TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised if we did show some interest for the right price. Kelly was having dinner with Tebow and talking to him before the draft that year. It was thought that we would take Tim in the 2nd before Denver traded up. Before people knew exactly who had traded up they expected it to be us. When it was Denver they talked about how Buffalo had missed out on their guy. No, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we landed Tebow.

The thing with Tebow is that the teams that need a starting QB do not play his style of offense. They'd have to make major changes to accommodate his game. So if you're going to do that, do you fully believe he can be an elite QB in the NFL? If not, why do it?

So if Tebow doesn't fit in as a starting QB, then his only option is backup. But a backup QB is almost always something of a clone of the starter. He has to be because the team is not going to have a second style of offense to accommodate the backup. So I don't see even backup as a probability for him.

The one situation where I think Tebow might fit is third string, with a special package of plays like the Wildcat. In other words, a role similar to Brad Smith's with the Bills.

this guy beat me in madden the other day using tebow, he would run, pump fake and then buy enough time to let his receivers open up.

I was buffalo and he won 24-21, thats got to count for something!

Maybe he should go after John Fox's job.

Man, it's as if we have Montana/Young at the QB position here.

QB is our teams biggest question mark and weakest depth.

Tebow does NOT add ANY depth to the QB position. None.

And this has nothing to do with his "abilities". It has to do with the fact that he will not be able to run the Bills' offense as it's currently constructed. Backup QBs need to be ready to play (cold) at the drop of a hat. Tebow is not able to run the Bills offense which makes him completely worthless as a backup.

If they brought Tebow in they would have to redesign the offense to make it easier for him (as they had to do in Denver) ... and you just don't do that for a backup QB.

Tebow does NOT add ANY depth to the QB position. None.

And this has nothing to do with his "abilities". It has to do with the fact that he will not be able to run the Bills' offense as it's currently constructed. Backup QBs need to be ready to play (cold) at the drop of a hat. Tebow is not able to run the Bills offense which makes him completely worthless as a backup.

If they brought Tebow in they would have to redesign the offense to make it easier for him (as they had to do in Denver) ... and you just don't do that for a backup QB.

6 teams reportedly called Denver today...6 teams that, by your estimation, have to redesign everything.

I'm going to go with that as a strong indicator that you may be mistaken in your assessment.

Man, it's as if we have Montana/Young at the QB position here.

QB is our teams biggest question mark and weakest depth.

so how is trading for a TE/H-back going to address this supposed "lack of QB depth"?

so how is trading for a TE/H-back going to address this supposed "lack of QB depth"?

Wow...haven't seen that joke yet.

My apologies...we're smokin hot at QB man....no improvement needed there. You see....we added Mario Williams.....just lay back and let the Lombardi's rolll.....

news flash: by many people's estimations, our starting QB sucks and sucked most of last year. Bottom rung. We have no help behind and no developmental project.

You keep cracking H-back jokes though. Oh...and we were 6-10 last year.

Wow...haven't seen that joke yet.

My apologies...we're smokin hot at QB man....no improvement needed there. You see....we added Mario Williams.....just lay back and let the Lombardi's rolll.....

news flash: by many people's estimations, our starting QB sucks and sucked most of last year. Bottom rung. We have no help behind and no developmental project.

You keep cracking H-back jokes though. Oh...and we were 6-10 last year.

And our 6-10 team last year embarrassed Tebow, who then followed up that joke of a performance with anothe brain bleedingly bad spectacle against the Chiefs. A Chiefs team our supposedly awful QB torched. So what does that say about the chosen one?