Kirk Morrison cut

ny33

OL help is on the way!

The Bills re-signed the eighth-year player to a two-year, $4 million contract in March to provide them a veteran backup behind Nick Barnett. This leaves the Bills extremely weak in O-Line depth as well as veteran LB help. Will be changing Positional Needs accordingly.

Looking like OC is a P3 need.

Given Wood's injuries 3 out of 4 years, here's a New Draft to consider (using DraftTek's Simulator):

1 13 Buffalo Barrett Jones OC Alabama

2 44 Buffalo E.J. Manuel QB Florida State

3 75 Buffalo Cornellius "Tank" Carradine DE43 Florida State

4 107 Buffalo Kenny Stills WR Oklahoma

5 139 Buffalo DeVonte Holloman OLB43 South Carolina

6 172 Buffalo Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio State

7 200 Buffalo Alec Lemon WR Syracuse

I am thankful for this. Not because what it means to the Bills but for Morrison. The guy is a great fella, a good player, and pure class. Good luck Kirk!

Agreed, I'd like to have a beer with the guy and get his perspective of kind of being a Buffalo Bill. I'll bet he's happy to be gone, and get paid for the remainder of the year.

You are right. No other team cuts players.

PTR

How many teams sign a healthy vet, keep him inactive through 12 weeks, then cut him because he's "too slow"? That's bad personnel assessment and roster management, especially when you know exactly what you have in the guy. I like Morrison; I blame the organization, not him, as minor as this is in the scheme of the Bills' management.

Anyone that is crapping all over Kirk Morrison should go take a look at his twitter feed. He is a stand up class guy.

No one's dumping on him. Just don't care that he's gone. The guy didn't play all year. And he may be a great guy, but I'm not shedding any tears for a guy that pocketed $2 million this year to practice.

How many teams sign a healthy vet, keep him inactive through 12 weeks, then cut him because he's "too slow"? That's bad personnel assessment and roster management, especially when you know exactly what you have in the guy. I like Morrison; I blame the organization, not him, as minor as this is in the scheme of the Bills' management.

He came into the season as the starter and lost his job 2 times over. It's not like they never gave him a chance or anything close to that.

He came into the season as the starter and lost his job 2 times over. It's not like they never gave him a chance or anything close to that.

He should have been cut earlier in the season. Not much changes from week 1 to week 12 with a healthy, veteran starter.

He should have been cut earlier in the season. Not much changes from week 1 to week 12 with a healthy, veteran starter.

I don't get what the big deal is. He was an insurance policy at LB, and he now needed to be cut because we've run out of offensive linemen.

I don't understand what is happening at OBD. I don't care either way about him getting cut, but the way they are handling these roster spots this year is laughable.

Did you click on the link?

He was cut because he was "too slow?" Where did you get that from?

I don't get what the big deal is. He was an insurance policy at LB, and he now needed to be cut because we've run out of offensive linemen.

Thank you. Anyone bothering to read the link would have seen that the Bills need O-linemen due to the injuries to Wood and Hairston.

Did you click on the link?

He was cut because he was "too slow?" Where did you get that from?

Thank you. Anyone bothering to read the link would have seen that the Bills need O-linemen due to the injuries to Wood and Hairston.

http://wgr550.com/two-bills-drive/14935147

The link doesn't mention anything about his being too slow, but from the subheading on the TBD front page: 'Morrison was supposed to start at outside linebacker, but it was obvious during training camp he was too slow for the move. Arthur Moats won the job and later surrendered it to rookie. Nigel Bradham.'

I understand that Morrison was cut to get depth on the o-line. My point is this: it was clear that Morrison had no role on this team throughout the season. Given the various injuries- none as severe as the current situation- we've had to the o-line, why didn't we sign someone when Rinehart went on IR? Yes, it's a minor qualm, but Morrison's spot seems to have been pointless throughout the year. I believe we could have stashed better depth from the scrap heap if we had cut him several weeks ago.

Personally it's much ado about nothing, IMO.

He was expensive veteran insurance. He didn't dress in any game this year but he willingly re-signed with the club after the 2011 season.

Would people prefer we had cheap inexperienced players getting scratched on game day?

There's a lot of legit stuff for people to complain about more than criticizing the team for keeping or cutting Morrison.

He's quite a good interview and seems like a good guy. It's said that he has aspirations for a media career after he retires.

I wish him the best.

I don't know what's more predictable - people ragging any move by OBD, or PTR defending any move by OBD?

I'm not defending anything. I'm pointing out silly complaints about things all NFL teams do. There are so many things you can pin on OBD that make sense. Why come up with nonsense?

PTR

Nice. I'm hoping for a second punter though.

We need Rosen to verify this, but it's time to get a backup to Sanborne. He has been the one consistent on this team for years that hasn't changed or been challenged. It's time we step up and it starts with him! Sign competition immediately.

Given Wood's injuries 3 out of 4 years, here's a New Draft to consider (using DraftTek's Simulator):

Man, I was not impressed with EJ Manuel against Florida. Do not want.

Would love Barret Jones on this team, kid is a stud and can play all positions and please don't give us EJ I'll take Fitz over him any day.

I do like Stills. Stoneburner is a tweener at best, definitely not a TE. Can't argue Lemon's production.

Can't see center in round 1 or 2. Need more LBs, Oline.

I desperately hope that some major personnel changes are made this off season. Can you lay out the top 15-18 picks in this simulation?