TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

I would like to see someone push Fitz though, Thigpen's obviously not the guy. And tebow used properly will definitely help red zone efficiency on offense, something we always seem to struggle with. His passing looked very sharp in the win over Pittsburgh, there's at least potential to develop into a quality passer.

Offer one of our 4ths and see what happens.

Can't base our personell moves on guys like smith and thigpen.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL.com says Bills on top of the list for Tebowmania....

Linky..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b36c8/article/tim-tebow-stock-watch-where-will-he-play-in-2012?module=HP11_hot_topics

Don't see it happening but could you imagine the spotlight on this team if it happened...don't think I want this but at the same time...I'd kind of like it...

Regardless...GO BILLS!

NFL.com says Bills on top of the list for Tebowmania....

Linky..

http://www.nfl.com/n...HP11_hot_topics

Don't see it happening but could you imagine the spotlight on this team if it happened...don't think I want this but at the same time...I'd kind of like it...

Regardless...GO BILLS!

Bills already have Brad Smith for the Slash role. With actual OTAs and a full training camp, he'll have an expanded role in the 2012 season.

The only way you bring in Tebow is if you expect him to start. Not that any of it is his fault, but his fans will demand that he plays, even if the first string QB is playing above average (like Fitz most likely will). Tebow is a cult fan favorite, if he doesn't start, it may divide a locker room and fan base (a la Doug Flutie).

The only way you bring in Tebow is if you expect him to start. Not that any of it is his fault, but his fans will demand that he plays, even if the first string QB is playing above average (like Fitz most likely will). Tebow is a cult fan favorite, if he doesn't start, it may divide a locker room and fan base (a la Doug Flutie).

I could see the fans but I don't think the locker room. Fitz has a lot more respect than RJ and tebow isn't flutie.

tim is running out of places to start....

his best fit would be with a team that already has a running QB.....like philly or carolina.....or even a team with a coach who knows how to use a running QB...like buffalo's chan gailey.

Bills already have Brad Smith for the Slash role. With actual OTAs and a full training camp, he'll have an expanded role in the 2012 season.

I'm not getting the Brad Smith love. OT's and full training camp probably isn't going to change the fact that he isn't a good player.

Not saying we should get Tebow, but I don't think we should annoint Brad Smith as "our Slash."

Downside of giving up a 5th? That draft pick has a chance to be competent at their position...

Reagrdless of position, the 5th round pick would probably have a better completion % if we played that player at QB.

More articles:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1110899-peyton-mannings-decisions-could-have-tim-tebow-headed-to-buffalo

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2012/3/20/2886368/tim-tebow-rumors-bills-jaguars-trade-broncos

I would imagine Nix & Gailey are at the least window shopping.

But would you not agree Tebow would be an upgrade in the slash role? If we can get him cheap, I am not against it.

I cant see this happening. Its not even about his football abilities, its the circus he brings with him. Elway is trying his hardest to wash his hands of Tebow. He wasn't going to be able to sign another QB because no one wants to be the one to challenge the chosen one. Its a no win situation for the team that brings him in, they will have a revolt from the fans to start Tebow even with his 47% completion percentage. Jacksonville is the most likely IMO only because the owner wants him and wants to see those tarps go away.

And before someone says it will sell tickets, Mario Williams has already done that

I do remember reading somewhere a while back (I think it was in the Atlanta paper) that Chan somehow knows Tebow's dad, and that was part of the reason the Bills did consider, but ultimately passed on drafting him.

There's just so much noise unrelated to football that comes along with Tebow. I have no problem with him or his beliefs per se, but I think to bring in a one-man media circus while this franchise is at a critical point in its rebuilding would be a mistake.

EDIT: Also it seems that article puts us at the top of list based on the opinion of the author and nothing else, right?

Edited by jimmyo