What about Demetrius Bell?

Why do people say he is an average LT. Is there such a thing? I thought he was playing "above average" last year until he got hurt. I have more confidence in the Bills evaluators of line talent than this boards. If he is worth it talentwise I think he will be kept around. Unless of course they need the cash for Super Mario

It appears that the Bills have decided he is not worth retaining for the price he is asking. And quite frankly, he is not. He is oft-injured, and slightly above-average when playing. Martin will prob perform just as well as him next year.

We have ruled out this Melvin Ingram character? I don't pay that close attention.

not sure why. I like him. I also like Hariston as a starter at LT.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a Bill! You should support the players on the roster! You must not be a true fan.

As usual thank you for your valued and insightful contribution to the topic of this thread *cough* *cough*.

He's had 3 years to show us he can be the guy. He hasn't. Nice feel good story with Karl Malone for a dead beat dad but if you can't play due to annual injury for LONG periods of time you aren't helping. Sign him as a back up or swing tackle for a contract that reflects how many games he plays on average and his inconsistency.

If someone wants to make him a better offer to be their starter he should go get his money and become somebody else's IR LT. Are you just crabby because he didn't prove all the Jason Peters lovers wrong and make them forget all about him?....LOL

Edited by PDaDdy

As usual thank you for your valued and insightful contribution to the topic of this thread *cough* *cough*.

He's had 3 year to show us he can be the guy. He hasn't. Nice feel good story with Karl Malone for a dead beat dad but if you can't play due to annual injury for LONG periods of time you aren't helping. Sign him as a back up or swing tackle for a contract that reflects how many games he plays on average and his inconsistency.

If someone wants to make him a better offer to be their starter he should go get his money and become somebody else's IR LT. Are you just crabby because he didn't prove all the Jason Peters lovers wrong and make us forget all about him?....LOL

Your hypocrisy on matters of player personnel on the Bills is fascinating.

Your hypocrisy on matters of player personnel on the Bills is fascinating.

Again, thank you for your valued and insightful contribution to the topic of this thread *cough* *cough*.

I don't worry about your imagination or perception of some sort of hypocrisy. Sorry Bell is your pet LT but he can't stay healthy and he is just ok when he is healthy. Speak to that or continue with your personal attacks. Doesn't matter to me either way.

Bell has become far more than just OK when healthy. He's played well, and is far more mobile and athletic than is Hairston from what I've seen. Before Bell is thrown under the bus, let us remember that Hairston got hurt too and when he returned, he looked rather mediocre at best and frequently rather poor. The comparison with Jonas Jennings is a fair one however, as Bell has had a lot of trouble staying on the field. Yet, in 2010 after coming back from a knee injury and surgery, he did play and start in all 16 games, all while not being anywhere near a 100%. That showed guts and want to. Personally, I'd hate to see him go.

Again, thank you for your valued and insightful contribution to the topic of this thread *cough* *cough*.

I don't worry about your imagination or perception of some sort of hypocrisy. Sorry Bell is your pet LT but he can't stay healthy and he is just ok when he is healthy. Speak to that or continue with your personal attacks. Doesn't matter to me either way.

It's not a personal attack to point out your hypocrisy on the issue of player personnel. Your record on the matter is clear:

PostPDaDdy, on 08 March 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

I know the haters love to attempt to judge Fitz in a vacuum and blame him for all the ills of the world but it is foolish to ignore all of the real world factors that made this a 6 - 10 TEAM!!! Let me know when Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees or Tom Brady become available and then we can talk. Until then try actually supporting your team and it's QB instead of bemoaning the fact that he isn't one of the best ever.

It's like your girlfriend whining because you proposed with a 1 carat diamond ring not a 2 carat diamond ring. Those types of QBs are RARE. Accept what we have and try supporting them to make them the best they can be instead of biatching.

So it's cool for you to "biatch" about players on the team like Bell and Jackson ... but it's not cool for anyone to question Fitz.

Got it.

This is no different than the S. Johnson threads a week or so ago. There are people who thought he was going to get 9-10 mil per year from someone other than Buffalo. Some that wanted Nix to use the franchise tag and pay 9.5 mil I think it was for one season. Others (me included) that thought he would test the FA market and end up somewhere for about 7 or 7.5 mil per year.

Basically we were all wrong. Same with Bell, we will see when it happens.

I can see him getting a 5 year 30 million dollar contract. I think we will most likely draft Rielly Reif (if available) or more likely Jonathan Martin OT stanford. There is no way we can go into the season with Hairston as our starter at LT.

First of all, your thread title implies that you know for sure that he is gone. Link ? Proof ?

If you are just speculating, I won't be too unhappy if he is not a Bill next season purely because of his injury history. He is an unreliable contributor similar to JOnas Jennings and Roscoe Parrish. If his departure accelerates our acquisition of a good LT via the higher rounds of the draft or otherwise, I will be more than happy.

Lastly, for those clamoring for Hairston at LT, let us not go overboard here. Hairston appears more suited for the right side than the left. He may yet suprise us by becoming more athletic, but I would rather develop him as a RT and a backup LT than the other way round.

It's not a personal attack to point out your hypocrisy on the issue of player personnel. Your record on the matter is clear:

So it's cool for you to "biatch" about players on the team like Bell and Jackson ... but it's not cool for anyone to question Fitz.

Got it.

I'm actually flattered that you pay enough attention to my posts and scrub the boards trying to catch any hint of hypocrisy or double talk.

Bell isn't good enough in large part due to the fact that he isn't healthy enough to play, develop chemistry with the rest of the line and become consistent and improve his level of play.

IF Bell were to stay healthy this might be a completely different conversation and I would be talking about supporting a young budding player that has showed toughness, the ability to play through injuries and has raised his level of play every year as he develops but we aren't now are we?

"Got it" now?

Edited by PDaDdy

I'm actually flattered that you pay enough attention to my posts and scrub the boards trying to catch any hint of hypocrisy or double talk.

Bell isn't good enough in large part due to the fact that he isn't healthy enough to play, develop chemistry with the rest of the line and become consistent and improve his level of play.

IF Bell were to stay healthy this might be a completely different conversation and I would be talking about supporting a young budding player that has showed toughness, the ability to play through injuries and has raised his level of play every year as he develops but we aren't now are we?

"Got it" now?

Got it. You're the only one capable of determining whether or not a player is worth supporting or if he isn't. But if anyone disagrees with you they're "biatching" and not supporting the team.

Edited by tgreg99

Got it. You're the only one capable of determining whether or not a player is worth supporting or if he isn't. But if anyone disagrees with you they're "biatching" and not supporting the team.

Nope apparently you didn't get it.

You haven't said a thing about Bell leaving, staying, commented on anyone's critique of his play or provided one of your own. It's sadly obvious that you have a vendetta and you are hell bent on trying to expose some sort of hypocrisy or inconsistency in my statements as your only goal. Stick to the issues.

Edited by PDaDdy

I agree. Anyone who thinks this sally will get 6-7+ million a year is crazy.

Unfortunately, he will probably get more.

First of all, your thread title implies that you know for sure that he is gone. Link ? Proof ?

If you are just speculating, I won't be too unhappy if he is not a Bill next season purely because of his injury history. He is an unreliable contributor similar to JOnas Jennings and Roscoe Parrish. If his departure accelerates our acquisition of a good LT via the higher rounds of the draft or otherwise, I will be more than happy.

Lastly, for those clamoring for Hairston at LT, let us not go overboard here. Hairston appears more suited for the right side than the left. He may yet suprise us by becoming more athletic, but I would rather develop him as a RT and a backup LT than the other way round.

I was just speculating, but I feel it is an extremely likely outcome. I do not want us to go into the season with Hairston as our starter. He has shown nothing.

Nope apparently you didn't get it.

You haven't said a thing about Bell leaving, staying, commented on anyone's critique of his play or provided one of your own. It's sadly obvious that you have a vendetta and you are hell bent on trying to expose some sort of hypocrisy or inconsistency in my statements as your only goal. Stick to the issues.

I'm not hellbent on anything. Just merely pointing out something I find fascinating about your inconsistent posting history. It's just funny that when you question someone's ability on the Bills roster it's okay. But when someone else does so it's "biatching" and you think they should shut their trap and just support the players we have. I'm sure the other posters who you called out for not being "haters" also find this hypocrisy interesting.

As for Bell, I don't care if he stays or not. I've been on record as saying that the Bills have serious talent and depth problems all along their offensive line. Bell included. But then again, I'm of the mind that it's okay for fans to question the players on their favorite team's roster. You're the one who thinks that's sacrilege.

Then again, based on your comments in this thread, apparently you don't even believe the drivel you've been spouting for the past few weeks.

Maybe there's hope for you yet.

:thumbsup: