What about Demetrius Bell?

Haven't heard much buzz here about resigning Bell. If nothing else, last season showed the need for quality depth on the OL.

I'm thinking Hairston's eventual berth may be right tackle, and even if we draft a LT we need depth.

For this reason, I would like to see Bell re-signed. Sure, he's been injured, but so was everyone else. Maybe we need better S&C not throw everyone who's been hurt to the curb.

He's #30 on what's his names top 50 FA with the comment he's "one of the few true LTs"

Thoughts?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His price will be inflated due to the lack of LTs available on the market. He also sat behind Hairston late in the season despite being healthy. My guess is they wont value him as highly as some others might.

His price will be inflated due to the lack of LTs available on the market. He also sat behind Hairston late in the season despite being healthy. My guess is they wont value him as highly as some others might.

His injury history will drive down his value, no matter where he goes. I'm all for signing him to a 2-year contract close to the minimum.

Regardless of the lack of love for Bell here, he is going to get a big payday from someone. He is the only true left tackle on the free agent board and he is getting paid.

Injuries aside, the man has turned into a good player. I see pro-bowl in his future, and a bad taste in our mouth sooner rather than later.

Regardless of the lack of love for Bell here, he is going to get a big payday from someone. He is the only true left tackle on the free agent board and he is getting paid.

Injuries aside, the man has turned into a good player. I see pro-bowl in his future, and a bad taste in our mouth sooner rather than later.

Basically Whitner part 2?

Bell would be good to re-sign if it's an incentive laden deal for starts/games played. Give him like 3 years worth about 6 million and give him incentives that could increase the overall worth to about 15-18 million. When healthy he was better than average at the LT position.

His injury history will drive down his value, no matter where he goes. I'm all for signing him to a 2-year contract close to the minimum.

He is considered by some to by the ONLY true LT in this years FA.

Yes he will not get 'elite' LT money, but he isnt signing for less the $6-7mil a year. And some team could overpay if they feel he is the missing piece.

And the vet minimum for a player entering his 5th season is $680,000 per so realistically speaking…

He is considered by some to by the ONLY true LT in this years FA.

Yes he will not get 'elite' LT money, but he isnt signing for less the $6-7mil a year. And some team could overpay if they feel he is the missing piece.

I would like to see us sign Bell. $5 million is quite a bargain for a young talented LT with upside. Plus that would solidify the line and allow us to be more flexible with draft and free agency, not to mention continuity. If we let Bell walk that almost guarantees first round pick will be offensive tackle