braylon edwards: "sanchez is a beast"; should bills consider?

Braylon Edwards called jets decision makers "idiots" blaming them for Sanchez benching. He said Sanchez is a "beast" and will prove it given the proper opportunity.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=0ap1000000105772&template=blank&confirm=true

I've never been a Sanchez fan, but I have to admit the way they intended to use him this year subbing tebow in the red zone was "idiotic." Yes he's regressed from his first 2 seasons but why? If jets part ways with him should we give him a look? At a minimum he can be expected to deliver better performances against jets than we've been accustomed to lately. If that adds 2 division wins that alone is huge.

Thoughts?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Braylon Edwards' word is good enough for me, sign him up!

In all seriousness, Sanchez is not as bad as he's been made to look by the Jets this season, but I still consider him an average to below-average QB and the Bills already have one of those. Sanchez is not a guy who lifts his teammates and that's what you need in a QB to win in this league.

Had a QB in his 1st and 2nd year combined ever taken a team farther ?

Didn't Big Ben win a SB?

Braylon Edwards' word is good enough for me, sign him up!

In all seriousness, Sanchez is not as bad as he's been made to look by the Jets this season, but I still consider him an average to below-average QB and the Bills already have one of those. Sanchez is not a guy who lifts his teammates and that's what you need in a QB to win in this league.

Didn't Big Ben win a SB?

Yes so ben did him one better. still that's some elite company to be hanging with.

Had a QB in his 1st and 2nd year combined ever taken a team farther ?

Sanchez did not carry the team those years. They had a very strong running game and a top defense that contributed to their winning seasons. When those went away the last two seasons, we have seen the real Sanchez emerge. Even if he no longer can find a starting gig , Sanchez has immortalized himself this year with his "ass-fumble"

Sanchez did not carry the team those years. They had a very strong running game and a top defense that contributed to their winning seasons. When those went away the last two seasons, we have seen the real Sanchez emerge. Even if he no longer can find a starting gig , Sanchez has immortalized himself this year with his "ass-fumble"

Well maybe not so fast. He utilized edwards and Holmes well and I thought it was a mistake for them not finding a way to keep edwards. And in his first season back from jail he made plaxico productive with 600 yard and 8 TDs. Holmes is a problem and acted up at the first sign of trouble last year, which didn't make Sanchez job any easier. And this year the tebow-sub lunacy, no running game and Holmes injury after he'd finally simmered down, I just don't see any QB excelling in that situation.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

fitz & sanchez have the exact same problem.....they throw a horrible deep ball....deal killer !!

One thing they both seem to suffer from is vision. Both listed at 6'2" I'd think that would be enough. Unless you're a flat out burner like RG3, is the new standard for QBs 6'4" or greater like both mannings, Brady and luck?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Sanchez has been victimized by the perfect storm of no weapons, a poor offensive line and a bad OC. He looked pretty good against the Bills on several occasions and knows what it's like to beat NE often. This is definitely the lowest point of his career. He will be better as he just has all the tools.

That being said, he doesn't seem like a leader. It doesn't seem like he commands the huddle like the good ones do. Bring him in for a look? Absolutely. He's far more skilled than Fitz and has a higher ceiling. Rely on him being the guy? No way. He is damaged goods at this point and he can either go the way of Trent Edwards or the way of Jim Plunkett.

fitz & sanchez have the exact same problem.....they throw a horrible deep ball....deal killer !!

The NFL these days is not a vertical passing game. Yes you should still be able to occasionally throw it deep. It's a low percentage throw that is not the basis of any good offense. Most great offenses now are are those 7-10 yard throws and all run after the catch. The day of the Long ball is dead.

As far as Sanchez goes as a Jets fan told me yesterday. If Sanchez has great protection he can make plays. However when you take away the all world oline and need the guy to do something he can't. It would pretty much give us a similar less mobile version of what we have now. If we where gonna raid Jets offensive players. I wouldn't mind Dustin Keller to give us a good receiving te to pair with Chandler.

Edited by Stealth

It's evident that Sanchez has to rely on a good, consistent running game to be succesful. He's at his best when the down and distance reasonable for him to use his best asset, the PA. He's very erratic in his throws and when things go south he doesn't have the ability to rise to the top.

His game is different than Fitzpatricks but we would be in the same predicament we are right now. We wouldn't be able to win football games because of the inconsistency at the QB position.

It's evident that Sanchez has to rely on a good, consistent running game to be succesful. He's at his best when the down and distance reasonable for him to use his best asset, the PA. He's very erratic in his throws and when things go south he doesn't have the ability to rise to the top.

His game is different than Fitzpatricks but we would be in the same predicament we are right now. We wouldn't be able to win football games because of the inconsistency at the QB position.

Its true that play action is his best asset. I always thought of him as a glorified Jake plummer. But isn't "Jake plummer only better" worth considering ?

As far as winning games Sanchez had no problem with that when he had a strong defense , running game and good WR corp. I believe we can offer all that going forward.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Its true that play action is his best asset. I always thought of him as a glorified Jake plummer. But isn't "Jake plummet only better" worth considering ?

I don't see that comparison, Plummer had better mobility, could run and throw on the run. Now that I think about it, I don't know what QB of the past compares with Sanchez.

I don't see that comparison, Plummer had better mobility, could run and throw on the run. Now that I think about it, I don't know what QB of the past compares with Sanchez.

The play action, roll out right. Sanchez can do that too but I think can do more than just that , can't say the same for plummer. That's why shannie soured on him

Braylon Edwards called jets decision makers "idiots" blaming them for Sanchez benching. He said Sanchez is a "beast" and will prove it given the proper opportunity.

http://www.nfl.com/n...nk&confirm=true

I've never been a Sanchez fan, but I have to admit the way they intended to use him this year subbing tebow in the red zone was "idiotic." Yes he's regressed from his first 2 seasons but why? If jets part ways with him should we give him a look? At a minimum he can be expected to deliver better performances against jets than we've been accustomed to lately. If that adds 2 division wins that alone is huge.

Thoughts?

WHAT THE H*LL ARE YOU SMOKING ?? This guy as with most all of the recent QB's that have come out of USC are mediocre at best NO NO & NO we need to get our own QB preferably from the SEC T . WIlson , Bray any one but a USC or california QB !!

Remember the last california QB we had HE SUCKED !! Again , NO NO & HELL NO !!!!

Besides with Alex Smith , Mike Vick & Matt Moore possibly being available at the end of this year why pull that trigger & what makes Braylon Edwards a great evaluator of QB talent ??

Edited by T master

I would not touch Sanchez with a ten foot pole. Not as a starter, not as a backup. Worst starting QB in the AFC east. Won because of the Rex Ryan defensive system and a better running attack. I want a backup that is young with an unknown ceiling. Sanchez is not a starter. Neither is Braylon Edwards. Fitz is barely a starter himself but I would still take Fitz over Sanchez.

WHAT THE H*LL ARE YOU SMOKING ?? This guy as with most all of the recent QB's that have come out of USC are mediocre at best NO NO & NO we need to get our own QB preferably from the SEC T . WIlson , Bray any one but a USC or california QB !!

Remember the last california QB we had HE SUCKED !! Again , NO NO & HELL NO !!!!

Besides with Alex Smith , Mike Vick & Matt Moore possibly being available at the end of this year why pull that trigger & what makes Braylon Edwards a great evaluator of QB talent ??

Matt Flynn? Seattle doesn't need him with Russell Wilson as the heir apparent. I wouldn't overpay but bring him in as competition for Fitz?

Last year Brunell's son played Jr football with my friends son in NJ & said Sanchez has all the tools but "can't read defenses", period.

I think this is the big knock against Sanchize. With that pop-gun offense, they shouldn't be allowed to call themselves the Jets. Sanchez runs an extremely simple offense and has his whole pro career. If the Bills are going to keep Gailey and his offense, Sanchez would be a horrible fit. For Gailey, the ability to read pre-snap and find the right match-up is critical. Fitz normally does this but just can't make the throws. Sanchez would just be lost from day one.

I think Vick has similar problems that get masked by Andy Reid's offense. He doesn't do a lot of pre-snap reading of the defense and has a limited progression once the play starts. He too would be killed in Gailey's offense.

The Bills need a QB with a good brain, good accuracy and an average arm. A player like Drew Brees would be perfect but not realistic. Given the options in FA, Alex Smith or Matt Flynn are likely the best choices. Neither has a cannon but both look like they are accurate. Flynn ran a reasonably complex offense (for one game) in GB. Smith has had a new offense just about every year of his pro career. Maybe he would fit in WNY.

Sanchez totally sucks. He is bad. Seems to hate getting hit more than any other quarterback. Freaks out if his first option isn't open and is likely to throw it into coverage anyway. When the talent around him went down, it became obvious that he could not make up the difference. I wouldn't put him on a practice squad. I'll be happy if the Jets keep him.

Thoughts?

:lol:

I'd have no problem bringing him in to be part of a QB competition. If he beats out Fitz, so be it

I think we just don't understand here, that bringing in retread QB to "compete" for a starting job does cost the team in terms of divided reps and so forth.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see the Bills bring in new QB. But I want him to be a QB that has the potential to be elite, not a proven middle-of-the-pack NFL QB.

I've seen enough out of Sanchez to persuade me he is not in that elite category, nor likely to become so.

Edit: Flacco is better than Sanchez, but still....we whine and sob that we don't have a "game changer" at QB who can lift up the team, then lust after every mediocre or struggling QB in the league. I doan gettit.

Edited by Hopeful

Thoughts?

Hell no, can we have Tebow instead.

Yes so ben did him one better. still that's some elite company to be hanging with.

Can we get Roethlisberger too :thumbsup: