I'm excited to have Kelsay starting again!

I know that Chris Kelsay is a favorite target for bashing on this site, but I'm excited to have him back on the field. Say what you will about his overall production (which I do not think is really that horrible) the guy has been a staple for this team season after season and gives his heart and soul to this team, and he does it for less money than many other lesser players would in Buffalo. Having him and his leadership back on the field will be huge. He also brings that passion that, from other posts, many of you say is missing from this team. He never quits on a play, and may have even more succes with Williams, Dareus, and Williams garnering much of the attention from opposing OLs. He really had some good games at the end of last year as a starter (7 Tackles and a sack against Miami, 10 tackles and 3 sacks against Denver) and I expect solid, with an occasional exceptional, performances from him for the remainder of this year as he is penciled in as the starter.

Edited by DisplacedBillsFan

All Chris Kelsay knows is how to lose, this is an indisputable fact.

The guy keeps his mouth shut and plays football. Actually, he plays football hard, and at times, at a very high level.

In a sports world full of thugs and cry babies, I'll take this any day.

Chris Kelsay is the definition of blue collar; an underdog that goes to work every day and puts in his time no matter what other people are saying and not concerned that he may not be quite as physically gifted as the next guy. You think being Buffalo fans and from the area more of you would appreciate that.

The guy keeps his mouth shut and plays football. Actually, he plays football hard, and at times, at a very high level.

In a sports world full of thugs and cry babies, I'll take this any day.

Chris Kelsay is the definition of blue collar; an underdog that goes to work every day and puts in his time no matter what other people are saying and not concerned that he may not be quite as physically gifted as the next guy. You think being Buffalo fans and from the area more of you would appreciate that.

Betcha he takes his job back and MW goes to the right side. Now that would be interesting. Kelsey much more stout vs the run and Kelsey's motor from the left side with his hand in the dirt is without question. I think MW is just about back ... I have a good feeling about this game. I really do.

i am confused again. So some peoples here think Kelsay is a positive addition?

World upside down i tell you!

Defensive line is really a NEW line. Dareus played all of last year. the only returning starter, considering Kyle was out early in season.

Move Kelsay over, move Barnett , change to 4-3. Young and experienced linebackers. corners

Heck these guys are just getting to know each other. and struggling obviously.

They should have had Kelsay as the starter all along and played every first down. period.

He may not stat up but he brings consistent play and doesnt stop working.

He is a good leader by his work. no star and still drive me crazy with that assignment to curl as the QB steps up. aaargh

Edited by 3rdand12

Kelsay is the best post-game quote reporters typically get after losses. He's good for not criticizing anyone while saying they need to work harder the following week. I honestly believe you could tape his reaction after some defeats and play them every time they lose.

Kelsay is the best post-game quote reporters typically get after losses. He's good for not criticizing anyone while saying they need to work harder the following week. I honestly believe you could tape his reaction after some defeats and play them every time they lose.

Plus I've heard he's got a cool lunch pail.

I agree. When Kelsay has his hand down on the line he can be very good.

The Kelsay era has been a huge success!!! With success like this, what does failure look like?

The bar has been lowered so low that Bills fans are now cheering mediocrity. Yeah!

Kelsay will be fine. Should be better against the run than Anderson. Carrington should start at DE though.

I ahve said this a few times. Nothing against Kelsay, he has produced more for us in the past than Mario and Anderson have combined, but Carrington seems to be out performing Darues on the inside. Considering his experience on the outside, and even at LB (lol) I think he should have a shot to start at DE. He can do what Mario does and maybe even better.

Well what has Mark Anderson really done so far? He is a situational pass rusher who had a fluky 10 sack season last year.

I'm not a Kelsay fan btw. Just stating that the guy he is replacing hasn't done ****.

False. Anderson has been the best DE I've seen on this team since Merriman. He has 12 tackles, a sack, a run stuff, a pass defend and several QB pressures. Pay attention.

I know that Chris Kelsay is a favorite target for bashing on this site, but I'm excited to have him back on the field. Say what you will about his overall production (which I do not think is really that horrible) the guy has been a staple for this team season after season and gives his heart and soul to this team, and he does it for less money than many other lesser players would in Buffalo. Having him and his leadership back on the field will be huge. He also brings that passion that, from other posts, many of you say is missing from this team. He never quits on a play, and may have even more succes with Williams, Dareus, and Williams garnering much of the attention from opposing OLs. He really had some good games at the end of last year as a starter (7 Tackles and a sack against Miami, 10 tackles and 3 sacks against Denver) and I expect solid, with an occasional exceptional, performances from him for the remainder of this year as he is penciled in as the starter.

I'm right there with you brother Bill fan , all the negative stuff about this guy is crap !! He always as you pointed out never gives up on a play & just works his butt off for the TEAM ..

Besides Anderson did his best work last year for the Pats as a SITUATIONAL PASS RUSHER & i thing if our coaching staff would maybe take a lesson or 2 from those at the top of the NFL food chain once in a while as in this situation they might just learn something !!

But i'm with you can't wait to see if he brings more intensity back to the D line !!

We'll see some Kyle Moore as well in the DE rotation. He's a big dude with quickness.

Hey look we set an NFL all-time record for 300 yards rush 300 yards passing allowed last week.

All time. History of the NFL. Against an average offense. We should've had Bradham and Searcy and Moore and Delano Howell out there last week after the New England blowup. If we're going to not stop anyone, what do we have to lose except finding some talent on our own roster.

I just wanna see us make some freakin plays.

No sarcasm. Give the man some respect. He's been playing hard and producing. Saying he hasn't done s**t is a stretch. In 5 games he's produced as much as Kelsay has in 3 seasons (minus his Denver game).

I wouldn't say anyone on this defense is "producing". They are setting records for their inability to stop people. He is a part of this inept defense and was brought here to get sacks and pressure the QB. Opposing teams are setting records passing and receiving against them.

So no I'll stick with what I said, he and the rest of the D line are failing quite miserably.

If the D manages to put forth an effort and Arizona's 3rd string QB doesn't carve us up, it will be interesting to see who can explain why we DIDN'T set records.

Who starting for Az?

He will look a Pro Bowl QB when the Bills get done with him.