TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And our 6-10 team last year embarrassed Tebow, who then followed up that joke of a performance with anothe brain bleedingly bad spectacle against the Chiefs. A Chiefs team our supposedly awful QB torched. So what does that say about the chosen one?

Not sure where your point is...it's like the haters keep forcing this argument as if I am saying to change our entire offense and start the kid....

he's the best possible backup available right now, and cheap. A great would-be addition to this team.

But since you have to have a masturbatory debate....

I sure as sh-t wasn't watching the Bills/Fitz beat Pitt in the playoffs last year. That one win would put him squarely behind Barnett at the top of the list of playoff experience on our roster.

Not sure where your point is...it's like the haters keep forcing this argument as if I am saying to change our entire offense and start the kid....

he's the best possible backup available right now, and cheap. A great would-be addition to this team.

I sure as sh-t wasn't watching the Bills/Fitz beat Pitt in the playoffs last year. That one win would put him squarely behind Barnett at the top of the list of playoff experience on our roster.

Why? Youd have to develop two different game plans each week just in case

Man, it's as if we have Montana/Young at the QB position here.

QB is our teams biggest question mark and weakest depth.

I don't think It's possible to have Montana/Young in the modern era. Too Many Teams nowadays. The NFL Should cut 2 get it back to 30. Might have a better chance if that was the case.

Why? Youd have to develop two different game plans each week just in case

That is one thing that is overlooked in the Tebow debate. Brady Quinn was actually the #2 QB on the Broncos right up until Tebow started. Quinn would run the same offense they had for Orton. When they decided to bench Orton and start Tebow instead of Quinn they indeed changed the entire offense around Tebow.

Why is it that if you recognize that Tebow is a horrible pro QB you're a hater? This is the kind of circus that exists with Tebow that I want no part of. The first incomplete pass by Fitz and the Tebow nuts will be screaming their heads off for him to play.

I could see where Tebow might be a good fit for our team. The obvious being Chan Gailey/Kordel Stewart connection. Other possible reasons would be is we already have some offensive packages that Brad Smith runs. We are at need for a #2 WR and if we were to trade for Tebow, I'm sure it would free up Smith from these packages. One of the bigger knocks on Tebow is his football intelligence, or his lack of. I think that Fitzpatrick, being a Harvard graduate, would make an excellent mentor. I also like that we are not so solid at the QB position, regardless of Fitzpatrick, and this might be a very low cost, low risk for a franchise QB of the future. Like it or not but Chan Gailey and the type of offenses that he's capable of are best suited for a player like Tebow.

That "horrible pro QB" would upgrade the position here. that says a lot.

If it were anyone that can help this team, its reasonable, and the price is right, I would do it.

Has nothing to do with the media attention we want/don't want depending on which whining exercise we are engaged in. It's about improving the team.

That "horrible pro QB" would upgrade the position here. that says a lot.

If it were anyone that can help this team, its reasonable, and the price is right, I would do it.

Has nothing to do with the media attention we want/don't want depending on which whining exercise we are engaged in. It's about improving the team.

How does he upgrade the team? I'm not trying to argue with you I'm just trying to understand your reasoning

I could see where Tebow might be a good fit for our team. The obvious being Chan Gailey/Kordel Stewart connection. Other possible reasons would be is we already have some offensive packages that Brad Smith runs. We are at need for a #2 WR and if we were to trade for Tebow, I'm sure it would free up Smith from these packages. One of the bigger knocks on Tebow is his football intelligence, or his lack of. I think that Fitzpatrick, being a Harvard graduate, would make an excellent mentor. I also like that we are not so solid at the QB position, regardless of Fitzpatrick, and this might be a very low cost, low risk for a franchise QB of the future. Like it or not but Chan Gailey and the type of offenses that he's capable of are best suited for a player like Tebow.

I don't think it is low risk though. It's very high risk. With the crazy following Tebow has and the sideshow it brings. It has a very high potential to divide the fan base and locker room.

How does he upgrade the team? I'm not trying to argue with you I'm just trying to understand your reasoning

He's better than our #2 and does what our #3 does MUCh better.

Doesn't that qualify as an improvement? We have the coaches/offensive minds that can handle game planning his going in for Fitz, that should not be a detracting argument.

Doesn't that qualify as an improvement? We have the coaches/offensive minds that can handle game planning his going in for Fitz, that should not be a detracting argument.

Ok but how is he better. Your making statements but you don't have anything to back it up. Is it his completion percentage? His career rating? His one career game with a completion percentage over 52% last year? In our pass first offense how is he better than Tyler?

Let's assume for a second the Bills are interested in bringing him in as a #3/wildcat QB to run a few plays per game, and to attempt to develop him into a viable starter over the long haul.

Still, even with those caveats, the negatives that come along with him (the circus sideshow and mouth breathing followers) vastly outweigh any positives he brings from a football standpoint.

Edited by Ramius

I don't think it is low risk though. It's very high risk. With the crazy following Tebow has and the sideshow it brings. It has a very high potential to divide the fan base and locker room.

I understand your concern but in light of Terrell Owens I think that we would be alright, especially that that was even a different administration/players and I think that are even better in those areas. I think that it's actually one of our strengths (lockerroom/chemistry).

I understand your concern but in light of Terrell Owens I think that we would be alright, especially that that was even a different administration/players and I think that are even better in those areas. I think that it's actually one of our strengths (lockerroom/chemistry).

TO didnt have nearly the Circus the Tebow has, its not even close. Tebow the person doesnt worry me, Tebow the media loved guy scares me