TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all stemming from an interview with John Clayton? Is there a new John Clayton out there that has actual sources and breaks news?

I've really come to like Clayton, if for no other reason than it's always interesting to see him on TV and hear people in the bar say things like, "Geez, I thought Frank Perdue was dead. He looks great. But why he is reporting on sports?"

My first reply to this got lost when all the threads got combined into this one ... so allow me to ramble yet again.

Tebow is NOT a backup QB in the NFL. There isn't a team in the league he can be a backup for. Why? Because Tim Tebow can only be successful in a specific offensive system. Denver redesigned (and simplified) their offense to cater to Tebow's abilities. When he tried to run Orton's offense, he struggled. It wasn't until they made the commitment to switch to a more Tebow friendly offense that he took off.

A backup QB does NOT have that luxury. What would the Bills (or Patriots) do with Tebow as their backup? Would they have to install 2 offenses each week in case Fitz goes down? There's just not enough time for that. A backup QB needs to be ready to play (and play well) at the drop of the hat regardless of the situation on the field or the offense being run. Tebow is NOT that guy.

As bad as Thigpen has been (or must be based on how little faith the coaches showed in him last year in light of Fitz's injury), he is BETTER than Tebow simply because you don't have to redesign the offense to suit him. The Bills need a backup QB. But not Tebow.

There is no better coach than Chan Gailey to get the most out of Tim Tebow. I see no downside in giving up a 5th for Tebow. He only makes $1m. Fans might be distracted, but I think he is a football player and could only help.

The Cleveland Browns had Seneca Wallace impersonating a QB at the end of the season.

They have questionable WRs in Cribbs, Little looked goid and Hardesty is a walking mash unit to himself. So Tim Tebow could do everything there.

Why.not Cleveland?

Honestly, if his fans weren't so psychotic, I'd be okay with them giving as high as a 3rd. I think Brad running the wildcat with Tebow would be dangerously interesting. Not to mention, he'd be a more than exciting prospect in the "Developmental QB" role.

But, again, his fans are a maniacal cult. The media being a part of it. If he were to come in, I think there would be some serious chemistry complications.

Downside of giving up a 5th? That draft pick has a chance to be competent at their position...

As opposed to all the other QBs we have that have beaten the Steelers in the playoffs.

I know it's popular to bash Tebow, but he does have value. It's not the value of a #1 QB, but it's the value on bringing something different athletically and a winning attitude. I disagree with anyone who says this 2x winner of the Heisman who scored 50TDs in the SEC is an athlete with no value in the NFL....especially with such a creative mind in Chan Gailey as coach. As a fan, I think it'd be fun to watch.

Don't know where NFL.com is getting their sources on this one. We already have a starting qb as well as a "slash" guy in brad smith. I highly doubt Nix will make that move. Plus, the dolphins, browns and jags need starters at qb.

Here's a question to those posters who continue (as recently as yesterday) to be insistent that the Bills wanted to draft Tebow in 2010:

If the Bills were so hot for Tebow that they tried to trade back into the first round to draft him, wouldn't it be a no-brainer that they would now acquire him for the rumored 4th or 5th round price tag?

Tebow's won a playoff game since then. Why would he not be attractive to the Bills at this juncture. Do you think the Bills will show interest in him?

Uggh. And so it begins.

More like it continues. Last week I had suggested re-pinning this original Tebow thread in anticipation of this happening.

God gave you clear skies and 70 degrees in March to sign Williams. They guy even put deer in Kelly's back yard.

Don't be greedy.

Good one, Mike.

I don't want that.

No matter what you think of Tebows QB skills, you cannot deny that everywhere he has been to date (college or pro) the kid somehow finds a way to win. I don't want him doing that against the Bills twice a year, every year.

So in short ... Jags, Tebow, please!!

You're afraid of the Bills playing Tebow twice a year for Miami? You know we beat Tebow last year when he was with Denver, right?

BTW, I guess this means that Sanchez is a better QB than Tebow because Sanchez is 6-0 against us and Tebow is 0-1. Those gospel rules of quarterbacking excellence are so simple and yet so confusing.

My link

Was this already posted? I'm ok with Tebow if he doesn't cost more than a 4th rounder and his money doesn't stop us from extending Byrd and Levitre

Don't know where NFL.com is getting their sources on this one. We already have a starting qb as well as a "slash" guy in brad smith. I highly doubt Nix will make that move. Plus, the dolphins, browns and jags need starters at qb.

Specul… speculation.

I don't think this is anything more than speculation on Rosenthal's part.

But you never know.

Well, if nfl.com's running with it, might as well have fun with it right?:

1.) We need a development quarterback - Say what you will about him, but he was able to come from behind to beat the Steelers in the playoffs. I'd say that's a pretty good place to start the devolpment process.

2.) He can contribute on offense while holding the clipboard - Wildcat. Yes, we do have Brad Smith in place. But why can't we be greedy? Both can run it. Hell, imagine them running the gimmick together? Coached on it by it's creator, our new QB's coach, by the way.

3.) ALL eyes on Buffalo - If Mario Williams put us back on the map a little; getting Tebow would REALLY make people pay attention to us. It'd be a welcome change of pace.

4.) Charity - The NFL.com article is right. Chan Gailey is probably one of the very few people who would know how to use the kid. David Lee as well. Honestly, the kid may not have a better opportunity than us.

5.) $$$ - You could probably make a profit on what you'd have to pay him in jersey sales alone!