What about Demetrius Bell?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which would actually would explain the shoulder injuries (lack of strength, trying so hard he injuries himself).

Anyway, i'm just being worried about LT becoming a hole again when it finally started to brighter (injury aside). Guess you guys are right.

Your are 100% right to be worried about a void at LT.

But with the news we are hearing now, Buddy is trying like heck to get his DE and WR in FA.

If he can get Meachem and Williams to sign.

Then LT in the first at #10 looks pretty nice.

Grab you another olb or DE in the second, and suddenly this team is resembling a force to be reackoned with.

Sign Bell, sign Carl Nicks....and forget about oline the next 5 years. Bell-Levitre-Woods-Nicks-Hairston with Urbik and Rhinehart providing depth

You would need to re-sign Wood and Levitre in the next year or so. Nicks is going to get $6M-$8M per year. Lot of money in that O=Line.

As Nucci states, we sign someone like Carl Nicks (God, no, please) and you lose Wood and/or Levitre… two of the best young O-linemen in football.

Actually I think Bell's a more talented athlete than Jennings.

Luckily for Jennings he became even more injury prone only after signing his free agent deal.

If Bell had managed to stay relatively healthy, I don't think the Bills would have let him hit the market.

Nix has said more than once that they like him as a football player.

For all of the Bell lovers out there it looks like a weak market for the big guy. I'd take him back at 4 yr 13-16 mill total and no more. That would really open up the draft options.

Some of u guys are so full of it! Who do we have to replace Bell? You??

I would love to have Bell back for the short term help, but I can't envision him as a long term solution. He is just too injury prone- and he is only 28!. Imagine what will happen as he starts to age and is affected by wear and tear. Maybe if he signed to a contract with significant incentives for playing time it would be worth the risk. Otherwise, I think the Bills should probably just give up on Bell and try and draft a new prospect.

Edited by vincec

If they plan on using the 10th pick for a tackle no reason to sign Bell. They would have 2 young tackles cheep!!! I still wouldnt mind seeing Bell back for a like a 2 year deal at moderate money, if next year he is not needed trade him for future pick.

They have a good young LT in Trent Williams. Why Bell?

Could be that they want to move him inside as a guard or move him over to the right side once Trent Williams comes back from suspension. This reminds me of the Whitner situation. A player thinks he is going to get a mega deal on the open market and after a couple of weeks of little to no offers, he simply takes a mid level deal offered in the mid stages of free agency.

I think Bell winds up with a 3 year 12 million dollar offer with 4 million gauranteed (AKA only the first year is gauranteed). I wouldn't at all mind the Bills giving him that offer. But I think Washington will land him.

If they plan on using the 10th pick for a tackle no reason to sign Bell. They would have 2 young tackles cheep!!! I still wouldnt mind seeing Bell back for a like a 2 year deal at moderate money, if next year he is not needed trade him for future pick.

I agree. It sounds like we're telegraphing the pick here. We didn't re-sign our starter and the GM came out and said Hairston is a "start down the line" kind of guy. Looks like Hairston will be a swing tackle and they're going to draft Martin. Not a very sexy pick, but if we get a guy who can start for the next 10 years, I'm good with it.

2-4 are probably CB DE OLB CB. We need multiple CBs to groom this year cause all we have for the future is Williams. Florence and McGee are getting old and McKelvin probably won't be re-signed once his rookie contract is up at year's end if he's expecting big money.

And like Bell or not he would be stupid not to try to get a good contract, blind side protection is highly valued. If I were him I would be prepared to wait till some one got hurt in preseason creating a dire need.

Its also nice to have Pears and Hairston locked up. I think that Hairston with a year of experience and an off season that he didnt get last year , he will be much improved.

Isn't Trent Williams gonna be suspended for puff, puff, passing with Fred Davis?

From what I read they served their 4 Games in weeks 14-17 last Season...

It is strange that the Skins would bring Bell in...I can't imagine he's going to get a better deal than The Bills offered to be a RT in Washington...Seems like a desperation move by his Agent to get him some attention...

I'm not just saying this because I'm a Bills Fan...But Bell's best move now would definitely be to re-sign with The Bills...At least for a year to see if he can re-gain some career momentum...I think Kalil, Martin, and Adams will be Starting LT's as Rookies, or shortly thereafter...The opportunities as a Starting LT are drying up for DB REAL fast...This may very well work out in The Bills favor... B-)

I find it really tough to evaluate the Bill's O-line. On one hand as a team we gave up the lowest amount of sacks in the league which is great. Bell graded well (in the games he was played) by some advanced metrics.

On the other hand I feel the o-line benefited the use of a lot of 3 step drops(short pass plays), TE staying into block and the fact we were so effective running screen plays. But there were times this years when the bills were down and the opposing rush ends were pinning their ears back and it didn't seem like our Tackles including Bell, Hairston and Pears, could hold their blocks long enough.