Who will wear #90 - Poll

Who will wear #90 for the Buffalo Bills  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Who will wear #90 for the Buffalo Bills?

• Chris Kelsay
    • Mario Williams

Thought it would be interesting to see who TBD thinks will wear #90. Kelsay is a defensive team captain and well respected veteran. Mario Williams is.....Mario Williams. This will send a message either way to the players in the locker room. My opinion is Kelsay keeps #90 and Mario will have a new number. What say you?

Interesting to watch how this goes. i bet i am in the minority.

A) Williams should not even ask

B) no one should have to give up their # after playing with a team for so long. if it were two rookies, let em work it out sure

3)why would Mario want to memorialize his texas past?

he needs a new number for himself. Wondered if anyone has some other suggestions?

Hope you do not mind my question, Allstars004.

Edited by 3rdand12

B) no one should have to give up their # after playing with a team for so long. if it were two rookies, let em work it out sure

he needs a new number for himself. Wondered if anyone has some other suggestions?

Click the link in the post directly above yours.

Thought it would be interesting to see who TBD thinks will wear #90. Kelsay is a defensive team captain and well respected veteran. Mario Williams is.....Mario Williams. This will send a message either way to the players in the locker room. My opinion is Kelsay keeps #90 and Mario will have a new number. What say you?

I saw a tweet (sorry no link, being in Guam it is hard to link all of my stuff) that said Mario would be wearing #90, not sure how accurate and twitter has been wrong before...

The team pulled out all the stops to get him. Kelsay is an aging veteran. I don't think Mario should ask for it and I also believe Kelsay will offer it. Kelsay is by all evidence a team player and leader and I think he'll offer the number just to welcome Mario to the team.

I believe its between the players.....Being that Mario now has more money than anybody ever needs the question is how much will Kelsay get for it???

The #78 has got to be retired.. making it so no other Buffalo Bill can ever where it and rightfully so....

If Kelsay is still on the roster, I expect he'll wear #90 but it appears no decision has been made.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/buffalo_bills_unsure_on_jersey_number_for_mario_williams/10337515

BTW, for what its worth, I believe Mario wore #9 in college and #82 in high school.

Edited by cnico

I agree with you that this is how it should happen, but I don't think it will. If Kelsay does switch, I bet it's for a pretty hefty sum. Although who knows, maybe Mario was never thrilled with 90, but it was one of the numbers available his rookie year and he just stuck with it after.

If Kelsay is still on the roster, I expect he'll wear #90 but it appears no decision has been made.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/buffalo_bills_unsure_on_jersey_number_for_mario_williams/10337515

BTW, for what it’s worth, I believe he wore #9 in college and #82 in high school.

Maybe he just likes 9?

I think I couldn't care less, and hope neither guy actually gives a...crap

In a related jersey number incident, apparently Peyton Manning will be wearing jersey #18 for the Broncos, even though it was retired. Frank Tripuka was the first ever starting QB for the Broncos, threw the first TD ever in the AFL, was the first QB to throw for over 3000 yards in a season, was an AFL All-Star in 1962, and played four seasons for the Broncos. Tripuka, at 87, allegedly has given his approval for Manning to wear his retired jersey number.

His career stats for the Denver Broncos were absolutely amazing! 51.8 completion percentage 51 TDs with 85 INTS and the team record of 13-25-1

He played 15 professional seasons of crappy football in three leagues for an assortment of lousy teams who gave up on him.

http://en.wikipedia..../Frank_Tripucka

http://www.pro-footb.../T/TripFr00.htm

He is also the dad of hoop player Kelly Tripuka.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Don't forget the business side. Hell wear some other number this year maybe next. Then change to 90. They will sell a whole lot more jerseys that way.

That is what I think will happen.

Maybe they will agree to share number one wearing for home games and one for away.

NFL would get annoyed with that but there is no RULE against changing numbers like changing names where you need to get notice to NFL.

Some of these points have a nice ring. However Kelsey racked up his longevity by default, the D languishing in the bottom 5 for his entire tenure. If he lead us to a lousy wild card one year maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

no player should wear 78. there are plenty of other numbers that mario can wear. though i think that he will be wearing 90 as kelsey jersey's probably aren't in high demand and i know i'd like a williams jersey. with 90 on it. kelsey can have a different number.

That is what I think will happen.

Maybe they will agree to share number one wearing for home games and one for away.

NFL would get annoyed with that but there is no RULE against changing numbers like changing names where you need to get notice to NFL.

I know your weren't serious but there is actually a rule about number change and it is the same as the last name one.

Edited by BuffaloBillsSD

1332207216[/url]' post='2415116']

I beg to differ. I think it would be an honor for both Williams and Bruce. It's like saying hey, you were out best defensive player ever, now your number serves as an emblem of success.

You can beg if you want, but it falls on deaf ears. It's not an honor for Bruce in the least. How is it an honor for him? Because they gave his number to the leagues highest paid defensive player? Mario is a very good/great defensive end. Bruce is the best defensive end of all times (according to me anyway). It's an honor because we took his number out of retirement and gave it to a guy we hope and pray can be 75% of the player Bruce was? I just don't understand the logic behind someone thinking its a honor to Bruce.