to go. My dog can step on the PS3 controller and manage a better selection of offensive plays.

Edited by bobobonators