Fan poll, predict the season 2012

183 members have voted

1. 1. What record will the Bills have in 2012?

• 6-10
    • 7-9
    • 8-8
    • 9-7
    • 10-6
    • 11-5
    • 12-4
    • 13-3
    • 14-2
    • 15-1
    • 16-0
    • Win AFC East
    • Win a playoff game
    • Win AFC Championship
    • make it to the SB
    • Win the SB

As the 2012 season approaches we Bills fans know that Buddy Nix did an amazing job this off season in obtaining some excellent talent! The Bills have a pass rush!! Not just a good one but possibly the best in the NFL!. With arguably the best front 4 in the NFL with Mario Williams-Kyle Williams-Marcel Darius- Mark Anderson. That front 4 could wreak havoc in the NFL this year. :P

Then Nix added to the defense in the draft with a top CB and some good LBers. The Bills also have a new rookie LT, and some rookie backups at OT and center. plus a new speedy WR.

Now its up to Chan Gailey to get this team to a winning record or even the playoffs :thumbsup: Fan expectations have to be sky high with all the new talent Buddy Nix gave Chan Gailey this year.

Most Bills fans seem to think that this years team will be pivotal around the QB position, because most think Fitz is an average QB at best. Clearly Chan thinks Fitz can get the job done simply because this team hasn't even drafted a back up QB the last two years They did draft QB Levi Brown in 2010 in the 7th round, and did bring in un drafted QB Aaron Corp this year. But neither of those 2 QB's are developed enough to be a full time back up, much less the starter. I think if Chan runs the ball like he did in weeks one thru eight they will have a winning season.

I fully expect to see the same team we all saw in weeks one thru eight of last season play a full 16 games. I will say 10-6, and should Gailey start using Spiller more in the run game(as he could be the next Chris Johnson), they could do even better.

So, whats your faith tell you? 8-8 Winning record? Playoffs? Playoff win? SB?

@Jets

Chiefs

@Browns

Patriots

@San Francisco

@Arizona

Tennessee

bye week

@Texans

@Patriots

Dolphins

@Colts

Jags

Rams

Seahawks

@Dolphins

Jets

Predict the season!

Sorry, I just don't see this years team competing for the Matt Barkley-Landry Jones sweepstakes.

I chose 9-7 because I think it's a realistic goal and will still be upset if we didn't exceed that record. I would love to finish 11-5 which should guarantee a playoff spot but I'll take 10-6 with a 4-2 division record.

As the 2012 season approaches we Bills fans know that Buddy Nix did an amazing job this off season in obtaining some excellent talent! The Bills have a pass rush!! Not just a good one but possibly the best in the NFL!. With arguably the best front 4 in the NFL with Mario Williams-Kyle Williams-Marcel Darius- Mark Anderson. That front 4 could wreak havoc in the NFL this year. :P

Then Nix added to the defense in the draft with a top CB and some good LBers. The Bills also have a new rookie LT, and some rookie backups at OT and center. plus a new speedy WR.

Now its up to Chan Gailey to get this team to a winning record or even the playoffs :thumbsup: Fan expectations have to be sky high with all the new talent Buddy Nix gave Chan Gailey this year.

Most Bills fans seem to think that this years team will be pivotal around the QB position, because most think Fitz is an average QB at best. Clearly Chan thinks Fitz can get the job done simply because this team hasn't even drafted a back up QB the last two years They did draft QB Levi Brown in 2010 in the 7th round, and did bring in un drafted QB Aaron Corp this year. But neither of those 2 QB's are developed enough to be a full time back up, much less the starter. I think if Chan runs the ball like he did in weeks one thru eight they will have a winning season.

I fully expect to see the same team we all saw in weeks one thru eight of last season play a full 16 games. I will say 10-6, and should Gailey start using Spiller more in the run game(as he could be the next Chris Johnson), they could do even better.

@Jets

Chiefs

@Browns

Patriots

@San Francisco

@Arizona

Tennessee

bye week

@Texans

@Patriots

Dolphins

@Colts

Jags

Rams

Seahawks

@Dolphins

Jets

Predict the season!

Sorry, I just don't see this years team competing for the Matt Barkley-Landry Jones sweepstakes.

So what was your choice?

How can it be anything but the Super Bowl? It's May we are allowed to think that until at least October! :ph34r:

I wish this was a public poll though. I would love to see who voted 7-9 so I could add them to the "never take anything they say serious list". How are you a fan and guess that as the record?!?!

How can it be anything but the Super Bowl? It's May we are allowed to think that until at least October! :ph34r:

I wish this was a public poll though. I would love to see who voted 7-9 so I could add them to the "never take anything they say serious list". How are you a fan and guess that as the record?!?!

Do you take the 2 fans who voted 16-0 seriously? ;)

Edited by LabattBlue

I chose 9-7 because I think it's a realistic goal and will still be upset if we didn't exceed that record. I would love to finish 11-5 which should guarantee a playoff spot but I'll take 10-6 with a 4-2 division record.

So what was your choice?

Like I stated in the post, 10-6 and they could be even better if Gailey decides to give Spiller more carries.

"I fully expect to see the same team we all saw in weeks one thru eight of last season play a full 16 games. I will say 10-6, and should Gailey start using Spiller more in the run game(as he could be the next Chris Johnson), they could do even better."

I do not.

I expect nothing less than...

19 and 0 baby!!!! B-)

When I clicked on this link I immediately looked for 19-0 to put as my vote. :worthy: I figured the next best thing was the super bowl. I'd be pissed at 16-0 it would mean we went undefeated and lost the first playoff game at home! :sick:

@Jets

Chiefs

@Browns

Patriots

@San Francisco

@Arizona

Tennessee

bye week

@Texans

@Patriots

Dolphins

@Colts

Jags

Rams

Seahawks

@Dolphins

Jets

Predict the season!

If no more than 2 IR lost for the season to starters, I say 10 - 6. if 4 or more IR lost for the season to starters, 8 -8 . Turnovers lose games. A rash of IR cases loses seasons.

@Jets WIN

Chiefs WIN

@Browns WIN

Patriots WIN

@San Francisco WIN

@Arizona LOSS

Tennessee WIN

bye week

@Texans WIN

@Patriots LOSS

Dolphins WIN

@Colts WIN

Jags WIN

Rams WIN

Seahawks WIN

@Dolphins LOSS

Jets LOSS

Predict the season!

RyanC883

@Jets WIN

Chiefs WIN- No more dummy at HC, Romeo Crennell is there now

@Browns WIN

Patriots WIN

@San Francisco WIN- Think about 13-3 last year

@Arizona LOSS- now think about who their QB is vs the new Bills pass rush

Tennessee WIN

bye week

@Texans WIN- Think about that #1 defense the Texans had last year with Wade Phillips as DC

@Patriots LOSS

Dolphins WIN

@Colts WIN

Jags WIN

Rams WIN

Seahawks WIN

@Dolphins LOSS- The Dolphins suck :lol: This is a win!

Jets LOSS

12-4...maybe, just maybe. I think you could realistically flip the Arizona game to a win and the SF game to a loss. The Texans game will be a tough game at Houston, particularly if their QB is healthy is why I said 10-6

When I clicked on this link I immediately looked for 19-0 to put as my vote. :worthy: I figured the next best thing was the super bowl. I'd be pissed at 16-0 it would mean we went undefeated and lost the first playoff game at home! :sick:

You could have chosen 16-0 and then put Win Super Bowl.

So I guess Senator's not going to like this but I put 12-4 or 13-3. I did put win super bowl however since I am such a realist!! :nana:

Before the pads are on, what do you think the Buffalo Bills record will be?

I see us going 12-4.

-we have a easy schedule compared to past years.

-3 teams from our division will make the playoffs.

-we will lead the league in interceptions playing Sanchez, Tannehill twice a year and Gabert, Mccoy, Tavaris Jackson, Alex Smith will all help us do it. especially when we are putting the pressure on them.

Week 1 9/9: Buffalo Bills at New York-----------------------W

Week 2 9/16 Kansas City Chiefs at Buffalo Bills-------------W

Week 3 9/23: Buffalo Bills at Cleveland Browns--------------W

Week 4 9/30: New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills----------W

Week 5 10/07: Buffalo Bills at San Francisco 49ers----------L

Week 6 10/14: Buffalo Bills at Arizona Cardinals------------W

Week 7 10/21: Tennessee Titans at Buffalo Bills-------------W

Week 8: BYE

Week 9: 11/04 Buffalo Bills at Houston Texans---------------L

Week 10: 11/11 Buffalo Bills at New England Patriots--------L

Week 11: 11/15 (Thurs) Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills------W

Week 12: 11/25 Buffalo Bills at Indianapolis Colts----------W

Week 13: 12/02 Jacksonville Jaguars at Buffalo Bills--------W

Week 14: 12/09 St. Louis Rams at Buffalo Bills--------------W

Week 15: 12/16 Seattle Seahawks at Buffalo Bills------------w

Week 16: 12/23 Buffalo Bills at Miami Dolphins--------------w

Week 17: 12/30 New York Jets at Buffalo Bills---------------L

Edited by buffalover4life

I believe we beat Houston after our bye and agree we'll lose to the Pats after their bye (again!).

We'll also lose 1 more game among the 1st 7 weeks. That would mean 11-5. Or possibly 10-6.

Despite being irritated by it, I hope the media keep underestimating the Bills, so no one gets too full of themselves at OBD. Remember last year, we were beating Cincy (there) and tried to cruise in the 2nd half. They used it as a springboard to a very good season and we never recovered as the season went into a death spiral. Let's hope it's a lesson learned.

Anywhere from 9-7 to 13-3. Where we fall within that range will be a function of whether or not players develop as expected, and injuries.

Way to go out on a limb, Beerball. Get off the fence and pick a number like the rest of us.

Way to go out on a limb, Beerball. Get off the fence and pick a number like the rest of us.

I think you just offended Beerball.

Anyway, I've learned not to do this. So many things change throughout the course of a season. My range suggests I'm confident the Bills have turned the corner and will be a winning football team. To what extent depends on a lot of factors.

So...suck it! :P

Um...my prediction in today's TBD 'Season Prediction Thread' is exactly the same as it was in yesterday's TBD 'Season Prediction Thread'...

Link - TSW 5/2/2012 Season Prediction Thread

...and exactly the same as it will be in tomorrow's TBD 'Season Prediction Thread', and the non-stop daily and hourly 'Season Prediction Threads' that will surely appear from now until the season opener :wacko:

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

(How in the world could anyone - except one with a loser's low expectations - predict anything else? :wallbash:)

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

GO BILLSSS!!!!!

Edited by The Senator

I think you just offended Beerball.

Anyway, I've learned not to do this. So many things change throughout the course of a season. My range suggests I'm confident the Bills have turned the corner and will be a winning football team. To what extent depends on a lot of factors.

So...suck it! :P

LOL. Great response. I was just goofing with you. I totally agree.

The Bills have won 2 road games in the last two seasons. I don't see them all of the sudden becoming a team that goes into other stadiums and wins.

This. Thus my 10-5. I don't anticipate winning all home, but I don't anticipate only winning 2 away.

10-6

We'll be in the playoff hunt until the end of the season.

There's a lot of potential on this team but injuries, unaccountable mistakes and unexpected losses are part of every season. Nonetheless, I'm excited about the season, some of our new players, having Wanny as DC, getting some guys back healthy, etc.

My prediction splits the different between the Insane Optimists on the one hand and the Negative Nancies on the other (no offense intended, Senator!).

The Bills have won 2 road games in the last two seasons. I don't see them all of the sudden becoming a team that goes into other stadiums and wins.

I think you are underestimating how good the defense will be this year, that front 4 will terrorize opposing QB's. The DB's will suddenly look a whole lot better because they won't need to cover anyone for 10 seconds or be on the field all game long.

But yea, like someone else alluded to, a lot will depend on how healthy the 2012 team can stay. 10-6 growing pains, worst to first!

RyanC883

@Jets WIN

Chiefs WIN- No more dummy at HC, Romeo Crennell is there now

@Browns WIN

Patriots WIN

@San Francisco WIN- Think about 13-3 last year

@Arizona LOSS- now think about who their QB is vs the new Bills pass rush

Tennessee WIN

bye week

@Texans WIN- Think about that #1 defense the Texans had last year with Wade Phillips as DC

@Patriots LOSS

Dolphins WIN

@Colts WIN

Jags WIN

Rams WIN

Seahawks WIN

@Dolphins LOSS- The Dolphins suck :lol: This is a win!

Jets LOSS

12-4...maybe, just maybe. I think you could realistically flip the Arizona game to a win and the SF game to a loss. The Texans game will be a tough game at Houston, particularly if their QB is healthy is why I said 10-6

This is what gets me every year. I agree with all you have but think we should be the Cards, we should sweep the Phins & Jets. I also know that we won't go 15-1.

I could see us anywhere from 9-7 to 13-3 depending on injuries, growth/development and luck. I honestly expect with minimal injuries to be around 10-6 or 12-4, so I picked 11-5.

If we can hover around .500 through the first half of the season or so, the schedule sets up exceedingly well for a late-season surge. 10-6 wildcard, ousted in the first round on the road in a close one.

We finally have an NFL-quality college scouting team. I believe this was our first (if not, second) draft since Nix revamped that department, so we're still getting up to speed with everybody else. Next year at this time I hope to predict a division title.

Edited by Big Bad Boone

If we can hover around .500 through the first half of the season or so, the schedule sets up exceedingly well for a late-season surge.

I think you're onto something.

I didn't vote for any of the W-L options because I think the record will be irrelevant.

What I'm expecting out of the coming season is QB Ryan Fitzpatrick being average and boring. I think his teammates will realize toward the end of the season that Fitz' limitations will prevent the Bills from going anywhere post season so they'll be disinclined to bust their butt.