My weekly prediction; Why I think the bills win and thoughts

So I'm 1-1 on my predictions.

Predicted a blow out against the Jets. I guess I thought we were who we thought we were. Huh?

Maybe the @ss spanking that we got week one was just the spanking we needed. HONESTLY. So in that respect, thanks New Jersey Jets. We played better Sunday. We addressed Fitzs' weakness by running first, passing 2nd. Our defense woke the hell up. We needed that. Again, a good @ass whipping is what they needed. Our whole d played with a spark. Even our #1 draft pick. He got beat towards the end, but it was over by then.

Please dont talk to me about Trent Richardson. Peyton Hillis, Jaamal Charles couldnt do anything on us, why would a rookie be able to? Welcome to the Nfl Trent.

Please dont talk to me about Brandon Weeny. He's still a rookie. While his accuracy could be better than Fitz, he's still a freaking rookie. Maybe Fitz is learning to be a game manager. Anyway, welcome to the Nfl Weeny. And c'mon he's no Caaaaaam or even RG6.

Reason #1-10 why we win big this weekend. CJ Thriller!

We win big 35-17

Edit: Andrew Luck looks like a prehistoric caveman

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

We'll win but not as high as you guys think. We'll beat the Brown Asses by 10, 27-17, and another 100+ yd game for Spiller. We'll shut down their run game, and agree on how we did shut down Charles, and did a decent job on Greene. Wheaden will not be able to execute on the short passing game that torched us in week 1

Chan said it after Sunday's game...they got their @ss handed to them by the Jets and everyone kicked dirt on them. They handed the Chiefs' @ss to them and they're on a pedestal. Neither of which is true.

How they play against the Browns will tell me a lot. This is a team they should beat.

Chan said it after Sunday's game...they got their @ss handed to them by the Jets and everyone kicked dirt on them. They handed the Chiefs' @ss to them and they're on a pedestal. Neither of which is true.

How they play against the Browns will tell me a lot. This is a team they should beat.

Agreed. And also the next week against the pats*, a team they shouldn't beat.

I predict I'm going to Albany to visit the inlaws, where I'll drink a few too many Stellas while watching the scores on my neice's laptop. And the Bills win. Fitz throws zero INTs again, but is also below the 200 mark in yards.

Are you a Good Fitz... or a Bad Fitz?

Based on the first two games, we don't know what to expect and anything can happen.

On paper, it seems like the Bills should be able to do as well as they did against KC.

It's a road game, which seems to be a problem for this team.

Bold Prediction: Bills 34, Browns 24.

Are you a Good Fitz... or a Bad Fitz?

Based on the first two games, we don't know what to expect and anything can happen.

On paper, it seems like the Bills should be able to do as well as they did against KC.

It's a road game, which seems to be a problem for this team.

Bold Prediction: Bills 34, Browns 24.

I was at the game, Fitz numbers were good, but......he was still the bad Fitz, he missed some throws in horrendous fashion. Notably the first throw of the game.

I'll Second that. Come the 2013 Draft, we're gonna have to Give up alot, because we need a 1st Round Top2 QB in the draft.

Actually wouldn't mind doing so. I think this team is finally in a position to make a big draft day move and sign a couple stop gap FA's to plug up a couple leaks.

I was at the game, Fitz numbers were good, but......he was still the bad Fitz, he missed some throws in horrendous fashion. Notably the first throw of the game.

He had some bad throws. But what about the td to chandler? Exactly where it was supposed to be. 2 tds no ints.

The throw to the shoe of chandler on the first pass of the game was bad. But it was the 1st pass, as you say. He eventually warmed up. He just needs to start faster.

It's a road game... that scares me.. should be a close game. 24-20 Bills.

You guys need to read my original post again. Dont care if they are hungry to win. Dont care if they dont want to be 0-3. No one does. But if you just dont have the complete talent, what can you do??? They will go 0-3.

A bad rookie qb will beat us? Their main weapon is their starting ROOKIE rb. Josh Cribbs or Massaquoio are the top wrs. Josh Cribbs is basically a better version of our Roscoe Parrish. Massadude is decent. Anyway, their qb is a rookie, which will make their wrs average.

I didnt even mention our oline in my original post. They are doing a fantastic job and will probably look better against a sad and defeated team.

Easy win. Oh and please stop with the road win stuff. If a team is better, that "tiny" edge shouldnt matter.

Browns games always scare me.

Still can't the 2009, 6-3 win by the Browns out of my head. You know the game in which their QB completed only two throws and STILL beat us.

If the past three or so games serves as anything, I expect a low-scoring FG-driven game. Bills 19 Browns 12.

That was 2009. This is 2012. I understand how they may scare you. But not this weekend.

Cleveland has a good O-line and Richardson is orders of magnitude better than any running back we've seen this year… in fact based on his performance against Cinci last week, Richardson might be the best running back we face this year.

Weeden is not a "bad rookie quarterback." He is simply a rookie quarterback. I like Weeden but his inexperience will ultimately work in our favor.

Cleveland has a very good defense, albeit they miss massive run stuffer Phil Taylor.

The Browns are at home.

They are desperate to get a win.

The Bills are favored by 3 points.

This will be another tough game.

I think the game will be pretty close before the Bills add a late score to pad the final margin.

Still can't the 2009, 6-3 win by the Browns out of my head. You know the game in which their QB completed only two throws and STILL beat us.

If the past three or so games serves as anything, I expect a low-scoring FG-driven game. Bills 19 Browns 12.

Shows u how good Trent Edwards was :rolleyes: see same GO BILLS!

From Tim Graham's Press Coverage Blog Post:

"The Browns are arguably the best 0-2 team in the league. They're three plays away from being 2-0. They could have beaten Philly and could have won last week against the Bengals. They've lost by a combined eight points in two weeks. "That's what the betting public is looking at right now."

And here's the type of Vegas analysis we hope to deliver in this series:

Teams that start a season 0-2 are 80-57-1 in Week Three against the spread, a .584 win percentage.

"If you base your betting on that kind of success, you have a pretty profitable bankroll," Staniszewski said.

The win percentage goes up to .642 when betting only the 0-2 underdogs.

For the record, Sunday's over/under total is 43 1/2.

The last time the Bills were road favorites was Week Four last year. The Cincinnati Bengals were 3-point underdogs and won outright, 23-20.

Keep in mind also that it's been 8 games and counting and over one calendar year since the Bills won a road game.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

The key to every game is going to be how many pass attempts Fitzy has. He makes bad decisions, his footwork still sucks and he has a pop-gun arm. If the Browns throttle the run game and it's up to Fitz's to make the throws, the Bills lose.

That was 2009. This is 2012. I understand how they may scare you. But not this weekend.

The Browns are 3-1 against us in the last four games. In our last game against them we won 13-6 @ home in a very close game. Fitzpatrick had a mistake free game and Fred Jackson ran for 100+ yards.. The previous game is known for the muffed punt and the Browns QB throwing for 2 completions. The 27-29 loss was when Edwards kept throwing to their DBs and finally the 8-0 loss was in the snow when Jamal Lewis ran roughshod over us for 160 yards. This looks a scary game.

14 Sun December 16, 2007 L Buffalo Bills @ Cleveland Browns 0 8 boxscore 15 Mon November 17, 2008 L Buffalo Bills Cleveland Browns 27 29 boxscore 16 Sun October 11, 2009 L Buffalo Bills Cleveland Browns 3 6 boxscore 17 Sun December 12, 2010 W Buffalo Bills Cleveland Browns 13 6 boxscor

The key to every game is going to be how many pass attempts Fitzy has. He makes bad decisions, his footwork still sucks and he has a pop-gun arm. If the Browns throttle the run game and it's up to Fitz's to make the throws, the Bills lose.

Here are the current rankings of both the teams on Offense and Defense.

BILLS

OFFENSE - OVERALL (7), RUSH (1), PASS (28)

DEFENSE - OVERALL (25), RUSH (24), PASS (23)

BROWNS

OFFENSE - OVERALL (22), RUSH (11), PASS (23)

DEFENSE - OVERALL (29), RUSH (18), PASS (28)

They do a better job of stopping the run, but vulnerable to the pass. I am nervous that Gailey is going to put the game in Fitzpatricks hands (the 28th Ranked Passing offense).

~

~

They do a better job of stopping the run, but vulnerable to the pass. I am nervous that Gailey is going to put the game in Fitzpatricks hands (the 28th Ranked Passing offense).

Given that information what you fear is exactly what any OC would be inclined to do.

Plus you know that's what Fitz wants to do. I think part of his sour puss on the sidelines all game against KC was more than his early blown passes, it was being ticked at the run-first game plan.

We will see what we will see. But don't be surprised if the Bills come out throwing. The question will be, if it isn't working will Gailey be willing/able to change gears during the game.

Rankings in week two don't mean that much to me. I think we matchup pretty well with Cleveland, but that DQwell Jackson dude is scary good. He's another Patrick Willis.

I didn't know too much about him but watched the half of the browns game last week, we had better have a plan for that guy or CJ is in for a long day. Sheds blockers easily, tons of backfield tackles and fast in coverage. McEntyre and Eric Smith might see a lot of action keeping Dqwell under wraps.

This is a game where the play action, wildcat and the deep passing game might all need to be used because just lining up and running the ball on them might not be successful. We also might be playing in the rain on sunday, and slippery fields hurt the speed running backs the most.

I predict Fitz will need to air it out in the second half and he gets it together with Donald Jones and Stevie this week but it will be close. Bills win 23-20.

I am with you on this one. Crappy or not the Browns have our number in the last several games. This is not a slam dunk.

Cleveland has a good O-line and Richardson is orders of magnitude better than any running back we've seen this year… in fact based on his performance against Cinci last week, Richardson might be the best running back we face this year.

Weeden is not a "bad rookie quarterback." He is simply a rookie quarterback. I like Weeden but his inexperience will ultimately work in our favor.

Cleveland has a very good defense, albeit they miss massive run stuffer Phil Taylor.

The Browns are at home.

They are desperate to get a win.

The Bills are favored by 3 points.

This will be another tough game.

I think the game will be pretty close before the Bills add a late score to pad the final margin.

their secondary is a mess right now

BILLS

OFFENSE - OVERALL (7), RUSH (1), PASS (28)

DEFENSE - OVERALL (25), RUSH (24), PASS (23)

BROWNS

OFFENSE - OVERALL (22), RUSH (11), PASS (23)

DEFENSE - OVERALL (29), RUSH (18), PASS (28)

We are #7 overall on offense. They are #22. Basically our offense is good and theirs is average. Keep in mind we rested our players for most of the 4th quarter last week. ON OFFENSE AND DEFENSE WE DID.

We are #25 on defense. They are still worse than us at #29.

Your stat actually helped my prediction of a good ol beatdown.

Guys when we played them in the last couple of years, we didnt have a good team. So when someone brings up a game in the past, it's irrelevant at this point. We sucked, we lost! We are playoff caliber (or for the whiners, almost playoff caliber). They are not even close to being in the playoffs. After they lose to us, they will then lose to the ravens. They will be an 0-4 team.

San Jose this is for you: They will be the best 0-4 team in the league.

About the only thing that can change my prediction is the weather. Besides that, it's a blowout guys. Just accept it and stop being scared!

From Tim Graham's Press Coverage Blog Post:

"The Browns are arguably the best 0-2 team in the league. They're three plays away from being 2-0. They could have beaten Philly and could have won last week against the Bengals. They've lost by a combined eight points in two weeks. "That's what the betting public is looking at right now."

And here's the type of Vegas analysis we hope to deliver in this series:

Teams that start a season 0-2 are 80-57-1 in Week Three against the spread, a .584 win percentage.

"If you base your betting on that kind of success, you have a pretty profitable bankroll," Staniszewski said.

The win percentage goes up to .642 when betting only the 0-2 underdogs.

For the record, Sunday's over/under total is 43 1/2.

The last time the Bills were road favorites was Week Four last year. The Cincinnati Bengals were 3-point underdogs and won outright, 23-20.

Keep in mind also that it's been 8 games and counting and over one calendar year since the Bills won a road game.

Gold Jerry,Gold!!

Lets hope this trend doesn't continue.

Edited by qwksilver

Do you guys remember week 4 on the road against the Bengals last year? We all had it chalked up as win after going 3-0 and beating the Patriots* but be careful. This will be a tough game. This is one we need to win if this is going to be our year though.

I think the fans' attitude may be a little different this time. We were all on a MAJOR high after thumping the Chiefs and coming from behind to beat the Raiders and the Patsies (both of which pretty damn thrilling). At least this year, we got humbled by the Jets, so we already know the Bills are human.

It's the players' attitude that matters, though. They can't take the Browns for granted - they gotta go out and beat a team they're supposed to beat.

gugny Albany channel 6 will more than likely carry the game. Been on the last two weeks. Why do all you followers look at past results?? This is a new Bill's team. Time to see Chan lean toward the run. We will be fine as long as we don't have injuries. "D" will be the differance in the whole season. And you can take that to the bank. Loved that movie. Go Bill's.