TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

Well... :unsure:

I'm thinking...If The Bills were truly interested in Tebow 2 years ago, and all indications including those from Tebow himself point in that direction, then what would stop them from being interested now? He has shown, in a very small period of time, exactly what most Scouts felt about him all along...He does somethings extremely well, some things very poorly, and he needs a lot of work...But he was still a 1st Round Pick...And my guess is he would go no lower than the 2nd Round of this Draft...no Manning, and Tebow is the Starting QB for the Denver Broncos in 2012...He's one of the 32... Now the benefit is he's had two years in the NFL...He's got some on-the-job training...

I do think Nix will feel if anybody can get something more out of Tebow as a Passer it will be Gailey...And Fitz would be as good a mentor as Tebow could possibly ask for...

But then there is the circus aspect which I want no part of...

I do think Tebow is better than Thigpen...But is his upside as good as say, Brock Osweiler? I don't know...This is a tough call...But I'm guessing if the Bills were interested before, they will be interested again... B-)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the NFL had a minor league system similar to baseball, Tebow is an ideal candidate for AAA.

It does. It's called the NCAA. He kicked ass there, but you only get 4-5 years.

Do we even know for certain Tebow will be traded? There are two things he's terrible at: Reading defenses and throwing the ball. Who better to sit behind and learn from than Pey-Pey?

NFL.com says Bills on top of the list for Tebowmania....

Linky..

http://www.nfl.com/n...HP11_hot_topics

Don't see it happening but could you imagine the spotlight on this team if it happened...don't think I want this but at the same time...I'd kind of like it...

Regardless...GO BILLS!

Hey Mods its time! Can we merge the Tebow threads and possibly pin 'em?

(I'd stick my tongue in my cheek and suggested merging the "We Need a QB" thread as well, I'm in fear that the sarcasm would be missed, though.)

Well... :unsure:

I'm thinking...If The Bills were truly interested in Tebow 2 years ago, and all indications including those from Tebow himself point in that direction, then what would stop them from being interested now? He has shown, in a very small period of time, exactly what most Scouts felt about him all along...He does somethings extremely well, some things very poorly, and he needs a lot of work...But he was still a 1st Round Pick...And my guess is he would go no lower than the 2nd Round of this Draft...no Manning, and Tebow is the Starting QB for the Denver Broncos in 2012...He's one of the 32... Now the benefit is he's had two years in the NFL...He's got some on-the-job training...

I do think Nix will feel if anybody can get something more out of Tebow as a Passer it will be Gailey...And Fitz would be as good a mentor as Tebow could possibly ask for...

But then there is the circus aspect which I want no part of...

I do think Tebow is better than Thigpen...But is his upside as good as say, Brock Osweiler? I don't know...This is a tough call...But I'm guessing if the Bills were interested before, they will be interested again... B-)

Even if you argue that the Bills brass wanted him in the 2010 draft(2 years ago), which I'll concede and say maybe their was some interest. The bills have now seen him up close(Great game btw, 3 ints 37.1 QB rating).

Isn't it entirely possible that now that they have seen what Tebow is like in the NFL(which previously they hadn't) they changed their minds about wanting him or their opinion of him. Just because fans fell in love with him, doesn't mean coaches and GMs did.

Tim Tebow posted 1 game last year above 52% completion percentage. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/13200/tim-tebow In an offense that requires the QB to think quickly, throw accurately into tight windows you want this guy?

In his last 5 games he was 49/120 with 3 TDs to 4 INTs including a 6 for 22 performance against the chiefs. Teams figured him out. Including the patriots, twice and a 1-4 record.

Understood, BUT

We have a starting QB that is not a proven winner. Sorry to break that to you. 75% of this board seems to think he is playoff-caliber....with absolutely no basis other than a hot start last year. Our existing backup sucks. This guy (Tebow) has a penchant to pull games out and thrives off pressure. I'll take that guy in my bullpen any day. Why shouldn't your unproven starter that has shown more downside than upside worry about his starting job if he's not performing? There are 32 of those jobs in existence. Everyone agrees our staff is experienced with QB development and tailoring offenses to capture skill sets, they should have a field day using TT in special situations. TT is no more predictable than Brad Smith and will not cost as much. Strictly looking at him as a backup with many other benefits, you make this move. We are a better team as a result.

Linky..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b36c8/article/tim-tebow-stock-watch-where-will-he-play-in-2012?module=HP11_hot_topics

Don't see it happening but could you imagine the spotlight on this team if it happened...don't think I want this but at the same time...I'd kind of like it...

Regardless...GO BILLS!

Tebow-aphiles are just as pathetic in the sports world as Ron Paulbots are in the political world. In politics, Ron Paul is the answer to all our ills. In sports, Tim Tebow is the answer to all ills. Most Tebow-aphiles only support him because he wears his religion on his shirt.

Imagine the chaos that will happen each time Fitz does something wrong or throws a pick/air mails a pass/looks like he's in trouble/takes a sack/hurries a throw/doesn't tie his shoes. The Tebow-aphiles will demand Timmy go in instantly.

The Bills DO NOT NEED THAT HEADACHE. NO TO TIM TEBOW for many reasons.

I'm so glad someone started another Tebow thread, this was absolutely necessary and completely different and unique from what was posted 10,000 times in the last 2 years.

As opposed to the 10,000 threads on who the Bills should draft first or what their record will be next season?

Welcome to the off season.

Linky..

http://www.nfl.com/n...HP11_hot_topics

Regardless...GO BILLS!

I read this as entirely fluff and opinion. For example, they have the Jax Jaguars listed as #2 most likely destination for Tebow despite acknowledging "The Jaguars' front office reportedly has no interest in Tebow, and the team just signed Chad Henne to compete with Blaine Gabbert."

It's entirely based on their perception of Chan Gailey as a coach whose style is suited to utilize Tebow, not on any actual knowledge of Bills having an interest in him.

Understood, BUT

We have a starting QB that is not a proven winner. Sorry to break that to you. 75% of this board seems to think he is playoff-caliber....with absolutely no basis other than a hot start last year. Our existing backup sucks. This guy (Tebow) has a penchant to pull games out and thrives off pressure. I'll take that guy in my bullpen any day. Why shouldn't your unproven starter that has shown more downside than upside worry about his starting job if he's not performing? There are 32 of those jobs in existence. Everyone agrees our staff is experienced with QB development and tailoring offenses to capture skill sets, they should have a field day using TT in special situations. TT is no more predictable than Brad Smith and will not cost as much. Strictly looking at him as a backup with many other benefits, you make this move. We are a better team as a result.

And your proof of that is what? 14 games at the NFL level with a 8-6 record to boot. So your slaming peoples "opinion" for Fitz and putting forth an "opinion" of your own. TT hasn't played nearly enough games for someone to make a statement like that.

Understood, BUT

You dont get Tebow as a backup. The circus that fallows him will not allow that. I wouldnt touch him with a ten foot pole purely for that reason.

I havent seen him play good enough as a QB over an entire game that i would bring him in either. I just dont see it

As opposed to the 10,000 threads on who the Bills should draft first or what their record will be next season?

Welcome to the off season.

I agree to a certain extent. Discussing draft prospects at least sometimes has some new information (not much new information is going to surface after the pro-days) and I believe is valuable.

I wouldn't mind if there were a #10 pick pinned as well, but the "Trade for Tebow" is now a offseason and regular season regular thread. Its just getting ridiculous.

I've been listening to Denver sports radio the past hour and it's funny how all they're talking about is Tim Tebow. A day after they landed Peyton Manning!

http://www.1043thefan.com

Thats why I don't want this guy. Wed beat the Patriots by 50 and WGR would talk about how Tebow looked good in his jersey instead of Fitz's 850 yard 11 TD performance

And your proof of that is what? 14 games at the NFL level with a 8-6 record to boot. So your slaming peoples "opinion" for Fitz and putting forth an "opinion" of your own. TT hasn't played nearly enough games for someone to make a statement like that.

14 games and a winning record + a playoff win?

If that were Fitz, there would be threads all over this board about "elite" status. All relative man. I have seen enough arguments that fitz never had the starting position from camp, that he had broken ribs, that he doesn't have receivers, no o-line etc etc. I am NOT hating on the guy but what has he done to have the entire season placed on his shoulders with no insurance policy?

My opinion is that Tebow has shown me enough to be worth a 5th rounder, low money and a backup spot. Especially when we have dog poo behind fitz.

TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!TIMTEBOW!!!