Wes Welker on the trading block?

Buffalo 66

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A third round pick? Seriously? You think that's what they would take?

It's all they're likely to get for him. His age and salary don't make it likely that they'd get more. I'm not sure they'd trade him to Buffalo though. I'm also not sure if he's the kind of player that's going to make a difference on the Bills to warrant giving up a third.

It's all they're likely to get for him. His age and salary don't make it likely that they'd get more. I'm not sure they'd trade him to Buffalo though. I'm also not sure if he's the kind of player that's going to make a difference on the Bills to warrant giving up a third.

Salary is negotiable. And what have we gotten with our 3rd rounders anyway? Other than a SB costing drop last year, he's the most clutch WR in the league. We don't have a clutch go-to WR.

Just speculation at this point. Multiple media sources have reportd this rumor; citing signing of Deion Branch and Welker's reduced workload as "evidence." I think it may happen.

Is this confirmed or just speculation ? Be funny after bradys comments how everything is fine etc. But it'd certainly be in character for the Kraft tyranny. If they could afford him i could see jets making a play.

When was the last time a team from one division traded their star player to another team in the same division? You think Belichick will want to face him twice a year? He's going to want to trade him to some team far far away so he doesn't have to deal with that mess.

He was getting open consistently when he was with the Dolphins. Well for the one game I saw him play.

I think he had the most total yards in the NFL for the time he was with the Dolphins, or some similar stat. He's been remarkably productive, even without Brady. But I have no idea if he's hit that age when he's started to decline.

When was the last time a team from one division traded their star player to another team in the same division? You think Belichick will want to face him twice a year? He's going to want to trade him to some team far far away so he doesn't have to deal with that mess.

McNabb to redskins. Packers gave up on favre he went to vikes. It happens. Pats traded Milloy to bills, got blasted game 1, returned favor game 16, and won super bowl. Id settle for that. Bottom line I don't think teams are as hung up on this "don't trade within division" thing. You give up on a guy cut your best deal and move on. Let dopey jets overpay for the privilege of making him team captain week they play pats. Something tells me pats are bigger than that

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Miami trading Wel-kah to NE? lol

NE will trade him in a heartbeat if they got a decent pick in return. He's an UFA after the season and NE will not resign him. That's why they need to act now; by the time Nov rolls around no one is going to give up a pick for a guy that'll be a FA in two months. I'd say a 3d is as good as they'll do right now.

Sure I'd like to have him in the Bills' lineup but I don't think he'll be worth the kind of money he's going to want in his new contract.

Welker is absolutely worth a 3 rounder. Just consider our last 10 yrs of 3rd rounders. It's not his size, his speed, but his change of direction, and football intelligence. He would automatically improve our team, and we would reap those rewards as well as inside info on the patsies for some time.

I loved him in miami and he has been the most impactful and durable WR in the league. Not sexy like fitzy or megaton, but just keeps moving the chains. If it is only the system and Brady is the reason for his success, why is it when they benches him did they go backwards in offense this year.

product of brady

I know what you mean...but I think, in some ways, it is just as much the other way around.

Welker was terrific with Miami... (some) people forget, before he went to New England, he was a very Tasker-esqe player for the fish... very high football IQ. I can't help but think not every guy of similar skills could accomplish what Welker has in New England...sure he benefited from Brady, but he certainly helped Brady a ton too.

I know what you mean...but I think, in some ways, it is just as much the other way around.

Welker was terrific with Miami... (some) people forget, before he went to New England, he was a very Tasker-esqe player for the fish... very high football IQ. I can't help but think not every guy of similar skills could accomplish what Welker has in New England...sure he benefited from Brady, but he certainly helped Brady a ton too.

I was very surprised when Miami let him walk. Is that when they drafted ginn?

McNabb to redskins. Packers gave up on favre he went to vikes. It happens. Pats traded Milloy to bills, got blasted game 1, returned favor game 16, and won super bowl. Id settle for that. Bottom line I don't think teams are as hung up on this "don't trade within division" thing. You give up on a guy cut your best deal and move on. Let dopey jets overpay for the privilege of making him team captain week they play pats. Something tells me pats are bigger than that

Favre was traded to the Jets, jets cut him and he signed with the vikes in FA. Milloy was a final cut after he couldnt be traded

You need to fact check, there are several easily noticeable errors there.

I was very surprised when Miami let him walk. Is that when they drafted ginn?

You seriously have to use google more or something, this is getting embarrassing.

I bet Welker would take a pay cut to stay with the Pats, rather than be traded to a non-contender if it came down to that. Dude's probably really hungry for a ring, and he knows his window of opportunity is closing. If he hits free agency after this season, that's a different story, since some contending team will likely pony up a reasonable offer for his services.

I bet Welker would take a pay cut to stay with the Pats, rather than be traded to a non-contender if it came down to that. Dude's probably really hungry for a ring, and he knows his window of opportunity is closing. If he hits free agency after this season, that's a different story, since some contending team will likely pony up a reasonable offer for his services.

Hey! Come to Busby's one of these Sundays...

Mcnabb to redskins even though it turrned out that he was done

Hey! Come to Busby's one of these Sundays...

(Hmm, firefox seems to have eaten my reply. Try #2:)

I'll definitely try to make it to Busby's for a game sometime this season, but right now it's hard for me even to make the games at Ixtapa. My 6yr old is in soccer Sunday a.m., and I'm helping coach the little rug-rats. I'm flying over to Pasadena right after practices, breaking a half-dozen traffic laws, just to catch the 2nd half of the Bills games. Santa Monica might as well be on the moon! :cry:

No chance he takes a discount to stay in NE. That relationship is over. He did them a favor by signing a tender early so he could show up to camp on time. They turned around and !@#$ed him up the ass. Not only that, but they were actively working to diminish his value on the open market till Hernandez got hurt.

There is no chance Welker would sacrifice any personal gain to stay in NE. He already did that once and got screwed. He'll be a pro on the field this year but lets hope that bad blood permeates through the Pats locker room and they all get a taste of how they will be treated contractually once they are on the wrong side of 30. They have created a problem where one didnt exist.

Edited by Thurmal34