TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In hindsight, did any of those teams suffer through a 7 game slide?

I totally agree. I will say that a injury just didn't start and stop with Fitz, it seemed like the injury bug went thru all our important starters, offensively and defensively.

Pretty sure Doug Flutie was awesome and would've worked out if our coach wasn't an idiot

1) Probably wasn't the coach's decision.

2) Flutie really brought us many playoff victories and never hung his receivers out to dry. <_<

3) Flutie rode a great defense to prominence (a great defense devised by said "idiot coach.")

Look at the stats.

Flutie was a nice story, but once the league figured out his game, it didn't take long to shut him down. Look at his San Diego tenure and you can see how he was a "natural winner" who led them to victory when all the rest of the pieces weren't in order for him. I'm sure Charger fans were clamoring for Flutie after all 8 wins in 22 games.

I'm not going to say he didn't help out the Bills. He did. But he was also an egotistical jerk who walked around like he owned the place when in reality he had a nice foundation laid for him. He encouraged a divisive locker room, and it's a lousy teammate who does that.

I am not going to say that Rob Johnson would have led the Bills to the promised land, but it was poor special teams play, and not QB play, that lost them a chance at a title in '99. Flutie had already stopped "working out"in '99 as the stats bear out, with a 55% completion rating, declining yards per attempt, and a 19-16 TD to INT ratio - the kind of stat that made JP Losman suck.

I actually feel sorry for Tebow. While I'm not impressed with his QB skills I do have a very high regard for him as a person. All he wants to do is play football and he's very passionate about it but the league is making him into a freak show. It seems like the main reason for most of the teams that may be interested in him is for the gate revenue. The capitalism of the NFL is very sickening at times.

I actually feel sorry for Tebow. While I'm not impressed with his QB skills I do have a very high regard for him as a person. All he wants to do is play football and he's very passionate about it but the league is making him into a freak show. It seems like the main reason for most of the teams that may be interested in him is for the gate revenue. The capitalism of the NFL is very sickening at times.

No one, but no one, is holding a gun to the kid's head and saying "play pro sports for 5-7 million dollars a year," even if he doesn't see the field.

I feel sorry for the kid's situation in that he got drafted by a team in major upheaval, but you can't control where you get an opportunity in the NFL. You either take it and make the most of it, which by all appearances Tebow has, or you pull a Ricky Williams when it finally gets to you, and roll one and hang out in a monastery after you've packed away some millions.

The attention and hypermediated environment are the things that make NFL football so lucrative for these guys. It's the price to be paid, especially for the stardom is accompanied by bigger dollar figures.

I have yet to read anywhere that Buffalo is even persuing Tebow (I've read that Buffalo might be a fit, but thats different.) Is there anyone out there in journalism land who can report that Buffalo is even looking into it?

If the Bills were interested it wouldn't be to their advantage to leak that information. The more suitors out there, the higher the price becomes.

That said, I don't think they are interested. Too high a salary for what they'd be bringing him in for. Once again, why trade a draft pick for him and take on higher salary years when they could have had him in the draft in the first place? If they didn't want him then, I can't see why they would want him now at that price, as a backup and utility man.

In hindsight did any of those teams lose the leagues yardage leader too?

I am not joining in the TIMsanity (stole that from Fluff head). I don't want anything to do with him, but ...our starter was clearly not the same player during that stretch of games. You can point the finger where you like. I point it at the HCs complete and utter lack of confidence in the backup QB.

That must be fixed.

I think Tebow is a great guy but I also think he brings it on himself. When you literally sing "Awesome God" warming up on the field before the game and walking up and down the sidelines during the game, you bring it on yourself.

I think Tebow is a great guy but I also think he brings it on himself. When you literally sing "Awesome God" warming up on the field before the game and walking up and down the sidelines during the game, you bring it on yourself.

Y'know, a man really ought to be able to warm up for a game and stay up during the game in the manner he chooses...what does it say that singing "Awesome God" is way more news than banging your helmet into lockers and screaming a la Leonard Smith?

I think Tebow is a great guy but I also think he brings it on himself. When you literally sing "Awesome God" warming up on the field before the game and walking up and down the sidelines during the game, you bring it on yourself.[/b}

Whats so wrong with that? Alot of players do things similar but aren't called out on it. Its because it is a "religious" song that he is called out for it. He doesn't go running up to the cameras and grab them singing directly into them.

Whats so wrong with that? Alot of players do things similar but aren't called out on it. Its because it is a "religious" song that he is called out for it. He doesn't go running up to the cameras and grab them singing directly into them.

Amen...he does things the right way!

He knew he was "mic'd up" when he was doing it. ;)

Everyone, including Tebow obviously, is entitled to their opinion. To me if you sing a song like that on your team's sidelines during the game, you're bringing the religion thing into it yourself, and you're leaving yourself open for both the religious fervor in favor and against. I really do not at all think that is the proper place for it.

Disagree, people get all hoped up on the religon aspect but players sign all the time and dance to music before the game and dont get the camera shoved in their face. Remember when Cutler was injured and sat with a look of not caring on the sideline? Tebow cant win, the media is always on him, I really dont think he looks for it

Just because he is exemplifying who he is and is passionate about his God (more people should be), he shouldn't be singled out for it. Other players do all kind of things to keep themselves motivated and hyped and aren't called out for it. The guy is genuine, clean living and is routinely criticized for it. What is wrong with people??!!!

My link

It doesn’t mean the message wasn’t clear. It was the ultimate “it’s-not-you, it’s-us” breakup, except it was really “it’s-not-you, it’s-your-fans.” Tebowmania is overwhelming Tebow.

Why Tebow would be a disaster in Buffalo.

PTR

Just because he is exemplifying who he is and is passionate about his God (more people should be), he shouldn't be singled out for it. Other players do all kind of things to keep themselves motivated and hyped and aren't called out for it. The guy is genuine, clean living and is routinely criticized for it. What is wrong with people??!!!

So you think it would totally appropriate for Mushin Muhammed to lay down a prayer rug on the sidelines in the middle of an NFL game during his sajda of salat and kneel toward Mecca? I wouldn't. It's not the place for it.

I would totally defend his right to do it, like I totally defend Tebow's right to sing "Awesome God" on the sidelines, and immediately I would have the opinion of -- WTF are you thinking?! Don't do that! You're going to be crucified for it, then religious groups will run to your defense, then detractors will leap in for no reason, then someone is going to notify Jesse Jackson, Jr and all hell is going to break loose!

Edited by Kelly the Dog

And that right there is the flaw in your post. Because you AGREE with what he does, you're critical of those who find it off-putting.

A lot of very "genuine, clean living" people in this world don't believe in what Tebow believes in.