For those who want to throw in the towel on the season...

Not only are the Bills tied (record-wise, not tie breaker) for the AFC East lead, but they have the 4th best record in the AFC and tied (record-wise) for a wild card. The Bills have problems, they don't look good, but right now they are still in the thick of it. The rest of the AFC is not running away from us, not yet anyway.

One game at a time.

PTR

Because a win over the Cardinals automatically removes blowout losses in three of their first 6, including 2 division rivals. I want to see this team against Houston and New England before anyone declares them improved or on the path to the playoffs.

Not sold, at all. We beat two horrible teams, and got lucky today. We got beat like an abused wife against good teams.

If we some how back into the playoffs with this sort of record, I'll laugh. I'll still root for our team, but c'mon, we don't deserve to be in the running at all.

Not sold, at all. We beat two horrible teams, and got lucky today. We got beat like an abused wife against good teams.

If we some how back into the playoffs with this sort of record, I'll laugh. I'll still root for our team, but c'mon, we don't deserve to be in the running at all.

No style points for wins. Not asking you to buy in. Just saying we are, as of week 6, in the hunt.

PTR

Right now, I am assuming they are 4-5 when they play Miami on Thursday Night. Beating Houston or New England seems about as realistic as winning the Super Bowl. Indy, Rams and Titans seems to be the 3 easiest games by a mile. Buffalo HAS to beat a team that they have no biz beating if they want playoff talk to become real. They still can't beat teams like Miami and the Jets so Fitz has to at least play like back-up instead of a 3rd stringer.

Not only are the Bills tied (record-wise, not tie breaker) for the AFC East lead, but they have the 4th best record in the AFC and tied (record-wise) for a wild card. The Bills have problems, they don't look good, but right now they are still in the thick of it. The rest of the AFC is not running away from us, not yet anyway.

One game at a time.

PTR

Were are on are way to 8-8, next year 10-6 :thumbsup:

Hey in this league you take whatever you can get, next we might be 4-3

We could easily be 3-13 too. But this week we are in the hunt.

PTR

geszz Promo, throwing water on your own hope parade.

One game at a time.

PTR

To suggest that this team is in the thick of it is turning a blind eye to the reality of just how much trouble this franchise is in. Yes statistically they remain in the "hunt" but believing they are a quality team is delusional.

In spite of all of my cynicism, I can't just throw in the towel this season. So we're not elite...I still think we're better than the Phins, and better than the jets without holmes and Revis. If we can beat the Titans and go 4-3 into our bye, we have an entirely winnable stretch of games to finish out the season. 10-6...chancy, but maybe.

To suggest that this team is in the thick of it is turning a blind eye to the reality of just how much trouble this franchise is in. Yes statistically they remain in the "hunt" but believing they are a quality team is delusional.

I don't think anybody believes they are a quality team. My hope is that maybe, just maybe, the rest of the league is so mediocre that the Bills have a chance. After 12 years of no playoffs I'll take getting there any way I can. If 8-8 gets the Bills to the playoffs I'll take it.

Right now it appears there are two quality teams in the AFC - Houston and Baltimore (and Houston is in the process of getting their as$es handed to them at home.) Everybody else is pretty mediocre, at least at this point.

The Bills season is like taking a trip to the moon with no food. Sure, we'll get there, but it won't end well. Play-offs or not, without a QB who, in the very least, can act as a game manager, we won't be better than 7-9. I've seen this play out before.

And, btw, tonight's win was a gift. For all intents and purposes, this game was gift-wrapped for the Cards to win. By dumb luck, the Bills won. Even a dead clock is right twice per day. I have never been so dissatisfied by a win as I am tonight.

Edited by kas23

1) Never said the team was "quality"

2) If you already know how this will turn out, head to Vegas asap.

PTR

Too many medicore teams in the AFC. The Bills can make the playoffs. Wait until the 12th game before counting them out. Green Bay crushed the AFC favorite Houston. There so many teams with uneven talent. Will they go far in the playoffs? NO. Please draft good LBS or a strong armed QB.

2) If you already know how this will turn out, head to Vegas asap.

PTR

I don't know the details, but I know how this is going to turn out. If we had achieved our record by beating at least 1 team with a hint of talent, I would agree with you. But, sadly, we are not even in the same league as NE, GB, San Fran, or, yes, even the Jets. We are the best of the NFL's basement warriors.

I don't know the details, but I know how this is going to turn out. If we had achieved our record by beating at least 1 team with a hint of talent, I would agree with you. But, sadly, we are not even in the same league as NE, GB, San Fran, or, yes, even the Jets. We are the best of the NFL's basement warriors.

As you typed this, the Texans are getting blown out by the 2-3 Packers and earlier today, the NYG walked into Candlestick Park and blew the doors off of the same 49ers who killed us last week. This early in the season, teams are still developing. These next four to five games will reveal the pretenders from the contenders.

If Chan can figure a way to have CJ become the complete and unquestioned focal point of our offense and limit Fitz's throws, then I say we have a good shot at the playoffs

Do you think they will pay onwhether or not the Bills will make the playoffs? Can that bet be made? I'm ready....

Might be to late to place a bet on the Bills not making the playoffs, but you could just bet the Bills to lose every game.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

All this win did was ensure my having no faith in Chan Gailey, and this coaching staff. The Bills won despite the bad play calls, poor QB play. The reality is the Bills beat another bad team with a QB worse then their own.

If Gailey can stop calling empty backfield shotgun pass plays, and run the ball more often...those things could certainly change my overall outlook for the rest of the season.

One game at a time.

PTR

All that is true...

But the way they are playing, and being Coached, right now they have zero chance of making the Playoffs...They have a QB who looks awful, a Defense that has tackling problems among other things, injury issues on both lines, and Coaches without a clue at times...

Can they turn it around? No question...But based on the way they look right now I'm going to be guarded with ANY optimism...I've learned my lesson... B-)

The season was on a respirator going into this week, with the win we are still alive but we are far from strong. The Titans at home is a must win the way I prognosticate the season is we have a brutal middle part of the schedule the first 3 games (Jets, Chiefs, Browns) was pretty easy (Which is why I thought that that loss to the Jets was so bad because had we started out 3-0 it would have put the team in a much better position to survive the middle portion of the schedule).

But after a relatively easy first 3 weeks we then had a brutal part of the schedule with the Pats*, 49ers (Away), Arizona (Away Which looked like an easy game but suddenly turned into a not so easy matchup), Titans (Which is win-able but much more so a toss up), Houston (Away), and Pats* (Away). That's a 6 game stretch that's just brutal, two west coast games the Pats* twice plus another tough top AFC team in the Texans away.

But then the last 7 games of the schedule looks much better Miami twice (Not a slam dunk we should be favored type game but games that the Bills could win without it being considered a major upset), Jacksonville at home (A team that we matchup well against a game we should win), @Indy (A game we could win, Luck is a rookie and the Colts D isn't very good), St.Louis (A home game we should be favored to win), Seattle (In Toronto a game that we will likely be underdogs in but its not hard to see a victory going up against a rookie QB), and @Jets (A Jets team that blew us out but is now missing Revis and Holmes and could be torn apart by Tebow by week 17 a game that like Miami we can win)

Even at 4-5 we could go 5-2 in the last 7 games (Jacksonville and St.Louis we should be favored to win, and the Colts, Fins, and Jets games are more than winable, even Seattle is not impossible) which would put us at 9-7 a winning record and a crack at the playoffs.

I almost feel like Fitz's inconsistency provides hope. If he can be the QB down the stretch he was at the beginning of last year, we may have a chance. lol.

Love that we're in the playoffs as of right now!

Edited by BlueFire

Well, truthfully, one glimmer of hope is that the Texans could have easily lost much wrose and GB could have easily put up 50+ points on their GREAT defense today. If it can happen to them once, it could happen to us twice.. Just sayin. Not drinking kool aide, I know Fitz can't throw more than 20 yards in any direction, but we are 3 - 3 .. :)

Tim-

If we had achieved our record by beating at least 1 team with a hint of talent, I would agree with you.

Coming into today's game the Lards were 4-1. They had won 12 of their last 16 or something like that. This year they have beaten Seattle, Patriots, Miami, and the Eagles. they had only give up 78 points in 5 games. They are no slouch. We weathered a big self induced storm at the end. This was a quality win against a quality opponent. We took it from them in their own house.

Count me with PTR. A loss by 42 counts the same in the standing as a loss by 1.

We're in it until we're not in it.

There are no style points in football.

Might be to late to place a bet on the Bills not making the playoffs, but you could just bet the Bills to lose every game.

PTR

Good idea! Except they always include a spread. Straight up make/not make playoffs (what we are all really discussing) this team is a !@#$ing loooooserrrrrr!

I almost feel like Fitz's inconsistency provides hope. If he can be the QB down the stretch he was at the beginning of last year, we may have a chance. lol.

Love that we're in the playoffs as of right now!

These kind of posts make me really sad. As someone that was a fan through the Kelly Era, it's just feels pathetic to think this is the standard for current Bills fans.

Edited by Geno Smith's Arm