TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL.com says Bills on top of the list for Tebowmania....

Linky..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b36c8/article/tim-tebow-stock-watch-where-will-he-play-in-2012?module=HP11_hot_topics

Don't see it happening but could you imagine the spotlight on this team if it happened...don't think I want this but at the same time...I'd kind of like it...

Regardless...GO BILLS!

:thumbdown:

I think we could get him for a fourth (perhaps the fourth round pick we got for lee evans?). He would be an improvment over Brad Smith and a real threat in the red zone. Certainly would make our wildcat look a lot better. I don't see him competing for a starting job unless Fitz gets hurt or just falls apart. I think it would be a move that makes sense for a fourth or fifth round pick. I wouldn't go above that though.

Yeah, who would want the crazy media circus that would follow him........

Anyone know if TO would come back, he'd be a great #2 WR again? Has the league announced that they are giving us Monday night and primetime games this year? We just signed Mario Freakin' Williams, why is no one else talking about Him and the Bills RIGHT NOW!!!!1

If Fitz is going to be as good as everyone has seemed to pencil him in to be, he shouldn't have to worry about who's behind him. It's a big boy's game.

The question is: are we a better team with Tebow in a backup/slash/gadget role?

Unquestionably, yes.

Tebow > Brad Smith

Tebow > PigPen

If Fitzmagic is in effect this year, and I hope it is, we all win. If not, we have a very exciting playmaking backup to fill the gap until the next franchise QB.

I'm on the fence about this.

I like the buy low, sell high risk/reward to this. Gailey finds ways to use Tebow's capabilities and between Gailey and Lee, he becomes a better, more complete quarterback. You then either trade the more polished, improved quarterback for some draft picks or you see what you've got as competition to Fitz.

On the other hand, the whole fandimonium/public sentiment stuff is a spreading grease fire. As another poster astutely observed, the moment Fitz has a bad game, it'll make the Johnson/Flutie debate look completely amateur.

If the NFL had a minor league system similar to baseball, Tebow is an ideal candidate for AAA.

I'm a Christian...there I said it. I believe in Jesus Christ. There I said it. I believe in Heaven - Yes.

With that said, I think many Buffalo Bills players are Christians - but similarly, they know how to keep their religion separate and apart from their work on the field. The NFL is a rough sport and there is no room for "turning the other cheek" when a linebacker has you in his sights. Do any of you seriously think Tebow is a "softee" or a "kitty" or won't play hard because he is a Christian?? It seems that many of you can't get over the fact that the kid (and he is a kid)has a commitment to 3 things really: His religion, His family and Football.

At 6'4", 220 + with the body of a TE, this kid has one of intangible that no one can take from him - a deep, heart felt, old school, desire to win games. I haven't seen as much pure emotion in a kid to win and compete in the NFL at the QB position other than Brady and Brees. Some days I watch Kyle Orton, Matt Cassell, Alex Smith, Rex Grossman, even Fitz on certain days and they look downright bored out of their skulls. Say what you will, Tebow is a competitor. He desires to win and if winning is out main goal as a team...we can find a place for a kid like this on our team (TE, WR, Wildcat, Halfback a la Hernandez). For a 4th or 5th pick and a restructured contract - he is a proven commodity.

I get sick of folks saying we should bring in this FA or that FA without even considering the talent this young man demonstrates not in raw QBing skills, but as a football player who could fill in at a few different positions. Work on his timing routes, teach him to anticipate open receivers (and with our 4-8 yd slant routes 80% of the game, I'm sure he could at least get to a respectable level if need be). I just don't think you should dismiss this option entirely.

Ready for the onslaught - bring it on.

If Fitz is going to be as good as everyone has seemed to pencil him in to be, he shouldn't have to worry about who's behind him. It's a big boy's game.

The question is: are we a better team with Tebow in a backup/slash/gadget role?

Unquestionably, yes.

Tebow > Brad Smith

Tebow > PigPen

If Fitzmagic is in effect this year, and I hope it is, we all win. If not, we have a very exciting playmaking backup to fill the gap until the next franchise QB.

Tim Tebow posted 1 game last year above 52% completion percentage. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/13200/tim-tebow In an offense that requires the QB to think quickly, throw accurately into tight windows you want this guy?

In his last 5 games he was 49/120 with 3 TDs to 4 INTs including a 6 for 22 performance against the chiefs. Teams figured him out. Including the patriots, twice and a 1-4 record.

I'm so glad someone started another Tebow thread, this was absolutely necessary and completely different and unique from what was posted 10,000 times in the last 2 years.

OMG!!! I can't stop laughing at this.

I'm a Christian...there I said it. I believe in Jesus Christ. There I said it. I believe in Heaven - Yes.

With that said, I think many Buffalo Bills players are Christians - but similarly, they know how to keep their religion separate and apart from their work on the field. The NFL is a rough sport and there is no room for "turning the other cheek" when a linebacker has you in his sights. Do any of you seriously think Tebow is a "softee" or a "kitty" or won't play hard because he is a Christian?? It seems that many of you can't get over the fact that the kid (and he is a kid)has a commitment to 3 things really: His religion, His family and Football.

At 6'4", 220 + with the body of a TE, this kid has one of intangible that no one can take from him - a deep, heart felt, old school, desire to win games. I haven't seen as much pure emotion in a kid to win and compete in the NFL at the QB position other than Brady and Brees. Some days I watch Kyle Orton, Matt Cassell, Alex Smith, Rex Grossman, even Fitz on certain days and they look downright bored out of their skulls. Say what you will, Tebow is a competitor. He desires to win and if winning is out main goal as a team...we can find a place for a kid like this on our team (TE, WR, Wildcat, Halfback a la Hernandez). For a 4th or 5th pick and a restructured contract - he is a proven commodity.

I get sick of folks saying we should bring in this FA or that FA without even considering the talent this young man demonstrates not in raw QBing skills, but as a football player who could fill in at a few different positions. Work on his timing routes, teach him to anticipate open receivers (and with our 4-8 yd slant routes 80% of the game, I'm sure he could at least get to a respectable level if need be). I just don't think you should dismiss this option entirely.

Ready for the onslaught - bring it on.

The only problem I have with that theory is there are plenty of guys that can already throw the 5 yard slant. You wanna develop someone bring back levi Brown. The circus scares me more than the player

I'm actually starting to warm to this idea on one condition, that he is not brought in to compete for the starting QB position. Love him or hate him as a QB, one thing is undeniable, the guy is dangerous whenever he touches the ball. Far more dangerous than Brad Smith in almost every area.

If Gailey/Nix were to bring him in, I think Gailey could use him as the ultimate X factor. You can line the guy up virtually anywhere on the field and find a use for him. The simple reality is that this creates a game planning nightmare for opposing DC's.

They spend all week game planning for the chance that Tebow comes in and takes some snaps at QB and runs an option then you bring the guy in and line him up at RB or TE.

He's also supposedly a great team guy and would fit well with Buffalo's culture.

The flipside is, I don't think there's any chance he'd go anywhere where he couldn't compete for the QB spot.

NFL.com says Bills on top of the list for Tebowmania....

Linky..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b36c8/article/tim-tebow-stock-watch-where-will-he-play-in-2012?module=HP11_hot_topics

Don't see it happening but could you imagine the spotlight on this team if it happened...don't think I want this but at the same time...I'd kind of like it...

Regardless...GO BILLS!

Honestly, he should be here. Very reasonable contract, a better backup than what we have now. If anyone in the NFL can make this guy a good QB and get the most of his talent, its Chan Gailey. AND it FURTHER adds to the national attention we would have.