Where are you now Bills Fan?

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leeds is amazing, my favorite northern city. Also puts on one of the best music festivals in the world every year, IMO. Leeds Fest

If you want something heavier go Wacken in Germany.

http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2012/main-bands/billing-20120/

The Obstacle Remover....

Lived in Pittsburgh PA for a long time, before back to where I was born and raised.

Have been on the board for 10 years and on the news group for several years prior to that. TBD is home for all Bills stuff....Really thank SDS for this wonderful site.

Obstacle remover , love it.

I've been in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area since 1994 after growing up in the heart of the snow-belt in OP. It took about 15 years, but my blood has finally thinned to the point where 50 degree days in January bring me a chill as opposed to a rant addressing weather-soft native Californians...

They cancel outdoor soccer, lacrosse and football practice here when it rains!

States that are left unclaimed...

SD

AL

IA

VT

WY

If I have missed anyone reply and cross it off but hey 45 of 50 states checking in is way more than I would have ever thought on this one post!

1337091360[/url]' post='2467060']

SD

AL

IA

VT

WY

If I have missed anyone reply and cross it off but hey 45 of 50 states checking in is way more than I would have ever thought on this one post!

To say nothing of the 13 or so Nations chiming in!

I lived in Council Bluffs, Iowa back in '06. Does that count?

SD

AL

IA

VT

WY

Someone message the following members? (Stand by... I hit enter by accident)

SDBBFan

SDBilliever

SDBillsFAN

SDBuffalo

(etc.)

Edited by Matt in KC

SD

AL

IA

VT

WY

No one in Vermont? I find that hard to believe.

Your next assignment is crossing off the countries.

To say nothing of the 13 or so Nations chiming in!

I lived in Council Bluffs, Iowa back in '06. Does that count?

The last post i made gave a shout out to the 16 Countries (now 20) that are outside of the US that chimed in. Pretty dang cool. I went through and saw that people have lived in a lot of places that would've counted had they still lived there but i didn't count them since it's a where are you now thread. Let's get all 50 states first then do a national chime in thread.

Edited by MClem06

Northern VA in the metro Washington DC area.

Northern Virginia (Leesburg area) via Lake Worth Florida via Allen Texas, via Lake Worth Florida via Raleigh NC via Rochester (left 1997)

Hey, I'm about 20 minutes away from Leesburg!

Ever go to Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Herndon?

Grand Haven Michigan (home of John Potter) from Western New York, Buff State Grad, ex Bell Aerospace employee.

Hey, sobaboy, I am also a Buff State Grad and an ex Bell Aerospace employee.

What eras were you at those places?

I was at Buff State 78-81, at Bell 84-90.

Northern VA in the metro Washington DC area.

Hey, I'm about 20 minutes away from Leesburg!

Ever go to Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Herndon?

Not that I know of. I'm 20 minutes north and west of Leesburg. I don't drive to Herndon from home very often.

With DirecTV NFL Ticket I can sit home and enjoy the games (as best as one can)

Queens, N.Y. - home of fake jet fans... I never was a football fan and when I came back from the army in 2002, a couple childhood buddies of mine ended up becoming roomates and one day I went over to their apartment and they were watching the Jets game (they're jets fans). They simply asked me what team I liked (mind you, they could have recruited me right then and there to be a Jets fan) and I replied "well I don't watch football much but I remember as a kid growing up I liked to pick the Bills in the game tecmo bowl cuz their overall was the best.

My friends were like oh we hate the Bills, they're in our division and then they went on to tell me that we picked up this really good QB named Drew Bledsoe and our running back Travis Henry had one of the sickest stiff arms in the league and so on...

Long story short, I could only watch the Bills when they played the Jets here in nyc but I would listen to the games online. Went to my first game the following year in '03 and after seeing the good people of Buffalo I've been to at least 2 games every year since then... Buffalo just feels like home for me... No way to really describe it. It welcomes people or at least it did me...

I can't speak when a lot of you guys talk about the glory years cuz I never followed football back then like I do now but, at least you guys know what it feels like to watch the Bills play in the playoffs... All I've known is pain and disappointment since I've become a fan... This year will be mine and my poor girlfriend who I've also recruited to be a fan's year to celebrate hopefully.

Great Story!!!! And Yes, we do welcome people - especially into the Bills Fanatic community!

Born and raised in Salamanca, joined the Navy in 1982. Lived in Japan, Hawaii, Philadelphia and transferred to Chesapeake, Virginia in 1993 and have been here every since. Retired from the Navy in 2002, and have been wearing my Bills gear proudly since the day I left almost 30 years ago. Still go home every year, in fact last year was the first time I didn't make it up for training camp since they moved to St. John Fisher. Seems like there are as many people on this post that live in Hampton Roads as there are that still live in WNY?

Edited by BuffBill