Claiborne gets a 4 in the wonderlic

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it a multiple choice test? Even if they penalize for wrong answers, it's hard to fathom how that is even possible assuming you answered at random.

Maybe he hasn't mastered the art of filling in an oval. Or he just doesn't give a stojan. Or both.

Isn't it a multiple choice test? Even if they penalize for wrong answers, it's hard to fathom how that is even possible assuming you answered at random.

Maybe he hasn't mastered the art of filling in an oval. Or he just doesn't give a stojan. Or both.

No penalty for guessing. Odds are, if the leak is true, he can't read

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228test.html for example questions

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/03/claiborne-gives-birth-to-a-four-on-the-wonderlic/ for the report on this

Ohhhhhkayyyy

He can STILL tie his own shoes....right?

Is that real? Doesn't that make him legally retarded or something?

Well if he ends up busting in the NFL, he can always collect disability...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Who cares?

He's a cornerback, not a QB or Center or MLB, who makes calls or adjustments.

As long as he runs a 4.4 and can cover the other teams best receiver, I'll take him on my team all day.

Edited by TheBlackMamba

Not to defend him, because a 4 is really embarrassing, but the fact that the test is timed may have something to do with it. He might have a slow reading comprehension and only got through a handful of questions to begin with. Remember, your Wonderlic score isn't a percentage, its how many questions you got right in 12 minutes.

Who cares?

As long as he runs a 4.4 and can cover the other teams best receiver, I'll take him on my team all day.

Yeah, but c'mon...a 4 !! That eventually has to blossom into something not so pretty...wouldn't ya think?

Not to defend him, because a 4 is really embarrassing, but the fact that the test is timed may have something to do with it. He might have a slow reading comprehension and only got through a handful of questions to begin with. Remember, your Wonderlic score isn't a percentage, its how many questions you got right in 12 minutes.

That's still an issue. Obviously something is wrong.

The question is, can he read and comprehend a playbook in a realistic period of time? (or a contract, or anything else needed to function in life?)

This looks like fraud for a guy to get a high-school and college degree. Something is goofy there.

Who cares?

Very true also. But there are very few "island" corners- at somepoint he needs to learn a playbook and reads to make. Intelligence isn't as big as instinct if his instincts are great, but it's a flag.

That's still an issue. Obviously something is wrong.

I don't disagree, but there is a huge difference between having a reading disability and being dumb/lazy. I'd like to know more about this kid's background before I jump on the "You gots a 4, lolz!" bandwagon.

But save me a seat, just in case.

This is sad.

Can teams ask him to read for them? I mean at the combine they all got a chance to interview him. I know with QB's they usually make them do film study and even 'chalk time'.

So either-

A.He can not read/'slow'

OR

B. He didn't try.

If he slips to 10 i think you gotta let him keep going?

Who cares?

McKelvin's 13 looks outright Ivy League.

I dunno, BlackMamba.

Scoring that low on the exam raises a red flag for me.

Think of some of the stupid decisions McKelvin has made.

Now consider that Claiborne's score was one-third of McKelvin's and the fact that McKelvin scored poorly.

If I'm evaluating Claiborne, I'm concerned.

I don't disagree, but there is a huge difference between having a reading disability and being dumb/lazy. I'd like to know more about this kid's background before I jump on the "You gots a 4, lolz!" bandwagon.

But save me a seat, just in case.

I guess what I was getting at is either way, actually disabled or not, it's not that funny. Being a college student that canr read goes beyond lazy (assuming that's the issue). The failures on so many levels (himself included) would be huge, assuming its not a really bad disability. Even if it is, to seemingly not have it addressed at all is.... Sad, not lolz, either way

Who cares?

just afraid of another McKelvin, who's not the brightest.....

just afraid of another McKelvin, who's not the brightest.....

Exactly, great skills but doesn't comprehend where his teammates are. I am sorry but you should be a complete player for your position if you are selected in the top 10. Rewarding someone who did not try sends a bad message to the rest of the players in H.S and College.

Wow...so in addition to having a torn-up wrist and being a bit on the slow side physically (ranked 10th among CBs in the 40 at NFL combine), dude's pretty stupid too.

That's an understatement. As others have noted just randomly selecting answers should produce something better than a 4.

Agree though, I'm not usually a numbers guy, but everything points to him being a very risky selection.

No way this guy graduates HS, let alone college with out some serious "help" due to his athletics.

On the other hand, maybe this is a plus. He is obviously mentally handicapped in a significant way, yet he must be a hard worker to have overcome that to this point.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Revis 10, AJ green 9, Patrick Peterson 10 ... So scores in that range don't bother me at all. 4 does take a little 'splaining to do. good news he may drop to us now, assuming we take him and the wonderlic had no bearing on his NfFL performance

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack