TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expands on ESPN:

Teams that have discussed a trade for quarterback Tim Tebow, either internally or with the Denver Broncos, include the Jacksonville Jaguars, Green Bay Packers, Miami Dolphins and New York Jets, a league source said.

Can we end this?

Another thing is there is an ENORMOUS difference between discussing a trade internally and calling the Broncos to discuss a possible trade. Schefter said the Jets talked about trading for him between themselves, not with Denver. I'd imagine that virtually every single team in the NFL had internal discussions about trading for Tebow. I hope the Bills had internal discussions about trading for Tebow even though I wouldn't trade Tim Connolly for Tim Tebow. It's the smart, prudent, only thing to do.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

High risk is not having a viable #2 QB when our starting QB takes an absolute beating every week.

What beating is that? We did give up the fewest sacks in the league. His rib injury occurred on a single hit. It wasn't like it was an accumulated thing.

Ok but how is he better. Your making statements but you don't have anything to back it up. Is it his completion percentage? His career rating? His one career game with a completion percentage over 52% last year? In our pass first offense how is he better than Tyler?

So stats make a complete argument? No intangibles, like winning. took a 4 win team and doubled the total, won a playoff game. If it has to be stats: I would think he and thigpen have about the same amount of games played career...and are similar in numbers. the stats aren't good for either .....but neither are Fitz's and people seem to think hes a top 10 qb around here.

I would say in terms of potential upside, for the BACKUP, it's no match. I would like to see him in a Gailey-run system. I think that would be his best shot as a pro....and we have that opportunity....on the cheap.

So stats make a complete argument? No intangibles, like winning. took a 4 win team and doubled the total, won a playoff game. If it has to be stats: I would think he and thigpen have about the same amount of games played career...and are similar in numbers. the stats aren't good for either .....but neither are Fitz's and people seem to think hes a top 10 qb around here.

I would say in terms of potential upside, for the BACKUP, it's no match. I would like to see him in a Gailey-run system. I think that would be his best shot as a pro....and we have that opportunity....on the cheap.

Agree to disagree. I think Buffalo bringing him in would be the worst thing to do right now. JMO based on everything ive seen with Tim

A Gailey run system means reading the field and making quick decisions with the ball. Tebow has shown he can't do that.

What beating is that? We did give up the fewest sacks in the league. His rib injury occurred on a single hit. It wasn't like it was an accumulated thing.

So sacks are the only hits a QB takes? If he didn't have a quick release, he may have been dead based on some of the non-sack hits he took last year.

So you want to see Tebow in a system that relies upon the QB's ability to READ DEFENSES quickly and then make ACCURATE throws in a timely manner? Brilliant. Sounds like freaking peas and carrots.

So sacks are the only hits a QB takes? If he didn't have a quick release, he may have been dead based on some of the non-sack hits he took last year.

You're making my case. Quick release is not something Tebow has. You want to see him in a system that relies on quick reads and releases, a system that he is not at all suited for. So by this logic Tebow playing in our system will be an unmitigated disaster and he will get killed. Because our system is not options and 7 pass attempts a game.

Edited by biglukes

I understand your concern but in light of Terrell Owens I think that we would be alright, especially that that was even a different administration/players and I think that are even better in those areas. I think that it's actually one of our strengths (lockerroom/chemistry).

The Denver team had decent success last year, yes?

Have you heard any Denver players that sound upset?

Why not?

I think Tannenbaum has started to lose it anyway, and not sure we should still consider him a reliable talent evaluator, considering...

His ESPN update also said it's a long shot for Jets to trade for Tebow. Must be going after the evangelical market in the NYC area.